Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

CreatePS3EXTRA PS3 Homebrew App for PS3_EXTRA Creation

Sponsored Links
    This weekend PlayStation 3 developer aldostools has released CreatePS3EXTRA, which is a set of PS3 homebrew utility applications for creating the PS3_EXTRA structure for DLC PKGs, Patches, Fixes, MP4 & P3T files.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] by BahumatLord (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools / [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools / [Register or Login to view links] by aldostools / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote: It scans for the PKG, MP4 and P3T files copied to each game folder or its PS3_UPDATE folder, and store them under a PS3_EXTRA structure. When a game is mounted with multiMAN, there will be 2 BD icons on the XMB: one disc for the game itself and another with PKGs, MP4 and P3T. It should make it easier to install the game patches, DLC, fixes, and related videos.

From: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PARAM.SFO#CATEGORY / ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PS3_DISC.SFB

Blu-ray Game discs in folder PS3_EXTRA - Icons aspect is the same used in "PStore news" menu (big squares of 486x405 pixels) like this: blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/08/firmrwae300ps3.jpg

Note: The zip also includes a PS3RIP tool that should help you gain some space on your external HDD, removing unnecessary files. It actually moves the files to a RIPPED folder in the root of the disk and replace the file with a 0 byte file.

The included patterns should remove language files for many games except English and Spanish files. Always review the "RIPPED" folder before delete permanently any file.

The other tool included is renam.exe, if copied to the GAMES or GAMEZ folder, it will rename the sub-folders from BLUS0000-[Title] format to Title [BLUS0000]. This name format should make it easier to find the games.

These tools are Win32 and require the [Register or Login to view links]. XP users should have this already installed (if not, download & install the DLL).

Update 2: Today aldostools has updated the package of tools for CreatePS3EXTRA to now include a new PARAM.SFO editor with the following changes:
    • CreatePS3EXTRA now can find PKG files in PS3_CONTENT and PKGDIR folders, and move them to the PS3_EXTRA folder.
    • The PS3_CONTENT and PKGDIR folders are renamed to avoid conflicts with the PS3_EXTRA structure.
    • Due a typo in the code it was not moving the P3T files to PS3_EXTRA. Fixed.
    • The PARAM.SFO editor supports SFO and SFX files.
    • SFO and SFX are associated to the editor.
    • Supports drag and drop and file name as command line parameter.
    • Displays the ICON0.PNG/ICON2.PNG found in the SFO/SFX folder.
    • The PS3RIP includes the patterns for ripping Spanish files (thanks to BahumatLord)

I want to thank to HELLCAT for his PS3SFOEdit.exe. His tool helped me a lot to test/debug the PARAM.SFO Editor.

Update 3: It now includes 6 tools that I have developed for personal use.
    • mmTM_GUI 1.0 new! - It's a tool that pack and unpack multiMAN's theme files (THM).
    • PKG ContentID 1.0 new! - It's a tool for view quickly the ContentID of a PKG. (It does more than that, please read the readme for details)
    • PARAM.SFO editor 1.0 new! - It's a tool to edit PARAM.SFO files and the PARAM.SFX files created by "Create PS3_EXTRA" (see below).
    • Create PS3_EXTRA 1.1 updated! - This tool scans for the PKG, MP4 and P3T files copied to each game folder, its PS3_UPDATE folder, PKGDIR or PS3_CONTENT, and store them under a PS3_EXTRA structure.
    • PS3RIP 1.0 - It's a tool that should help you gain some space on your external HDD, removing unnecessary files.
    • Renam 1.0 - This tool, if copied to the GAMES or GAMEZ folder, will rename the games sub-folders
      from the default "BLUS0000-[Title]" format to "Title [BLUS0000]".

All these tools are Win32 and require the VB5 runtime DLL. XP users should have this already installed (if not, download & install the DLL)

Update 4: Aldostools has now updated the collection to include 7 tools developed for personal use.
    • PS3 NET Server GUI 1.0 updated! - It's an improved GUI for the PS3 NET Server (the PC side of multiMAN). (hosts hide in system tray, remember last used folders, supports up to 10 hosts, white list, etc.) Changes: Fixed a bug where port was always "38008", now supports drag & drop
    • mmTM_GUI 1.0 updated! - It's a tool that pack and unpack multiMAN's theme files (THM). (supports drag & drop of THM file, THM file as command line, browse for THM file)
    • PKG ContentID 1.0 new! - It's a tool for view quickly the ContentID of a PKG. (It does more than that, please read the readme for details)
    • PARAM.SFO editor 1.0 new! - It's a tool to edit PARAM.SFO files and the PARAM.SFX files created by "Create PS3_EXTRA" (see below). (supports drag & drop of PARAM.SFO, PARAM.SFO as command line, browse for SFO/SFX file)
    • Create PS3_EXTRA 1.1 updated! - This tool scans for the PKG, MP4 and P3T files copied to each game folder, its PS3_UPDATE folder, PKGDIR or PS3_CONTENT, and store them under a PS3_EXTRA structure.
    • PS3RIP 1.0 - It's a tool that should help you gain some space on your external HDD, removing unnecessary files.
    • Renam 1.0 - This tool, if copied to the GAMES or GAMEZ folder, will rename the games sub-folders from the default "BLUS0000-[Title]" format to "Title [BLUS0000]".
    • NetMon - This tool is the perfect complement to PS3 NET Server. It monitors the network transfers (upstream/downstream) on the PC.
    • XMBExtras - Shows the Facebook / Youtube icons in XMBM+ 0.10 (HDD)
    • TXTtoLinks - Takes a text file with URLs and descriptions and convert the URLs to XML items and add them to Links.xml (it keeps bak of the previous XML)

All these tools are Win32 and require the VB5 runtime DLL. XP users should have this already installed (if not, download & install the DLL).

Update 5: Aldostools has updated PS3NetSvr again (now PS3 NET Server GUI v1.2) with the following changes:
    • Updated mmTM_GUI 1.2 - FIXED a critical error in the mmTM_GUI that was creating corrupted THM files.
    • The tool was updated several times yesterday... make sure you have the latest build

• Updated mmTM_GUI 1.3 - New verification of THM files against a theme.lst file
    • Auto-complete for paths.

In related PS3 homebrew news today sandungas on IRC has shared a .zip with 3 "fake" Blu-ray discs [Register or Login to view links] and updated the page on the PS3 Dev Wiki (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/PARAM.SFO#CATEGORY) for those interested! To quote:

Blu-ray fake discs by sandungas (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/fake-1907/)

These are “fake” Blu-Ray structures with the minimall parameters inside SFO’s/SFX’s and the needed HYBRID_FLAG’s inside PS3_DISC.SFB

All the files are 100% hand made from scratch and tested, reduced to the minimall needed to work with the purpose of understand the structure and to document all valid CATEGORY values

All them can be mounted with any “backup manager” like a normal game, mixed with a real game to add content like patches, to make a video disc with all the chapters of a video serie, etc...

The other way to “play” with this is by experimenting different values and structures looking for “non standard” uses, using them in combination with other tweaks from cfw, etc... feel free to experiment
    • All the .replaceme files are dummyes (0kb) replace them with the correct file/name/format
    • All the names of the .txt files are explanatory of the contents of the SFO’s/SFX’s... can be removed, but its not necessary, the system will ignore them

Are very easy to manage because are cleaned out of non-usefull parameters and restrictions, all icons contains the name of the folder, and texts explains the values of the SFO's and SFX's for a fast overall view of the structure, i think its minimized enough to be a standard.

The first purpose to build this was to document all the possible values of CATEGORY, but i found is funny to play with them, and after the release of "CreatePS3EXTRA Tool by aldostools" i see other people likes to mod games contents... so here you have the manual way for "old school" game mods fans.

Additionally to PS3_EXTRA, there are other 2 more structures (PS3_CONTENT & PKGDIR) with different icons/behavior/structure to play with.

I had to make lot of experiments while documenting the SFO format in PS3DevWiki and one of the funniest ones from the begining was additionall content in blue ray discs, the structures included in the .zip are exactly the same ones explained there ---> PARAM.SFO - PS3 Development Wiki

Are very easy to manage because are cleaned out of non-useful parameters and restrictions, all icons contains the name of the folder, and texts explains the values of the SFO's and SFX's for a fast overall view of the structure, i think its minimized enought to be a standard

The first purpose to build this was to document all the possible values of CATEGORY, but i found is funny to play with them, and after the release of "CreatePS3EXTRA Tool by aldostools" i see other people likes to mod games contents... so here you have the manuall way for "old school" game mods fans

Additionally to PS3_EXTRA, there are other 2 more structures (PS3_CONTENT & PKGDIR) with different icons/behaviour/structure to play with. There is included a readme.txt with basic usage but feel free to make frankenstein experiments with it.
    Error Message! Finally, n00b341 has shared one way (pastebin.com/p6S4hk1B) that Sony is banning PS3 consoles on IRC for those interested, essentially a PlayStation 3 JailBreak Flag Ban as follows:
    Error Message! This is sent to Sony with CFW 3.41 / 3.55.You must patch communication with the Sony servers out.

Update 6: I just updated the PARAM.SFO Editor (included in the ps3tools.zip) It now can convert PARAM.SFX to SFO and viceversa.
    Error Message!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

aldo-538x503.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have to say, props to him. I'm actually looking forward to trying this out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So... Basically this enable DLC PKGs downloaded from the internet without the need to create 1,000,000 patches and complex tutorials? Am I correct?

Can I install Split Second DLCs? Explain better plz

HackSoul: No. Basically it enables a second BD icon with a menu listing the PKGs, MP4 or themes (P3T) that you put in the game's folder.

You still have to get the 1,000,000 patches and follow the complex tutorials...

you can install it but you cant use it without proper activation.

this thing only allows you to install pkg, view mp4 videos, themes and many more using the What's New dashboard category.

This is just a new menu for you to see a dlc in a different place

PS3 SFO Reader and SFO2SFX Homebrew Applications Released

Following up on his previous work, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer deroad has released a PS3 SFO Reader and SFO2SFX homebrew applications complete with source code.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Since today sandungas talked about a bug in the old SFO Reader, i immediately fixed it (you can find it here: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Dev_Tools#SFO_Reader).

Then he started talking about SFX. They are simple XML files that the ps3 can read as SFO. This is an example:
    Error Message! So i converted my SFO reader into a SFO to SFX converter. You can get it here: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/Dev_Tools#SFO2SFX

I hope that someone will find it useful. From:
    Error Message! to Error Message! Finally, how to call a PS3 Syscall: In computing, a system call (aka Syscall) is how a program requests a service from an operating system’s kernel. This may include hardware related services (e.g. accessing the hard disk), creating and executing new processes, and communicating with integral kernel services (like scheduling). System calls provide the interface between a process and the operating system.

With PSL1GHT we can call all the 989 Syscalls.. it’s really simple to call one, but you need to know how many parameters it needs; there are some syscalls that needs just 1 parameter, there are others that needs 8 parameters.

You can find the list of syscalls with the numbers of the parameters here: ps3devwiki.com/wiki/LV2_Functions_and_Syscalls#Syscalls

Once you know the numbers of the parameter that you need (and the type of the parameters if they are written), you are ready to call one:

first thing add the following include:

#include <ppu-lv2.h>

Then you can call the syscall:

lv2syscallN(number_of_the_syscall, parameters… );
    Change N with the number of the parameters, and put the number of the syscall that you need to call with the parameters.

some examples:

Shutdown the PS3:

1) Look into the dev wiki and you will see that the syscall to shutdown the PS3 is number 379 ( sys_sm_shutdown ) and it wants 4 parameters:
    2) So now i can call the syscall with 4 parameters:

lv2syscall4(379,SHUTDOWN_PARAM,0,0,0);
    now on the wiki it says, that the shutdown value is 0x1100 or 0x100, so i will write:
    lv2syscall4(379,0x100,0,0,0)

now if i call this on a stupid homebrew like:
    #include <ppu-lv2.h>
    int main(){
    lv2syscall4(379,0x100,0,0,0);
    return 0;
    }

it will really shutdown the ps3.

now if you are not sure to completely understood this, i will make another example:

Get current time:
    now this example comes from the PSL1GHT SDK:

this is the function that get the current time on the ps3.

#include <ppu-lv2.h>
    s32 sysGetCurrentTime(u64 *sec,u64 *nsec)
    {
    lv2syscall2(145,(u64)sec,(u64)nsec);
    return_to_user_prog(s32);
    }

now it uses 2 parameters so it calls lv2syscall2, then it needs the parameters that will get the value sec and nsec. now, in this function you can see that it ask the return of this syscall; to call any return of a determinate syscall, you can simply ask it by calling:

return_to_user_prog(type_of_the_variable);

you need to define the type of the returning variable. in that case it was s32 (aka signed int).
    so it calls:
    return_to_user_prog(s32);

if it was a normal integer, you had to call:
    return_to_user_prog(int);

to compile it correctly you need to simply add the following flags:

-llv2
    PS3 SFO Reader and SFO2SFX Homebrew Applications Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Very useful, thanks!

thanks

i'm gonna try this!

Sponsored Links