Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    MicroNut, are you mounting that QA EBOOT as a disc game? If so, then yes, that's very interesting that it doesn't kick you back to the XMB.

Any other developments on this?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No I was trying to use it as a psn game eboot in the xmb. And it was just exiting to the xmb. I tested some QA's that backscreened.

We are almost out of debugs eboots to run against retail dumped games. Does anyone know of a way to convert a QA or Retail eboot into a Debug eboot?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That seems to be the problem, we don't know how to decrypt EBOOTS yet (unless I'm mistaken). I really haven't heard anything about decrypting EBOOTS, and I'm beginning to wonder if any research is being done on this at all.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you try Savage Moon? or is it impossible to get these one to work?

Thanks

Savage Moon is demo only.. eboots are psn check locked, demo locked or neither.

It's the debugs that have no demo or check lock that are golden. So far only about 20 games full games have been found using various methods. There are a few more, and now that 3.41's have access to the PSN store there will surely be more.

Quote Originally Posted by MicroNut View Post
    Savage Moon is demo only.. eboots are psn check locked, demo locked or neither.

It's the debugs that have no demo or check lock that are golden. So far only about 20 games full games have been found using various methods. There are a few more, and now that 3.41's have access to the PSN store there will surely be more.
    I have the full game because I bought it, but when i change hdd is asking for activation on psn.

Do you want me to send you the full version eboot to seek out?

Whoa, ok this is weird. I tried mounting a plain old demo as a disc game to see if the reason it kicked me out was because of DRM or encryption differences between disc/downloadable games. In the past I had already installed the LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta, including the 1.01 patch.

I don't quite remember if I installed the retail patch or the QA one, but now all of a sudden the game isn't checking for a license and attempts to start! I have no idea why, and I don't recall replacing the EBOOT other than installing the patch.

Outside of jailbreak mode, it fails to start with the same error message as the homebrew apps. When running in JB mode however, I don't see the license screen, it attempts to start, and it kicks me back to the XMB. I have no idea why it's doing this now, I'm thinking the game data changed somehow.

I updated PS3JB for TI-84 to v0.07, and I've installed PL3 since I started noticing this. Has either one of those done something?? I checked flash2 and dev_hdd0\vsh\drm and no license files exist in either of those. MicroNut, what do you make of this?

I'm talking about the beta here BTW, not the demo I loaded as a disc game.
    Last edited by Crashdance22; 11-11-2010 at 11:30 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a retail dump of Savage Moon. It's the Debug eboot that is demo locked.

Here is my on theory. If the game has already has a demo in the PSN store there is a lower chance that the debug eboot will be demo free as well. This is probably because the game was developed with a demo mode built in as part of the development process.

So far all Retail dumps that have no demo in the PSN store and also have Debug eboots available are full games with debug patch fully applied or just the debug eboot.

I dont know about "disc based" PSN store eboots, even though there is no disc for the game little big planet. The folder names and functions confuse me... BLxx games store their updates in the GAME folder yet run from the GAMEZ folder using a backup manager.

I am wrong about any of this? Any ideas?

Dude the Lara Croft demo was never labelled incorrectly. It's the full game, but locked, and it needs activation to even run it as a demo. I wonder if installing the QA over it now it's activiated would unlock it?

Damn I wish we could pin down exactly what happens with the activation process >_<

Furthermore I have a theory with PS1 games. Buy one and then replace the EBOOT.PBP on it with any other PS1 game? Unless the ISO.BIN.EDAT file checks MD5 of the EBOOT.BIN?

ISO.BIN should only be the encrypted disc image (to prevent piracy). It probably doesn't contain anything other than the raw game data.

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News