Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Apatia View Post
    What's with the obsession in NTFS support?
    my guess is for people who must have it to play their games/pirated games on? Maybe its faster? I have no idea

what's wrong with using your PS3 drive, i mean buy a HUGE drive your ps3, and use it like you would with a external hard drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The obsession over NTFS is that people don't want to split their games so it fits in a FAT32 drive or directly upload the game to your ps3 hdd using ftp.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The problem with that is in incurs a full format IIRC, and people lose their psn bought content.
    Quote Originally Posted by quadcrunk View Post
    The obsession over NTFS is that people don't want to split their games so it fits in a FAT32 drive or directly upload the game to your ps3 hdd using ftp.
    You can do that with any of the formats that are mentioned by the guy you are replying to.

this looks more like a cfw selector than a creator. i don't see any way to add custom stuff to the fw with this app. it looks like you just choose between the vanilla peek/poke, or wutang, or kmew, or wanininiwhatever.

Quote Originally Posted by quadcrunk View Post
    perhaps "that people" also want to change diapers...

My obsession is be able to use my PS3 (Playstation personal computer - remember?) like a real decent media player, like installing Plex, Boxee, or XBMC. All the effort have been into playing games, which i always could since i bought console. Donīt get me wrong, i love to backup my games and make use of the internal 500Gb, but i would love to see all the PS3 potential in another ways.

wow nice one thanks, is it possible to make a program for direct play of MKV files... ?

Quote Originally Posted by jesreb View Post
    Any suggestions would surely be appreciated and help clear things up for me.
    Yes, thereīs a CFW for you which is the one I have installed sucessfully in my fat one.

But first you must check if your ps3 model is a 16mb mem so that it wonīt brick.. Mine is a CECHH, so no problem!!! Thereīs another thread here at ps3news that has a list of some brickable and non-brickable models, check it out ok??

I installed the Kmeaw CFW following this steps:

1 - Updated from 3.41 to Oficial 3.55 via USB in normal mode (not jailbreaking it);
    2 - After updating, went into Recovery Mode (search ps3news too, easy to find how to do it) and updated with the Kmeaw FW 3.55 via USB;
    3 - Installed Multiman 1.13.01 and installed multman 1.13.02 update via USB.
    4 - Done!!!

Thatīs it!! Simple and itīs working fine for me!!!

But remember: Check the model of your PS3, and when updating to Kmeaw FW do it in Recovery Mode!!! This is a must, ok??
    Last edited by malmeida; 01-23-2011 at 09:38 AM

I dont see a new file system being supported anytime soon, none of the patches or additions to the firmware have been anywhere near as complex as adding another file system from scratch.

It would be nice to see an xbmc port though lol maybe next year, but for now the built in streaming is enough for me, it handles all the most common formats only mkv is missing but I always convert mkvs to a more compatible format anyway, hardly any devices support them.

As for this program since it patches original firmware to the already known variants well I can just skip a step and download a safe patched version already

exactly those tools will crash the scene. everyone will have to check the md5 sums now before installing a cfw, because you can never know if you have a fake firmware or the original one from like hermes, kakaroto or who ever.

i dislike those tools, they don't help, they only flood the scene with 0skill cfw's without need of existing.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News