Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

DemonHades on Discovering the PS3 Firmware 3.6+ Keys

Today Spanish PlayStation 3 developer S0uL of DemonHades has shared details on discovering the PS3 Firmware 3.6+ Keys, which comes a few days after Sony PS3 hacker Mathieulh leaked the 3.6 X-Platform-Passphrase http://twitter.com/#!/Mathieulh/status/112579654803664896 that the PSN passphrase changed in version 3.70.

To quote, roughly translated: Hello demons,

Well, this is a tutorial for discovering the keys of 3.6 + made ​​by S0uL and DemonHades (thanks for the info and review Demon) for all guys who think it is easy to discover the keys.

Requirements:
    • A brain;
    • Electronic Hardware expensive:
    • KNOWLEDGE plate design; <This long as it is to get through sockets>
    • KNOWLEDGE SMD and BGA; <for desoldering or soldering smd components bga>
    • Oscilloscopes High Frequency; <for to logging of the frecuencias>
    • KNOWLEDGE ASM CFP <for to modify part of the lv and implement new funciones>
    • KNOWLEDGE in the Architecture of the PS3; <for know what a lv>
    • Patience.

Let's go see the whole process:

To have the keys, we need to have the decryption LV0. The desempaquetea LV0 is in RAM, and is decrypted with the key bld. There, the keys are already in the SPU, which is like a safe, impossible to enter (are isolated from the outside).

When the loaders and lv are already loaded in the SPU, the lv1 clean all traces of the lv and loaders decompressed in memory. But who gives the order to clean? The lv1, so it is playable in an exploitable version!

To solve the problem, you need to make a lv1 modified to copy the area of ​​interest, the memory of LV0 and put it somewhere else, to then remove it, thereupon continue its routine cleaning and mapping. Thus, we have the memory LV0 safe. And so the LV0 gets exposed to everything.

From there, we have the appldr, which needs to be decrypted with the LV0, and with that we have "keystore".

Well, it's so simple to discover the keys? I do not think so

1Saludo all
    S0ul

DemonHades on Discovering the PS3 Firmware 3.6+ Keys

More PlayStation 3 News...

ok so wait math the mighty "ZOMG NO WAREZ" guy leaked something what a Hippocrit (at least he contributed for once i suppose) any wayz so we have a method... hows bout some keys now ... also bear in mind this is DH we are talking about...
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 09-12-2011 at 05:55 PM

well math leaked something that doesn't matter anymore. We could have played on psn with 3.55 cfw when 3.60 was the current fw. With that paraphrase but he didn't leak until it was useless to use.

Now this is news.. Props to DH and his crew. Keep up the great work guys..

Quote Originally Posted by clouduzz View Post
    well math leaked something that doesn't matter anymore. We could have played on psn with 3.55 cfw when 3.60 was the current fw. With that paraphrase but he didn't leak until it was useless to use.
    leave it to math to leak info that isn't of much use just to say "i knew that" or cause more crap.

Just I want to see if someone will find these keys, I have my doubts.

Great news!

DH and crew are clever guys

it's true i talk to the guy on another website i also mod.

I am sure something will come along. It just takes time. And well we have a lot of that. Thanks for the info.

I was ready to become happy... Oh, well...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast