Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thanks for it and +Rep for you Tidusnake666. I just need a test-file to see if it's operated right. You are successfully unpacked and decrypt an *.DAT and have now an readable text in front of you ? Or just crypted signs which doesn't make sense ?

It depends on file.

Only LZS files need decryption, everything else doesn't. Decrypted LZS are often - TXF is like textures, OBF is like sprites (?).
    Since we only need to repack .dat files, it seems to me, we shouldn't use Decryption, only unpacking.

I attach some unpacked files (unpacked .dat), you can see some readable text along the junk signs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not sure if it's helpful information, but one thing that's different between the US and JPN version of the game is the Map Editor; in the Japanese release you can freely create whatever maps you want, but in the American version, you have to use pre-set shapes and figures to construct your maps.

With the Decrypter you can decrypt all .lzs files to .txf files which you can't read normally like a txt. But in the unpacked Start.dat was one "check_lzs.txt" file which contains a readable list of many files from the Start.dat. The Problem is that we can't repack the files to .dat files.

Aren't txf like textures files?

Yeah, in US version there is "Check_lzs.txt", in JAP there is no such file (like many others).

Yes, we cannot, but I think it's possible to do "dirty swap" - open START.DAT in HEX editor (since it's not encrypted, just packed) and replace some of the japanese files (in raw mode) with US ones. Urggh, it's too difficult to explain

I know what you mean. But if we want to use a HEX Editor we have to find the right offset numbers for the data inside the Start.bin.

Asian version (BCAS20185) is 3.66

And it has even more - 476 files and 0% english.. no hope with Asian version
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 09-09-2011 at 01:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Each file entry in the .DAT file consists of 20h - filename, 04h - start offset of file, 04h - filesize, 04h - checksum???, 44 bytes in total. My problem is I don't know how to regenerate the last 4 bytes (tried crc32, xor but no go), otherwise it would very easy to write a packer.

Maybe someone can point to the right direction?

I tried raw replacement in hex. Japanese dialoges are at 662F800 - 67ae0f2 (Japanese Start.DAT) - talk.dat, meaning 17E8F2 in size.
    US dialoges file is larger - 18EB66 in size.

I tried 2 variants:

1) simple paste US Dialoges (18EB66 bytes) with overwriting japanese dialoges and other GOD-KNOWS-WHAT data - hangs on the loading screen
    2) Trunk US Dialoges to 17E8F2 bytes size, so strictly replacing only jap. dialoges part - the same hang

By the "hangs" I mean Hang, not like endless loop, just hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
    Each file entry in the .DAT file consists of 20h - filename, 04h - start offset of file, 04h - filesize, 04h - checksum???, 44 bytes in total. My problem is I don't know how to regenerate the last 4 bytes (tried crc32, xor but no go), otherwise it would very easy to write a packer.

Maybe someone can point to the right direction?
    Tried ADLER32, no luck
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 09-09-2011 at 03:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I signed up for this forum just to say thank you for your guys effort to make this work! I'm a huge disgaea fan but cant splurge on a second ps3 and def don't want to update my firmware. You guys rock!

Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast