Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbeans View Post
    ps2asker, that would be useful. How confident are you that your "extracted" keys.bin is the same one? (And can we get access to these files?)
    I dont know how it works, but the pkg im talking about I get when I download the license file for the s1 one. The license itself is in the keys.bin file, but I don't know if the keys.bin file has some unique part generated depending on your psp. Anyways, I'll post some later.

Edit: Apparently its not the keys file, sorry for that. Looks like it unpacks two other license files though, really small as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Im not sure if this is related but I have been spending alot of time comparing the firmwares for the PS3. Particularly 1.50 and 1.51 since they are almost identical. All seem to point to pkg files within the update. Maybe the pup is simply a compressed pkg file or something of the sort. I also see mention of "root" and "xml" possibly pointing the pkg to a root directory on the ps3 hd.

Again im not a technical wizard when it comes to the PS3. Im just taking guesses here so if im totaly wrong or if this has already been talked about then please excuse my post.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWizard View Post
    Im not sure if this is related but I have been spending alot of time comparing the firmwares for the PS3. Particularly 1.50 and 1.51 since they are almost identical. All seem to point to pkg files within the update. Maybe the pup is simply a compressed pkg file or something of the sort. I also see mention of "root" and "xml" possibly pointing the pkg to a root directory on the ps3 hd.

Again im not a technical wizard when it comes to the PS3. Im just taking guesses here so if im totaly wrong or if this has already been talked about then please excuse my post.
    Are talking about the .pup file? That thing has long past been unpackable.
    http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...o=file&id=3533

im actually comparing how the firmware structures are to the .pkg structures of the encrypted games or demos. Both should have a directory tree as you can see in the firmware updates. I believe that the games are decrypted by the firmware and then installed. im just trying to figure this out as much as the next guy.

Just to mention it, the PKG files inside the PUPs are a different format (on the surface atleast) than the PKG files we've been downloading.

Another thing to add to the list of things to try is to pad a pkg file with zeros, and see what (if any) impact that will have. There used to be crappy proxies that mangled files by rounding them up with zeros. I don't know if any large scale proxy is still doing this. If so, the store/unpacker in theory will handle this.

Downloadable Games (PSP/PS1) (Licenses)

[Register or Login to view links]

Some small .pkg's, I dont know what structure they have though

Quote Originally Posted by ps2asker View Post
    Downloadable Games (PSP/PS1) (Licenses)

Some small .pkg's, I dont know what structure they have though
    Thnx A nice collection of files to compare.

Thanks. A quick look shows lots of zeros. I'd imagine the last batch of values is an SHA1 hash of the original file, or a tar of the collection of files.

Let's see:

0x-5Fx: Almost equal in all files (Name of FILE)
    5Fx-BEx: Completelly diferent (Signature?)
    BFx-13Fx: Completelly the same in all files
    13Fx-EOF: Different

Im still searching!

Edit: I can see some differences here:

- It's confirmed 1Dx-1Fx is the size of the file
    - 0Fx CHANGE: In Fl0w is 01, in license files is 05
    - 16x and 17x CHANGE: In Fl0w is 0250, in license files is 0001
    - 2Cx 2Fx and F0x F3x: SAME VALUE IN ALL LICENSE FILES 0170, but i can't find a known....

My take on the files so far:
    0x00 - 0x03: PKG Magic
    0x04 - 0x17: ?? (likely includes attributes/flags, pkg format version, file count?)
    0x18 - 0x1f: PKG file size
    0x20 - 0x27: offset or length unsure of starting point
    0x28 - 0x2f: offset or length.. this is consistantly 0x80 shorter than the second block of data @ 0x100
    0x30 - 0x5f: zero padded package identifier
    0x60 - 0xbf: 0x60 byte signature/certificate??
    0xc0 - 0xeb: ?? (likely details about the compression and encryption methods used)
    0xec - 0xf3: same as @ 0x28
    0xf4 - 0xff: zero pad to 128 multiple?
    0x100 - (0x100 + @0x28 + 0x80): payload and signature / certificate?
    (EOF - 0x20) - (EOF - 0x0d): original file SHA1?
    (EOF - 0x0c) - EOF: zero pad
    There appears to be a zero pad between the end of the payload and what i believe to be the sha1 up to atleast 100k. I couldn't find the pad length stored in the file, nor have I seen any packages above 100k padded. Keep in mind the question marks above

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News