Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up .dat file found in (exported) GT Concept Replay Video

While its a hot topic atm, cause of the actuall decryption of .dat files, I wanted you devs and interested out there to know that the GT Concept Replay Movies stored on the harddisk (when you export them) are in the following filestructere:

Replay.Dat
    PARAM.PFD
    PARAM.SFO
    2 x PNG Pics (GT Logo)

Maybe interesting for further process when it is possible to inject codes into the decrypted files and a loading through the backup/restore method will fail. (What I dont hope )

Unfortunally I dont have a copy of Gt Conecpt at home, so I hope someone out there can post the above listed files for testing, if needed.

At the end let us all hope that the work of Giulio19992 and his team will end up in the first "Hello World" for our sweet ps3 machines.

Can I reply to you?

The .dat file that you found, well i don't know if it is a backup data, but i'm sure that can't help: I'll show you better. Everyone knows, or maybe almost, that the .dat files are files without a specifical program to be opened. They can be opened by many application, maybe as GT can do. I don't have GT but i think that, this is the answer.

yes, you are the dev and you know what you are talking about, but me as an amateur in this section just thought when you think its possible to load injected code through the backup/restore method why not through the game itself.

of course first at all one of the devs had to check if the content in this .dat file is replaceable by an code or if its just the video itself that is executable by the ps3.

It was just some type of brainstorming to support the actuall events on your project, so if you are 100% sure that this is nothing more then a lame duck, forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bockwurstchen View Post
    yes, you are the dev and you know what you are talking about, but me as an amateur in this section just thought when you think its possible to load injected code through the backup/restore method why not through the game itself.

of course first at all one of the devs had to check if the content in this .dat file is replaceable by an code or if its just the video itself that is executable by the ps3.

It was just some type of brainstorming to support the actuall events on your project, so if you are 100% sure that this is nothing more then a lame duck, forget about it
    No problem ^^, We'll try but i need that GT.

I think some committed users will post the files for testing very soon!!!

And the game itself...well...while this whole project is very international some of the italian users here may help you out with this one, maybe someone feels affected now?!

We should support your project as much as possible cause I think your actuall work can end up in something we expect for sooo long time.

Interesting approach. I will look into some other games that allow exports. In a way it is kind of how Wii had the Zelda vurnerability, or xBox the Splinter Cell vurnerability.

Seems logical, it's only a matter of time untill a game developer screws up. I'll look into this.

Every single PS3 gamesave has the same folder structure: ICON0.PNG, PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO and finally the savedata file (ie. Replay.Dat for this game) This last one could have different filenames, depending on the game. SOCOM Confrontation has SOCOMCNF.DAT, Burnout Paradise, Lumines Supernova and PAIN use SYS-DATA without extension, Siren uses SIREN.DAT, etc.

Given my previous statement, I found something unusual. Blast Factor uses 4 XML files for data saving: FP.XML (1.8kb) , FP_AR.XML (16 bytes), FP_HY.XML (16 bytes) and GP.XML (112 bytes).

Dunno what could be done to the respect. Cheers

I don't think there's much one can do with XML files, it really depends on what they're used for. With the dat from save games, I think it can be just a way to save the information and don't really know if it can be tampered...

.dat file are always encrypted

GT Concept.. is that game for ps2 or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast