Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PSN Game Activation Files Found!

Sponsored Links
    I don't know if anyone else has posted this information anywhere on this forum but I have located the activation files for PSN games. They are located in /dev_hdd0/home/USERFOLDER/exdata

USERFOLDER could be different for you, my first user is 00000003, user 2 is 00000004 etc.

If you just have one user created on your ps3 then you should only have one folder inside the /home folder. I have 8 users so i have 8 folders.

I backed up my activation files, deleted the Frogger Returns activation .rif file then tried loading game & it asked me to go on PSN & renew license. Uploaded the .rif file back to my ps3 & then the game worked again.

Now that its known where the activation is stored, maybe someone with some skills can figure out how to get RETAIL psn games to load up.

I am willing to share my activation files with a reputable member of the PS3NEWS forums, as long as its used for further advancement & not for personal gain. I am 100% sure that no PSN Login info is contained in the activation files so i am not worried about my PSN Account being hacked. However, that doesn't mean that Sony can't detect shared activation files & possibly ban anyone using shared activation files.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 09-26-2010 at 05:17 AM Reason: subscribe

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This look pretty cool. I made a security backup of my hdd and then replaced it for a 500gb.

After backup it to the new hdd i saw that all my psn don't work and ask for connect to psn. I hope this comes to be something that enables them back.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great findings, IndyColtsFan84, + Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems those files contains some user specific information. I've got two different users which purchased games on PSN.
    On the same user Offset 0x08-0x0F are the same, but they differ to the other user.

As far i can see the file is structured like this:
    0x00 - 0x07: Always 0000000100000002
    0x08 - 0x0F: Some user specific information. Maybe an internal userid/code
    0x10 - 0x3F: Package name followed by 0x00
    0x40 - 0x5F: 32 Byte unknown
    0x60 - 0x62: Always 000001
    0x63 - 0x67: 5 Byte Unknown
    0x68 - 0x6F: Always 0x00
    0x70 - 0x98: 40 Byte Unknown

According to the sdk docs you need an 16 byte licensee key to decrypt the edata files using the function sceNpDrmOpen(). Maybe this 16 byte key is in the unknown data.

yeh i found the activation files in folders, you need to use a ps3 thats not activated to psn and jailbroken install retail link then use your activation file see if it still works or revese engineer it.

Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    yeh i found the activation files in folders, you need to use a ps3 thats not activated to psn and jailbroken install retail link then use your activation file see if it still works or revese engineer it.
    I have a PS3 that has never been on PSN and never will be. What would you need me to do..

Quote Originally Posted by jd200 View Post
    If we have 2 rif files from 2 different consoles with 2 of the same game. We should be able to compare and a least determine which hex bits are the console ID.

It may then be able to swap the other console ID in?

Guys, can anyone share link on working PixelJunk Monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by limnique View Post
    Guys, can anyone share link on working PixelJunk Monsters?
    http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php...s3-debug&d=133

IndyColtsFan84, thx but after i install it and run, game is not full, it have "unlock full game" line in game menu

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News