Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to contribute on my own and I got the NISUnpack. However, I cant seem to unpack anything with this. I tried to click on it, nothing happens, and when I try to use command prompt, I get an error saying unable to access jarfile NISUnpack.jar. I'm new to all this and if there is a thread stating the basics, I'd appreciate. Also, for using the command line """" java -jar NISUnpack.jar -LE [FILE] """"", which file do I put there? And do I need the file location description in it? (i.e. C:\Users\Microsoft\Desktop)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster7 View Post
    Tidusnake666 how do you paste the data in the hex editor?
    I didn't just raw copy-paste it.

I looked on it, figured which words were names, pointers and manually replaced. The problem wit "blind-pasting" is character spacing. US files has approx. the same amount of text, but there's a lot more "00 00 00" between chars or lines.

It's a proof, that it can be done.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    YES, WHEEEE!

Hey, I could paste the whole USA name.bin without errors in START.bin but not all names are changed. Maybe those names are in a different bin.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2011-09-09 22.35.14.jpg   2011-09-09 22.33.06.jpg  

haha, great work! Seems like the main storyline heroes' names are in the different dat.

Menawhile, I made an illustration for START.DAT format. Checkout it in the attachments.

Seems like a last 4 bytes (CRC?) are useless (because we made a straight copy-paste in some files and it works)
    Maybe now we can finally create a .DAT packer (filling CRC's like a random numbers). Bakaboy can you help us?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

info.jpg  
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 09-09-2011 at 05:45 PM

EDIT: Okay guys, I'm gonna have a shot of whisky for celebration of the sucess of this project and a have a sleep
    Thanks everyone for support and help.

If you edited something and it worked, please give us info:

1) start end ending offsets in Start.DAT
    2) filename of file which you have blindly pasted (in case of blind paste) or a piece of code which you have edited (in hex format) in case of manual edit.

Together we can achieve the goal!

Hi Tidusnake666,

Attached is a simple program that will dump all files inside a folder into a "DAT" file. Two things:

1. It will not generate the "CRC" bytes.
    2. It will not add them to the DAT in the same sequence as the original DAT file from Disgaea.

What needs to be tested is to pack the original Japanese BG.DAT or START.DAT extracted files using the packer and then try if the created DAT file will still work with Disgaea. I can't test it at the moment as I'm at "work".

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    haha, great work! Seems like the main storyline heroes' names are in the different dat.

Menawhile, I made an illustration for START.DAT format. Checkout it in the attachments.

Seems like a last 4 bytes (CRC?) are useless (because we made a straight copy-paste in some files and it works)
    Maybe now we can finally create a .DAT packer (filling CRC's like a random numbers). Bakaboy can you help us?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I will test your data Bakaboy!

It works! Yoo hoo!

Bakaboy Your Data worked OMG!

I will try changing files!!!
    Last edited by Tobster7; 09-09-2011 at 06:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    It works! Yoo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobster7 View Post
    Bakaboy Your Data worked OMG!
    I will try changing files!!!
    Great! Start cracking guys, I'll try to help later when I get home

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News