Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cover Manager

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh looks good for a quick and dirty one.

I know I didn't mean it in a bad way, just everyone is expecting a wiiflow like backup manager...

Good step into the right direction.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice. Thanks for taking it in this direction.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by YabbaDabba View Post
    Nice. Thanks for taking it in this direction.
    The one thing that wiiflow has going for it is the fact that it saves a settings for each game if you set them, Such as setting HEREMES Patch on for a game, and once you press X to launch the game HERMES PATCH is turned on. Once the OM Starts up again its auto off, unless its on a game that is on. That is the only thing I see that is needed. It's gonna be difficult for one person to manage several GUI's.

Very nice first steps. Can't wait to see what you do with it next.

Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the patch mode setting in Open Manager now irrelevant since the introduction of Hermes' V3?

Wanted to add:

My suggestion would be to make the covers be pulled from the game directories i.e. we drop in a cover to the root folder of a game and rename it to COVER.PNG

This might help with manageability so people aren't bothered with the hassle of looking up title id's and all that jazz.

It would also help in situations where there are multiple versions of a game but share the same game id (even though the game id on the box might be different) so therefore the cover doesn't match. I own a few of these kinds of games. Happens a lot with special editions and game of the year editions.

Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't the patch mode setting in Open Manager now irrelevant since the introduction of Hermes' V3?
    Not completely, nowhere near all devices can have the Hermes V3, for example, it hasn't been ported over to PSfreedom yet, so i can't have V3 on my phone, so I would need the patch to play F1.

Right. I didn't take that into consideration. My bad.

Right. I didn't take that into consideration. My bad.
    Eventually it will be, as soon as V3 is widely available for pretty much every JB method, then the patch mode will be obsolete.

What is this Cover Manager for?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News