Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Debug Update 2.52 HOW?

Sponsored Links
    I have recently aquired a Debug/Test PS3 but i am having problems updating it. I happened upon this site and so far the advicer is superb, i have read through a lot of the information on Debug units. All the threads have helped a lot but i still do not know how to update the Debud unit so i can plag games.

I have downloaded the 2.52 debug Firmware from the download section of this site and placed it on a memory stick saved like this PS3 - UPDATE - firmware, but the PS3 wont recognise any data. If i change the name of the firmware to PS3UPDAT.PUP (Like the retail firmware) then it says the data is corrupted.

Also does it make a difference if the firmware i am downloading is the US vesion andim in the UK??

Thanks, Matt - rickdangerous-uk

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi dude,

The easy way to update a debug unit is the same as retail one.
    Start by download again the 2.52 UPDATE (maybe corrupted the last time) and put the file extracted (and rename correctly if necessary :"PS3UPDAT.PUP") on a UPDATE folder, which is on PS3 folder on the root of your USB stick. (x:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP). Let me know If you still having problem with that

And there is no difference between US UK or JAP firmware, that's just the server location of the file
    Last edited by DrEmmettBrown; 02-25-2009 at 09:59 AM

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News