Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Do Any PS3 Test Consoles Come With Prototype Control Pads?

Sponsored Links
    I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the PS3 Test consoles came/come with a prototype control pad?

The reason I was asking is because I bought a PS3 Test DECHA00A Unit from someone In my area a long while ago and it came with a Dual Shock 3 controller with some stickers on it. I bought this unit way before Sony released the Dual Shock for the PS3.

I believe there were still having problems with the company that makes the Dual Shock. Here are some pics of the controller with the stickers on it.

Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To be honest, it depends on when your Debug PS3 was shipped, and if who you got it from kept the controllers, or passed them on.

For example, my Prototype Debug PS3, came with a Prototype pad, it had no six-axis markings, nor any stickers - some DS3's like yours are more "final" prototypes, while others are just 100% final.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the info and response. I have always wondered what this controller was all about. I thought it was weird at the time because it was a Dual Shock and those weren't even availible for purchase yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, it is a nice little piece of technology that most don't get to see (even more than the DEV units)

If you have another controller, take the PROTO controller, and put it away in a drawer - give it a few years, and it will be worth a bit more to development collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah, it is a nice little piece of technology that most don't get to see (even more than the DEV units)

If you have another controller, take the PROTO controller, and put it away in a drawer - give it a few years, and it will be worth a bit more to development collectors!
    are there people who actually collect this things?!

Quote Originally Posted by r3pek View Post
    are there people who actually collect this things?!
    Yes, there are - its a very small group of people, myself included, that like to collect these things - seems everyone has a different "genre" usually, be it Microsoft, Sony, Sega, Nintendo (then different era's/consoles).

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News