Question Does Debug firmware play PS2 isos?

does debug firmware play ps2 isos? or homebrew?

thanks

Banned User

With usbld 2b any backwards compatible ps3 can play ps2 iso's if you have swapmagic to launch it.

but debugging stations "test/debug's" as they are called can play burnt ps2 games that are patched as master.

And to answer your other question... pretty much/sort of, if the app is created with the proper tools.

wait what?... you can play ps2 backups and non-backwardcompatible ps3 (pal 80gb)? am I reading this right?

If you can is there a good tutorial for a total noob like me?

I don't think it is possible to play PS2 games on an un-backward compatible PS3 without involving emulation. It must be the ability to play PS2 backups on PS2 compatible PS3s. It should not be different for debug firmwares as at least one of the PS2 chips must be included to play PS2 games, the "emotion engine" (ps2 cpu) or "graphic synthetizer" (ps2 gpu).

Test console - Backed up games?

Hi,

i am new to the ps3 scene, but i have a test/debug console. i have been told that it will play backed up games, is this correct?
    The only thing is that it will not play the latest games as it wont update, is this normal?

Thanks

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB85 View Post
    i am new to the ps3 scene, but i have a test/debug console. i have been told that it will play backed up games, is this correct?
    See here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...s3-104094.html

PS2 ISOf DEBUG Firmware PS3OS

Ouais Tu Peut Le Faire.. Install dans le ELF

Yeah you can do.. Install in the ELF
    Last edited by YZM; 02-24-2009 at 09:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Smile

Hello.. hum, honestly a ps2 game backup can be play on a a test-debug with the xorloser iso patch (a master disc converter)

for some ps2 games, you can install them on hdd with PS2 SYSTEM DATA but he not exist for debug, just retail.

I try to using USBLD_02b.ELF in may USB HDD format in FAT32 but may PS2 backup after loading screen steel freeze.

It isn't USB 2.0 or 1.0.. The speed it is very slow. It is posibility to copy game to internal HDD ??
    Or play in this internal 60G HDD ?

Best regards
    Bobita

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by wangine View Post
    I try to using USBLD_02b.ELF in may USB HDD format in FAT32 but may PS2 backup after loading screen steel freeze.

It isn't USB 2.0 or 1.0.. The speed it is very slow. It is posibility to copy game to internal HDD ??
    Or play in this internal 60G HDD ?

Best regards
    Bobita
    No you cant play from the internal hdd.

And yes ps2 games from usb are slow for everyone.

And there are alot of games that are not compatible.