Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys maybe i found what you all are seeking for.

It was only luck because i wanted to hunt for a other information and came across this:

[Register or Login to view code]

But to time i have no clue how to use it and in case of other projects i run i have no time to play arround with this.

I hope its of use for this PSN Demo project.

Happy Hacking cfwprpht

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Whoa, where did you find this? Can this be used in the .act/.rif file? And is it possible to use the same method with other games?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Has anyone tried the reactivation method using the back up of act.dat file? Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by foxy1990 View Post
    From here: http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn

+rep if i helped (top right, green button)

enjoy
    i tossed ya a bone for the help.

Lightbulb

Is anyone looking at cfwprophet's activation key? Could be very useful if we can figure out what it does. How did you find this cfw?

found both of these activation pkg's i have tested them and they don't work but they maybe useful to somebody else. if you check the sfo's of the games (only checked lara but bc should be the same) they have the names of these licence pkg's inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
    found both of these activation pkg's i have tested them and they don't work but they maybe useful to somebody else. if you check the sfo's of the games (only checked lara but bc should be the same) they have the names of these licence pkg's inside.
    All the unlocks do is replace the icon and update the sfo. They make no changes to the eboot. There is no known method to unlock demo eboots.

Bionic Commando is a Demo eboot and so are all PixelJunk eboots. ALL Updates and Addons replace the eboot when installed. (debug or retail) Not all debug eboots are unlocked from Demo mode. Many are uploading Demos as full games now for no reason.

I got Lara Croft to launch, albeit to a black screen. I installed the retail and then I updated using the QA. It uses a similar file structure to the Blu-Ray game TR Underworld, which doesn't launch when dumped. So could it be that I've overcome the activation requirement, but the game is just not launchable for the same reasons it's predecessor isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Firmware150 View Post
    I got Lara Croft to launch, albeit to a black screen. I installed the retail and then I updated using the QA. It uses a similar file structure to the Blu-Ray game TR Underworld, which doesn't launch when dumped. So could it be that I've overcome the activation requirement, but the game is just not launchable for the same reasons it's predecessor isn't?
    You will need a demo free debug eboot. Retail and QA's will never work. This will make full games out of Worms, Braid, Super Puzzle Fighter debug addons. You can mixed TitleID's like this to make Burn Zombie Burn a full game.

HowTo:

You need to extract the debug first.
    Create a folder with the TitleID name of the patch/addon you want to install.
    (If you dont know the TitleID is use a hex editor find it in the header of the pkg)
    Inside that folder create another folder called USRDIR.
    Inside that folder place any PS3 eboot.bin file.
    Copy all of that to your GAME folder
    Now you can Install / Extract -any- package.

For BZB download Demo BZB package.
    Install it.
    Copy it back to your PC.
    Delete the Demo installtion on the PS3
    Rename the backup folder of BZB on your PC to match the TitleId of the Debug patch.
    Re-Upload it to your PS3
    Install the Debug patch

For full retail games you have to reverse the processes and only use the debug eboot.
    Like Cubiod and Trine.

Repeat the steps for Worms and Braid.
    This will extract your Debug files and create a symbolic link in the XMB for you to launch the game.
    Go to the TitleID folder (Debug or Addon Patch) you just extracted on the PS3 and make a backup copy to your PC.
    Go to your backup copy of the Retail installation of the game your working with on your PC
    Copy all of those files into the TtitleID folder of the debug addon or patch you just extracted and made a backup of.
    Overwrite Everything.

Now you have a Fully installed Retail copy of the game on your PS3. (albeit a PSN locked backup copy)

Now all you have to do is copy the debug eboot from your PC overwritting the Retail Eboot on the PS3.
    Viola Cuboid and Trine work perfectly using this method.
    Not all games work using this method.
    Some games need more than the debug eboot from the debug / addon backup.

Many debug eboots are demo locked.
    This method will never unlock a game from Demo mode.
    Debugs are only guaranteed to be unlocked from PSN check.

HowTo Hack PS3 PSN games:

You will need a demo free debug eboot.
    Retail and QA's will never work.

This will make full games out of Worms, Braid, Super Puzzle Fighter debug addons.
    You can mixed TitleID's like this to make Burn Zombie Burn a full game.
    Last edited by MicroNut; 11-04-2010 at 05:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the info. I was actually the discoverer of the debug update method. I tried it with SFII HD Turbo Remix initially and was surprised it ran, then I shared my findings on the internets ^_^

What are QAs then?

Sponsored Links

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News