Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well if someon made a Start.dat with the last changes I might be able to help verify some text ingame.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Tidusnake666, you're a legend!

Keep up the good work .

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Guys! I have FINALLY managed to get eboot working.
    That looks sweet man

At the moment I'm trying to make any headway possible with talk.dat but I have the feeling it will need some serious automation to make progress on.

We'll some more files, then we'll make a beta-release, we'll see how the progress goes. There's preety comprehensive tutorial how to unpack original START.dat, replace the files and then pack it once again. If you can't do it, just wait.

If someone needs it, here's the screen of font in EBOOT.BIN with the offsets. Maybe someone working on fonts can dig this further up.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

eboot_alphabet.jpg  
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 09-16-2011 at 06:21 AM Reason: forgot to attach :)

Wow thanks, this is exactly what I needed; I'm trying to convert the jpn talk -> english using the jap tables instead of ascii- which doesn't seem to be properly supported for talk.dat (I realize there isn't enough space to do this but atm i'm just trying to figure stuff out!)

There's also the same one table in the font.fmm, you may check both of them.

Thanks for the info.

At a guess: Font.fmm seems to be the ascii table, possibly used by the routine that draws character names. The eboot font seems strictly double-byte japanese (I assume when the game writes chat text to the screen, it can draw from the ascii table, but does so twice because it is expecting the eboot font.)

I'd like to say that maybe we could force the game to use the font.fmm drawing routine but it's far beyond my expertise.

Here's the Torture.dat. But I don't know how to test this file. I have done it by hand so it shouldn't cause crashes.

Tidus: Nice work. The game will so much be improved by translated menus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Seems really good so far. Thanks once again to all the hard workers taking time out so we can enjoy this game. i look forward to the release

i just signed up to say GREAT WORK GUYS looking forward for your release

Sponsored Links
Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News