For those unaware, Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones. It's been confirmed as working on Sony's latest PS3 Firmware 2.76 for those curious.
To quote: Open Remote Play v1.1; things you should know:
1. ORP v1.1 introduces game launching, video scaling (1.5x & 2x size), full screen mode, and many bug fixes.
2. The Mac version, awesome, absolutely awesome. Little bit of key lag... Not much.
3. Windows, well some of you may have issues, some may not... In our case we've tested XP, it seems to work fine with some minor issues. Vista, not so much - seems to bail on something... Maybe someone can test and report their experiences below or in the forums. Windows 7 (64bit) users - it works. You may need to resize the Window (drag the bottom right corner) to see the "Save", "Delete", and "Cancel" options when editing your ORP profile.
- Add joystick support with a default SIXAXIS/DS3 button map.
- Add proper audio+video synchronization (added a quick hack for now).
- Add ability to set/manage buffering and bit-rate profiles.
- Add error messages to the player instead of just bailing silently.
- Implement power-on support.
- Clean-up and document API.
Note: ORP v1.1 requires TCP and UDP port 9293 forwarding to your PS3 in order to be accessible from a public network.
Great job!, got it up and running right now, and can confirm that it is working on Windows 7 RC x64, just got to figure out what the key mapping is now. Can't seem to get into full screen mode with windows though...
The player currently implements these keyboard mappings:
ARROW KEYS D-Pad
HOME PS Button
CTRL-D Toggle through window sizes (normal, medium, and large)
CTRL-F Enter/exit full-screen mode
CTRL-Q Quit Remote Play
Not implemented, yet:
START, SELECT, and the analog nub.
After installing the application on your PC, you need to import existing RP
settings from a registered PSP. The steps are as follows:
1 - If you have not done so already, register your PSP with your PS3 for
2 - Copy the ORP_Export folder to your PSP under /PSP/GAME
3 - Run Open Remote Play Export on your PSP. This will create a file on the
memory stick called export.orp. Copy this file to your PC.
4 - Run the ORP GUI and click on Import, locate and import export.orp. You
will have to manually change the IP address of your PS3, by default it
will be set to 0.0.0.0. I keep two profiles, one for local LAN and
another for when I'm connecting from the Internet. You can create
multiple profiles by simply changing the Name field and clicking Save.
5 - Click Import again, this time locate and import keys.orp. You only have
to do this once for a new installation, or if there is a key update.
6 - Select a profile, cross your fingers, and click Launch!
mines not working for xp.. i did all that needed to be done.. i try to load the program and just closes after a few sec .. um another thing, where do we add that dll/ file and which orp do we use the orpi or just regular orp.. only the orpi works for me.. i couldn't get just regular orp to load.. any help would be cool thanks.
it took me a few times to figure how to get it working as it kept closing after a few seconds. but i found out what to do. go to your network connections on your ps3 and go on settings and connection status list and whatever ip address it says your ps3 is on type that into the ip bit in ORP it worked for me first time