Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Codename Sonic Dongle: Dongle for PSGroove

Codename Sonic Dongle
    A small USB dongle for PSGroove

I made this thread to tell everyone that I am currently working on a USB dongle, based on the teensy ++ for the PSGroove software.
    I am just a poor student so I am not entirely sure these will go in production, but I sure hope I can make that happen.

Current development status:
    The design is finished, I am currently waiting for parts to build the first prototype, expect a video of this next week or so.

General info:
    -The dongle uses the same chip as the Teensy++ (AT90USB1286)
    -The dongle can be programmed via USB using Atmel's FLIP software.
    -The dongle is about the same size as a regular USB thumb drive.
    -The price is yet to be determined.
    -There is NO official website yet!
    If someone advertises a link, claiming it to be the official website somewhere else than here, it is NOT true!

Here's a 3D render of the dongle:

Note: -The IC (AT90USB1286) is on the other side.
    -In the image the board contains a (female) USB connector, the retail version will have a (male) USB plug so you can plug it directly into the PS3, without the need for a cable.

About the name:
    The final version will not be called Sonic Dongle, there is another name, but I'm not announcing it yet since the domain hasn't been registered yet.

If you have any questions, you can post here or PM me.

-Sonic Dongle Developer

PS: The dongle is meant for homebrew developers and is only to be used with the official version of the PSGroove (without the backup manager), if you use the unofficial version with the backup manager to run pirated software, you're on your own!
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Looks like a nice project indeed CnSonicDongle, if you want I can move it to the Site News a bit later tonight so more people can see it.

been waiting for someone to do something like this, well done mate. Keep us posted.

If you build it, they will come. Seriously, you make this, show a proof of concept to prove it works, I'd definitely consider buying one. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Looks like a nice project indeed CnSonicDongle, if you want I can move it to the Site News a bit later tonight so more people can see it.
    Thanks, that would be very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyo88 View Post
    been waiting for someone to do something like this, well done mate. Keep us posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by red8316 View Post
    If you build it, they will come. Seriously, you make this, show a proof of concept to prove it works, I'd definitely consider buying one. Keep us posted.
    Thanks, I hope the parts get here soon, there seems to be a worldwide shortage of AT90USB chips :s

Every time I come on here there is more news in the growing world of PS3 underground, SAWEEET!!!

Will this be usable on a Debug PS3?

seems interesting.. effort on your part, but if you're keen for money go for it.

i'd be glad to help sell in my country etc as i'm already looking to import usb dev boards.

Dude, this looks awesome. The design looks superb and it will surely work. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac3rX View Post
    Will this be usable on a Debug PS3?
    I don't know, it's just a board for the PSGroove software, if PSGroove works on a debug PS3, then yes, it will be usable on a debug PS3.

if the $$$ is right, I'd get one for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast