Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this can not be installed on 3.60+ FW, unless you guys know something about installing non-retail pkg's on OFW

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After much testing, I've come to the conclusion that condor updater will only work with NOR flash, NAND is not supported, sorry.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think I have the cure for NAND FLASH ps3's, I'll post more in the morning.

great tool, find it very useful

Condor Updater 3 PS3 Homebrew Application is Now Available

Following up on his previous work, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer condorstrike has released Condor Updater 3 followed by v3.1 for PS3, which offers a pseudo-recovery mode system firmware update from the XMB.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

From his blog (linked above): Hi guys, I took a short break from Pointman, my upcoming PS3 Homebrew video game, and decided to investigate what Sony did to prevent Condor Updater from working on 4.xx.

After some coffee and hair pulling it seems the culprit was one of my protection checks implemented in v2.0, so I re-wrote it and added a nice PIC1.PNG and ICON0.PNG, and now it works on 4.xx CFWs.

MD5: 76d30475971f8359fe5951b920eb6a36

Condor Updater v3.0 Changelog:
    • Re-wrote code to make app compatible with 4.xx CFWs.
    • Cleaned Code and removed unneeded LV2 patch protections.
    • Replaced loading method.
    • Replaced ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG.

Hope you Enjoy it... CAW!

PS: I don’t have a NAND-PS3 to test with, so I don't know if It'll work on those models.

Condor Updater v3.1 Changelog:

HI GUYS, after releasing Condor Updater 3 I REALIZED it wasn’t complete, so here’s Condor Updater v3.1 which now works on any cfw with recovery option (2.50 and above). so now the same app will install and work for you on cfws 3.55, 4.25, 4.30, downgrade pup, whatever... it is especially useful for those with damaged power buttons or for installing same versions of MFWs over OFW/MFWs or going back from an MFW to an OFW, or any time imo... i never trust xmb updates.

For the noobs: This app allows pseudo-recovery mode system firmware update from XMB.

Meaning, one button press on your controller and you’re ready to update/downgrade to your favorite CFW from recovery mode, Once in recovery all you need to do is follow the on-screen prompts. Also, as of now it still only works on NOR-FLASH PS3s, if you’re unsure which model you own click here (ps3devwiki.com/wiki/SKU_Models).
    • Condor Updater now runs on any CFW with recovery option (2.50 and above).

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT... CAW!

Update: Hi guys, if anyone wants do a quick test for me? This is a new exploit for Condor Updater, I need NAND console test. It works fine on NORS.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

"Try this at your own risk." Install PKG, and then try running "anything", it should take you to recovery-mode for firmware install like old CU.

Condor Updater 3 PS3 Homebrew Application is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Anyone with NAND tested it??

What about the recovery mode toggle from rebug toolbox??

yeap, same as before, NANDS don't work... I've patched everything I could think of, don't know what protection Sony implemented on those units... lol.

PS: new update for Condor Updater later today. It's an important one.

NAND PS3 didn't work.

An error occurred during the start operation (80010017)

I don't think NAND FAT PS3 had different way to access recovery mode, the procedure as same as on all PS3.
    Last edited by thien; 11-21-2012 at 05:17 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thien View Post
    I don't think NAND FAT PS3 had different way to access recovery mode, the procedure as same as on all PS3.
    procedure is the same, but flash is way different... this has nothing to do with procedure.

Condor Updater v3.1 is the one to use, as it installs and runs on all CFWs 2.50 and above.

I still have to get NAND PS3s to work, but as for NORs this should be the final release.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News