Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my BD drive doesn't work..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3Slayer View Post
    Generated the DRL files and copied to PS3, as per instructions. Just placed Star Trek bluray (MKB 14) into PS3 and it played first time (non-jb mode) !!
    could you please send me the drl files for star trek..

pls

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here you go. Hope you get it back working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks so much! but these are .bin files? how do i make .drl?

also can you please tell me if this is NTSC or PAL pls and thanks.

They are DRL files, with .bin extension. Put them on a usb stick and run the DRL_Copy app on the Ps3 to copy them into flash3.

Make sure you run DRL backup to make a copy of your existing ones first.

PAL/NTSC doesn't make a difference here, but they are from a region 2 bluray.

NTSC or PAL does matter.. i'm guessing you are PAL since the files did not work?

ps: thanks for all your help

Just to inform, I recovered BR Function using DRLtool and District 9 MKB 16 UNIQUE.

I tried other downloaded DRL D9, just the calculeted from AACS - DRLtools from mine disc work.

Big Grin This may help

So I've been scratching my head over how to restore my Blu-ray playback, and I'd been unsuccessful until today. I thought that the only 2 Blu-Rays I'd watched on my PS3 were Apocalypto and Transformers. I'd been messing around with the MKB files and running them through DRLgen to create the .bin files, without any success.

I then stumbled across th BD Data Utility on the XMB, on here it showed details of all the Blu-Ray films I had watched, along with the dates. This reminded me that I had watched 2012 also (a copy I borrowed, so didn't have the original disc), and that it was the most recent film I had watched. I managed to find the generated DRL file online, along with the knowledge that it was level 16 security.

All I did was to create a DRL from a Bluray I had (Transformers) using the MKB_RO.inf to create the 2 .bin files. I then opened these up in a hex editor and replaced the HEX with the DRL info from 2012 I found on the net. I put these in the "PS3bluray" folder on my USB, inserted into the PS3, ran DRL copy and after restarting my PS3, BLU-Ray was restored!

Just to confirm, my hard drive was formatted when I downgraded, and when I restored my data from a back up it kept the data on the "BD Data info" on the XMB.

Basically this info can help re jog your memory over what discs have been played, along with the dates. I hope this helps anyone in a similar position I was In.

Heapy83

anybody have drl files from the book of eli? That is the last movie I saw. Could somebody upload it, if they have it as I don't have a pc blu ray drive yet. Thanks

You could always just go to a movie rental store and rent it

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News