Tried a lot of stuff with talk.dat to no avail. I got to extract and repack the eboot.bin but haven't been able to test if it works (it should since it repacks into the exact same file, since i did no modifications).
Well, it's only one of the 3 missing cores from our project: Font, Talk and Eboot. i'm gonna start working on mskill.dat for the days to come then.
Guys! I have FINALLY managed to get eboot working. (Before, I managed to sign it, but it gave me different errors on trying to launch)
Seems like I know, why fair0verflows' tools are called BETA - "unself" doesn't work properly! It corrupts the ELF header.
EbootMOD's unself, on the contrary, works well. I used some dirty hacking on EBootMOD to make it halt when it unselfs the file, copied the right header to the modified ELF and encrtypted perfectly.
Here are some screens, I haven't translated everything, and have some spacing issues, but that's managable. I know some translations are not right, but I was doing it blindly, it'll be corrected.
And about talk.dat, it seems it's harder than expected, but still I think it can be done, we'll figure something eventually.