0x08 - 0x0F of the activation .rif is in fact the UserID, as stated by Manic2K. By UserID i mean the OWNER of the game. I was able to hex edit those bytes & change the owner of the game but it will not run. Get kicked back to xmb with error msg displayed. Gonna do more testing, will report any findings in this thread.
Originally Posted by Maniac2k
It seems those files contains some user specific information. I've got two different users which purchased games on PSN.
On the same user Offset 0x08-0x0F are the same, but they differ to the other user.
As far i can see the file is structured like this:
0x00 - 0x07: Always 0000000100000002
0x08 - 0x0F: Some user specific information. Maybe an internal userid/code
0x10 - 0x3F: Package name followed by 0x00
0x40 - 0x5F: 32 Byte unknown
0x60 - 0x62: Always 000001
0x63 - 0x67: 5 Byte Unknown
0x68 - 0x6F: Always 0x00
0x70 - 0x98: 40 Byte Unknown
According to the sdk docs you need an 16 byte licensee key to decrypt the edata files using the function sceNpDrmOpen(). Maybe this 16 byte key is in the unknown data.
any incite as to what the unknown bytes are?
It would be cool if we could figure out how to change the owner and have the game still work because i have 8 different users, all with purchases from PSN. It would be nice to be able to change the owner so i can merge all activations to just one user.
Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 09-27-2010 at 02:11 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost
I just discovered after reading IndyColtsFan84's post, what it is there is a file called act.dat, that contain my activation which i backed up prior to upgrading my HDD. I was bedazzled by the fact that my purchase games wouldnt work after format. It said that I needed to go onto PSN to activate. Anyhow, what i did was upload that act.dat file to home/exdata/act.dat .
hope that helps if no one else has tried that. I got my previous paid games working again. Now to try all that other stuff you guys been talking.
It seems that both of these files are needed. I don't have an act.dat file. But the error messages differs with and without the .rif file. I think the console activation is stored in the act.dat, because the functions from the sdk tells me my Ps3 is not activated.