Here is the fastest possible way of converting a Kiosk/Demo PS3 to a fully functional retail PS3. Tested on the Kiosk/Demo PS3 I received recently.Sponsored Links
I was going to dump it's vsh & dev_flash2 but apparently something messed up and it failed. Good thing I have a second Kiosk PS3.
Previous methods required PS3 downgrading, installing Acid CFW and of course there is always the PS3 Demo Unlock Codes.
Before starting, download the vsh.rar along with a copy of Comgenie's Awesome FileManager, Waninkoko's Free Flash, and the Kiosk HEX payloads.
NOTE: The attached dump is ONLY for 3.41 consoles.
1. Flash a Kiosk payload to your jailbreak device.
2. Insert the JB device into your PS3, insert a disc into the PS3. Hard power off the PS3 (unplug or back switch), then hard power it on (plug or back switch). When it restarts automatically hard power it off again as soon as you see the blue light flash. Hard power it on once more.
3. Power On button then Eject within 0.2 seconds.
4. Go to System -> hover over Security Settings, hold L1 + R1 + Select + Square, then type in the unlock code for 3.41: 2998.
5. Place Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager, FreeFlash, and the vsh folder onto a USB thumb drive and insert it into the PS3. Install both packages and run FreeFlash.
6. Run ComgenieAwesomeFilemanager. Browse to /dev_fflash/vsh/. Switch over to the right side and browse to /dev_usb00x/vsh/. Press select, circle, then start.
7. Wait until it finishes copying over. Hard reset your console, and it's done!
For those interested, the vsh is from a CECHE01 console, but I tested it on a Demo CECHA01 and it worked.
More PlayStation 3 News...