Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You mean 0x8140 to 0x7320?

It can be done auto-replacement, but you should look at each replacement before doing this, you may replace some neccessary space.
    I'm going to do some work now, after that, I'll be working on a patcher.

EDIT:Yeah, auto-replacement should work, since most of cases are " 's " and " 't "
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 10-31-2011 at 12:25 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    738140 will be replaced by 277320 for all 's . I'll check it before pasting of course and then jump to the next marker and so on. Then for all the 'm 't 'll ! ? : , ( ) % in all files.

It's a little bit annoying to change everything back but it'll be a perfect translation then.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, so that's why there were 0x8140 after words with apostrophes... (I was quite puzzled by this.)

You should note that the option '-P' of d4tool is precisely meant to handle those cases by automatic substitution. Of course, I don't know whether it is enough to solve all problematic cases. The '-P' option is meant to be used with the 'patch' action, and it sets $punctuation_heuristic to true, which in turn is used in this function (called on all strings written in the dat file):

[Register or Login to view code]

Well, the "postfixed apostrophe" is actually a SJIS space character, but I didn't notice this when I was writing this function. ^^;
    You may want to add new automatic substitution rules, such as "s/HP SP/HP\/SP/", to put back the '/' which should be in the Sardine description, for instance (well, this can simply be done by hand, so it is a stupid example).

Here is an exhaustive list of item descriptions automatically corrected when using '-P' when patching:

I didn't find SJIS ':' or ',' annoying, so I just left them be. You guys can define $comma or $colon, and add "s/$comma/, /" or "s/$colon/: /" if you want to.

I have to check if the ? ! or ( ) and % are displayed correctly with our new script. If they are alright I only have to replace the apostrophes (with the script or via auto pasting). I'll put the / by hand. If everything works we'll have nice looking items, magic, skills, descriptions etc.

It's not a lot to edit by auto-replace, so if you won't manage to do it by script, there's not alot of work to do manuall (or, let it call, pseudo-manually).

Also, I thought about SOUNDS and decided that that piece of my work should R.I.P, since the later solution (talk.dat patching) is far more better.

Need any words on EBOOT translation progress, maybe we'll release something like "pre-beta" as soon as we will correct those "problematic" files

Tobster, you can just do the correction work, all those "glyphication" can be done by me, if you're busy. If not, be sure to use full command with "-k PRESERVED_GLYPHS -x EXTRA_STRINGS" and use file from this attachment: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post393895

EDIT: Oh, and just a working check (if Tobster wants to glyphicate files):

Last edited by Tidusnake666; 10-31-2011 at 07:20 PM

My md5 values are different. If you send me your font.pair + font.lzs I'll "glyph" them.

PM'd with links!

Thank you. I'll send you the raw and glyphed versions of our files when I'm done.

Thanks a lot! I can focus on patcher then.

I have redone all of our translated files ('t 's 'll 've and / ) and made a test with a "glyphed" mitem.dat for the items. It looks fantastic: No double spaces and all characters are shown correctly (even " ). Big Thanks to our team hackers for making this possible.

I'm glyphing the rest of our files now.

Sponsored Links
Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News