Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Confirmed: The PS3 HDD Has NOT Been Decrypted!

Sponsored Links
    Headlines on other sites are reading: "Hackers decrypt retail PS3 HDD", "Retail PS3 HDD decrypted" and "UPDATE: We have confirmation that this decryption was done on a RETAIL PS3 (not Test/Debug)".

They are ALL wrong. We have looked into this over the past 24 hours extensively, and needless to say - our first suspicion was correct (which is why it was labeled as a rumor). Simply put - its a fake.

The files are real, but they were dumped from a TEST PS3 (old news), from its /dev_flash (Thanks NDT!) folder which is 100% accessable with a TEST.

Furthermore, the explanation of the "encryption" was all wrong (see my earlier post). On top of that, the real research done was 'borrowed' (to put it nicely) by DemonHades from the source... namely knightsolidus, who has been doing research with the PS3 HDD.

He made some interesting findings (hitting a similiar roadblock that we did, but we are now working together to try to get past it), however, currently no part of the hard disk drive has been decrypted.

Again, our hopes were dashed with yet another fake... what's worse is other sites reporting it as legit misleading their users, and not even taking the time to look into it themselves!

Special THANKS to idone, knightsolidus and NDT for taking the time to uncover the truth... and although there are no bad feelings towards DemonHades it would be appreciated if he came clean with his users so we all can move forward working together.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks to all involved for setting things straight, and welcome aboard knightsolidus and also let's hope things work themselves out with DemonHades so that everyone can work together from here on.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sigh, yet another fake post...

I'm starting to think that $ony has made a hackproof system...

Good for them, bad for others!

I just have to laugh, because of this earlier post in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News
    And NDT again: i have dev_flash files extracted from a debug flash, i can post the same screens (even the font ones) and i can show you later as soon i get home

And ifcaro rolled his eyes at NDT for asking a perfectly legitimate question.
    Now we can roll with our eyes

Banned User
    this isnt fake,is real,but dont have group a clock for work.

When can work the group investigation,dont only i.

is offence say this work is fake,for it delete my count how dev,and the time say the true

good bye ps3news

Man, I told you earlier - get someone who speaks decent English and can translate what you say. What you just wrote above makes little sense. That would even help you prevent misunderstandings such as this one... People get their hopes high and when the truth comes out they become angry...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by patholi View Post
    I just have to laugh, because of this earlier post in the other thread:

Now we can roll with our eyes
    Indeed, but the actual guy doing the work knightsolidus cleared everything up with NDT so no biggie now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHades View Post
    this isnt fake,is real,but dont have group a clock for work.

When can work the group investigation,dont only i.

is offence say this work is fake,for it delete my count how dev,and the time say the true

good bye ps3news
    I can't really follow much of what you said, but the others involved didn't care for how you took their files and credit and then misrepresented them as being done via Retail console and decrypted... when that simply isn't the case on both counts.

I will remove you at your request as a Dev here... no hard feelings though.

i think he would like to say that is not fake, that it hasn't been only a job made by him, but it's the result of a group of investigation. he said that the group doesn't have a time for working, they do when they can cause real life come first i am italian, so i hope i understood what i meant
    Last edited by dondolo; 02-27-2009 at 01:41 PM

Yep, right now he's just trying to save face... by playing on the 'real life' excuse card and diverting attention to the 'Home Investigation' on his main page hoping that people will let him be to "examine the hdd contents more" ...which sadly nothing will ever come of, since there is nothing to examine.

I really do hope DemonHades rejoins the rest of us in working together, but before that can happen he has to make good with those who put their trust in him only to have him twist/misrepresent the facts for attention.

i'm simply a normal user, and i'm again still confused about who is doing what and where and when, cuase, till yesterday also ndt was pretty optimistic. today i'm reading about a fake, and i'm still confused ati this moment.

the meeting is a sort of explanation about the ps3 works... sorry but i don't know why but i can't edit my post...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Yep, right now he's just trying to save face... by playing on the 'real life' excuse card and diverting attention to the 'Home Investigation' on his main page hoping that people will let him be to "examine the hdd contents more" ...which sadly nothing will ever come of, since there is nothing to examine.
    boss i would like to tell you that i'm italian and not spanish, so what i wrote is what i suppose he was writing in spanish, i did a reverse translation with google, from english to spanish, the i tried to imagine what he was going to write!! it's just a suppose, please remember that
    Last edited by dondolo; 02-27-2009 at 02:19 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News