Last week Dashhacker
released Open Remote Play v1.0 BETA (for Mac OS X)
, and today comes the follow-up version 1.1 as planned for Windows and Mac- complete with http://open-rp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/.
For those unaware, Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones. It's been confirmed
as working on Sony's latest PS3 Firmware 2.76
for those curious.
Download: Open Remote Play v1.1 BETA (Windows)
/ Open Remote Play v1.1 BETA (Mac OS X)
/ Open Remote Play v1.1 BETA SRC
To quote: Open Remote Play v1.1; things you should know:
1. ORP v1.1 introduces game launching, video scaling (1.5x & 2x size), full screen mode, and many bug fixes.
2. The Mac version, awesome, absolutely awesome. Little bit of key lag... Not much.
3. Windows, well some of you may have issues, some may not... In our case we've tested XP, it seems to work fine with some minor issues. Vista, not so much - seems to bail on something... Maybe someone can test and report their experiences below or in the forums. Windows 7 (64bit) users - it works. You may need to resize the Window (drag the bottom right corner) to see the "Save", "Delete", and "Cancel" options when editing your ORP profile.
- Add joystick support with a default SIXAXIS/DS3 button map.
- Add proper audio+video synchronization (added a quick hack for now).
- Add ability to set/manage buffering and bit-rate profiles.
- Add error messages to the player instead of just bailing silently.
- Implement power-on support.
- Clean-up and document API.
Note: ORP v1.1 requires TCP and UDP port 9293 forwarding to your PS3 in order to be accessible from a public network. More PlayStation 3 News...