Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Great job so far tidus and don't sweat it too much, as long as we get a general idea of the plot we are fine. I am at least.

Here's a small hotfix for the item world crash (if you put the pointer over a pile of books the game crashes). In a day or two I will upload a complete package with a lot of small bug fixes. But I need a little more time to test and check it.

Tidus: I tested your new sound package and it's really awesome! Maybe it's not sync but you'll understand the story very well. The Story is driven mainly by the conversations of the characters and less by on screen action. So it's not that important if the wrong jap text is displayed at the wrong time. I'm just listening to the plot and it's working for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks, been woking so hard on it, there's no filenames inside, nothing, just pure hex with occasional WAVE-headers.

It was really painful to dig up US sound file, as it's the mixture of japanese and US voices and bring it all to whole.. But in the end, it was a success! Hope you enjoy it!

Hey Tidussnake666 I asked around about translating, here's what I was told

"Shift JIS if for japanese character map, if you want translate it you just convert them into UTF-8 or unicode, ansi is not compatible with shift-JIS , why? because shift JIS is japanese character and ansi is just for roman character only is not include a asian character map... so ANSI =/= Shift JIS......"

I've thought about some nasty hacks to more-or-less synchronise the sound, I'll mess with it when have free time and it will be included in beta release.

It's awesome that we decided to release alpha version back then, now our beta will be really better.

And yeah, about that S-JIS encoding stuff. We can convert ANSi to SJiS and use SJIS 80xx format, but then we'll have some real problems with the space, as it'll use more bytes then ANSI. It could be a solution in theory, but in practise it looks really ugly.
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 10-01-2011 at 06:46 PM

Thank you so much Tidusnake666!

With the sound better synced, this fix is supreme.

OKay, I've messed with sound hexes, and have a success!

Those missing 113 sound files were replaced by "silence" (it's not really silence, it's just game seeks file at 0xFFFFFFFF offset with 0x00112233 filesize, and found nothing produces silence) and distributed them equally among other real files (after every 75-th file there is a "silence").

As a result, sound is still out of synch, but this way it's a way better then before as the lags are much smaller now, and is only 0.5 scene at the end of the game (before it was 1-2 or even more scenes). I'm still testing it and it'll be included in beta-release.

Also, I noticed the same translation fixes as in Disgaea 4 could be applied to Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2, (US version 3.66, JAP version 3.30), check out here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ip-121067.html
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 10-02-2011 at 07:11 AM

Tidus: The bug-fixing is almost complete. I'll send you the files for our beta (instead of releasing them here) when I'm done.

Maybe we don't need to translate the talk.dat anymore if the sound sync has been improved. I think it's better to leave the jap. text as it is because it's much more confusing to hear and read async english dialogues.

I'd just like to say that I love that you guys are doing this and greatly look forward to the finished result. Shame there's not just a new CFW to play 3.6+ games at this point

Eboot.elf - 50% dumped/translated

This file is HUGE... It's taking much longer than what i initially expected, but little by little, we'll get there.

Hopefully we'll have a way to play 3.6+ games before then.

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast