Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Just tried with Vista Home Premium (w/ SP2) - it connects fine, but there is no video coming through.. the window opens up, and any key press such as arrow keys is navigating through XMB (i can hear it) - but its just showing the splash screen on it.. Am going to try it on my work laptop (Running XP Pro SP3).. Hope this can be fixed for Vista!

attempted to run on Windows XP Pro (w/SP3) - had exact same effect as with Vista.. connects, no video output, just shows the ORP logo. I can hear the movements on the XMB through home theatre.. please help me someone!

Nevermind! My bad - didnt Import the Keys file - once i did that it works perfectly.. although audio lags quite a big.. Great app!
    Last edited by gtxboyracer; 05-16-2009 at 09:23 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Here is a video tutorial that may help some having trouble with Open Remote Play:

Also, for those who run into ORP compiling errors, apparently the Gentoo Makefile in the original source code is tailored for Dashhacker's system. He has added a generic Linux.mak configuration to the SVN (revised source code below or HERE) so just edit the Makefile so that Linux.mak is enabled and then run: make clean orp

[Register or Login to view code]

For random crashes/disconnects at the game's menu (unable to reconnect) try changing the Remote Play sound output to PS3.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Is any body experiencing stability issues on Windows XP SP3?

it connects fine - looks great, starting watchhing a music video, and after about 20 seconds crashes..

attempted to play music - and works flawlessly - no crashing at all..

So must have something to do with the Video Stream? (Codecs etc)

Nah no luck.. even just listening to music through it, after about 2 - 3 minutes it crashes..
    Last edited by gtxboyracer; 05-17-2009 at 10:31 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

if this is only for mac.. how are u doing it on windows?
    Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    if this is only for mac how are u doing it on windows
    just looked at first post im asleep sorry

it would help if it had a readme that said how to save when you have put ip addy in were is save button on the program i dont see it
    Last edited by jd200; 05-19-2009 at 08:05 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    it would help if it had a readme that said how to save when you have put ip addy in were is save button on the program i dont see it
    Apparently they never included it in the original release. To quote greg of PS3-Hacks:
    Update: My bad... Forgot the README.txt in the Win32 archive. It’s included now, and for those who have already downloaded it, see here. ([Register or Login to view links])
    Also, from checking the SVN it appears Dashhacker has added lethalwp's CTRL-combo patch, digital-only support for SIXAXIS/DS3 controller, a WAV to play on launch for fun, and mouse motion events are now sent only while holding the ALT key down from within full-screen mode.

Other recent changes:
    • Increased the 'dead-zone' of the analog stick input resulting less jumpy values, but still not perfect.
    • Vastly improved full-screen mode. Scales video to desktop resolution, much faster and now works as expected under Windows.
    • Added proper padding for audio/video packets. This fixes the random read access violation crashes under Windows.
    • Switched to AVPacket structures in preparation for implementing proper
      audio/video synchronization (PTS/DTS).

Below is the latest source dump, and an ORP v1.2 binary should be available Friday for those who can't compile their own.
    Attached Files Attached Files

uses?

what all can i do with this?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dealmein857 View Post
    what all can i do with this?
    Did you read before posting? -Rep. To quote:
    Wouldn't it be cool if you could run Remote Play from your laptop, desktop, or perhaps your phone?

Open Remote Play is a cross-platform API and player which enables PlayStation 3 owners remote access from their laptop or phones.
    That is it in a nutshell... and you need a modded PSP (required) to use it also. Here are the next update's features to date:

Open Remote Play v1.2
    • Mouse motion events are now sent only while holding the ALT key down from within full-screen mode.
    • Vastly improved full-screen mode. Scales video to desktop resolution, much faster and now works as expected under Windows.
    • Added proper padding for audio/video packets. This fixes the random read access violation crashes under Windows.
    • Switched to AVPacket structures in preparation for implementing proper audio/video synchronization (PTS/DTS).
    • Added PS3 'chime' sample which plays when a connection has been established.
    • Fixed missing windows icon.
    • Added support for left and right analog sticks.
    • Added support for all SIXAXIS/DS3 buttons.
    • Added mouse support.
    • Added SELECT (F3) and START (F4) keyboard mappings.
    • Fixed CTRL-key issues, thanks to lethalwp for the patch.

can i use this to...?

can i connect to my network and use game files on an external hdd?

Quote Originally Posted by dealmein857 View Post
    can i connect to my network and use game files on an external hdd?
    hmmm? I think its just a frontend kinda thing. You will only be able to do what u could do with the psp connected to the ps3.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News