Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cobra ODE v1.6 Update Released

Sponsored Links
    Below is the Cobra ODE v1.6 update and related details, as follows:

21 - 10 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Update

The much anticipated 1.6 firmware update is now available for download.

The biggest feature of this update is the addition of the new auto-eject feature. You can now switch games without rebooting and without ejecting discs. All from the comfort of your couch. The new auto-eject feature does not require any modifications to the ODE, nor does it require any new accessories or soldering, it is now available to all ODE users, from all models, with the simple update of your Cobra ODE.

We have also added periodical polling of the HDD to prevent hard drives from going to sleep mode which made some games freeze if they had been paused for a while. The HDD polling can be disabled or configured from the cobra.cfg file.

When Cobra ODE was first released, we had seen a huge amount of positive feedback, although many users had two major concerns, the first being the use of homebrew to achieve game selection, and the second being the need to reboot or eject discs in order to switch games. With the Cobra ODE browser support which was added in v1.5 and the auto-eject feature added in v1.6, we have resolved both of these concerns for our users. Today, the Cobra ODE looks like a brand new device with a completely new user experience, which we think will make most of you happy.

The Cobra Team is the first to bring true "no eject, no reboot" feature to the PS3 ODE world for all models and we will continue to bring you new exciting features in the future.You can now grab the 1.6 update form the downloads section. Please refer to the user manual for updated instructions on how to use the auto-eject feature.

We are also releasing an update to ps3genextra tool which generated the Cobra ODE Browser, please use this version with the 1.6 update.

Concurrently, we are releasing an update to the Cobra ODE Manager which adds support for the auto-eject feature and in parallel releasing an update to the third party integration library which allows third party managers to use the auto-eject feature.

Enjoy

Finally, below is a guide from magneto on How to Unbrick Your Cobra ODE, as follows:

For those rare users who have bricked their device by cutting power while the bootloader or fpga1 was being updated, here is how you can fix it.

First, there are four methods to unbrick your ODE, only one will work for you depending on what your situation is, so please read carefully and follow the instructions appropriate for your situation.

For v3 and v4 boards (3.0, 3.10, 4.20, 4.20 QSV and 4.30), it is possible that either the flash is corrupted, if you interrupted a bootloader update, or that the FPGA1 is corrupted. If the FPGA1 is corrupted, it is likely that it will hold the MCU in RESET mode which will prevent the MCU from powering.

If when you connect power to the ODE, you see the clipon PCB flash green very quickly then turn off, then the MCU powered itself but couldn't start the bootloader, you will need to unbrick the ODE using your PC, follow the instructions in the unbrick using USB method section. If you do not see any green light quickly flashing, then the MCU is not powered and is probably being held in RESET, follow the instructions in the unbrick using RESET method section.

For v5 boards, if an error occured when updating the fpga image, then the device may be bricked. It can be restored to factory settings easily, make sure you follow the unbrick method for v5.x boards.

If you followed the right instructions carefully and could not fix the issue, then it is possible that the ODE is damaged.

Unbrick method for v5.x boards
    • Remove power from the ODE
    • Short the R6 pins. This means put a wire between the two solder pads of R6. You can find R6 on the lower right corner of the main chip, just below the yellow component in this image: cobra-ode.com/images/V5_QSV.jpg
    • Put power back to the ODE
    • You can now stop shorting R6.
    • The ODE should then unbrick itself by restoring the FPGA to factory settings, it will now accept a new update from a USB 2.0 device.

Unbrick using RESET method for v3.x boards
    • Power the ODE
    • Short the pin 3 and pin 8 of the U5 component. The U5 component is the chip with 8 pads in the top left corner of the board, as seen in this picture: cobra-ode.com/images/MainBoard.jpg. The pin 8 is the one in the top right corner of the U5 component, adjacent to the corner of the EXP connector, while pin 3 is the on the other side, closest to the border of the board, the third pin counting from the top.
    • As soon as you short pin 3 and pin 8 of U5, the MCU should power up and the clipon PCB light will blink green. Keep those pins shorted while you update the fpga1.dat again using a USB stick.
    • Once the fpga has been restored, and the update completed, you can stop shorting pin 3 and pin 8 of U5, then power cycle your ODE.

Unbrick using RESET method for v4.x boards
    • Power the ODE
    • Short the TP3 and TP4 test points under the RST label. It is located in the top left corner of the ODE, as seen in this picture : [Register or Login to view links]
    • Stop shorting the TP3 and TP4 points
    • If the ODE did not boot, then short the TP3 pad with the eight pad of the U5 component. The eight pad is the one in the top right corner of the U5 component, adjacent to the corner of the EXP connector, as seen in this picture : [Register or Login to view links]
    • As soon as you short TP3 and pin 8 of U5, the MCU should power up and the clipon PCB light will blink green. Keep those pins shorted while you update the fpga1.dat again using a USB stick.
    • Once the fpga has been restored, and the update completed, you can stop shorting TP3 and pin 8 of U5, then power cycle your ODE.

Unbrick using USB method for v3.x and v4.x boards

Requirements

You will need:
    • A PC
    • A USB-A Male to USB-A Male cable
    • A USB stick or HDD formatted in FAT32
    • Zadig appication
    • dfu-util application
    • unbrick.rom file

You can download Zadig here: [Register or Login to view links]
    You can download dfu-util here: [Register or Login to view links]
    You can download unbrick.rom here: [Register or Login to view links]
    You will first need to create a USB-A to USB-A cable. A USB-A connector is the standard USB connector that connects into your PC. This is what a USB-A connector looks like: [Register or Login to view links]
    You can make such a cable by cutting two USB cables and then connecting together the green, red, white and black wires of the two cables to create a USB-A to USB-A cable.

Instructions for Unbricking the ODE
    • Turn off the power on the PS3
    • Wait 5 seconds
    • Turn on the power on the PS3
    • Immediately connect the USB cable from your PC to the clip-on PCB where your HDD would normally go
    • Your PC should detect the USB device as a "USB device with DFU capabilities"
    • Let windows finish installing drivers for the USB device
    • Open Zadig
    • Select "List all devices" from the menu
    • Select "USB device with DFU capabilities" from the list in Zadig
    • Select "WinUSB" for the driver
    • Select "Install driver" or "Replace driver"
    • Wait until Zadig successfully installs the WinUSB driver for the USB device
    • Open a command prompt by typing "cmd.exe" from the start menu
    • Go to the directory where you extracted dfu-util
    • Run the command : dfu-util.exe -d 0471:df55 -D C:\Path\To\unbrick.rom
    • Wait until it finishes uploading the unbricking firmware successfully
    • Disconnect the USB cable from the PC
    • Reconnect the USB cable from the PC
    • The light on the clip-on PCB should turn Blue now. If it doesn't not, then something went wrong, go back to the beginning and make sure everything is done correctly
    • Disconnect USB cable from clip-on PCB
    • Copy ldr.rom and mcu.rom to the root of the FAT32 USB stick
    • Insert the USB stick into the clip-on PCB
    • LED should turn purple and flash a few times until it becomes solid red or solid green depending on whether your USB stick has the cobra manager and database
    • Your device is now unbricked, you can use it normally.

If something is unclear or does not work for you, let me know. I have only tested this on a Windows 7 machine, and I don't know if I missed any steps in case my system is set up differently.

Updates: Added link to LPCXpresso for the DFU driver and added USB ID identifiers. If you wish to manually brick the device in order to use this method to flash it, then you can short the SPI Flash chip to force it to enter DFU mode and use the above instructions to flash your device.

Shorting the SPI Flash chip will not permanently brick the device, it will only brick it as long as it is shorted. If you reboot the device without shorting the pins, it will work again as it did before.
    To short the SPI Flash, you can use a screwdriver or anything metallic like some change (money) and connect it to the three pins closest to the inside of the board.

The SPI Flash is the chip in the corner of the board between the JTAG connector and the EXP connector and it has 6 pins, 3 on each side. Short the 3 pins that are closest to the EXP connector then connect the power to the board, and the LED will very briefly flash green before turning off. Without shorting those pins, the LED will flash green slightly longer before turning off.

Cobra ODE IDPS Dumper (Dump Your IDPS using Cobra ODE - Unofficial) by atreyu187

I hereby present to you the (Unofficial) Cobra IDPS dumper. A friend of mine (which i shall not name) found a way to dump the IDPS on OFW. I created a neat cobra package from this. You can put this in your PS3_GAMES directory and run it from XMB.

Download: Cobra IDPS Dumper.zip

Usage:

1. Put a fat32 formatted USB key in the USB000 (most left) or USB001 or right port
    2. Run the homebrew program, and it will exit again to the XMB
    3. IDPS.bin is on your USB drive.

For now this IDPS.bin is not very useful (yet) but we might need it in the future.

Anonymous/Senaxx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Unofficial Dongleless Cobra 7.00 Released

Sponsored Links
    Below is the Unofficial Dongleless Cobra 7.00 with details as follows, which is implemented into Rogero 4.46 v1.00:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (235.12 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2)

MD5: D6721344ED0CDC2E8A054A68B7EBC365

Cobra USB main developer has released a cleaner better release of Cobra USB's source, and he has also implemented it on Rogero 4.46 v1.00 CFW!

Cobra USB main developer has shared a cleaner and better release of the dongle's source code.

The release, called "COBRA 7.00", doesn't require USB and can be used by anyone on any hackable PS3. He also implemented it on Rogero's 4.46 v1.00 as a sample, but of course that it's compatible with other CFWs (see Readme file inside RAR).

Here's the info:

COBRA 7.00

Hello, I'm Cobra USB main developer. First of all, this is an unofficial personal release from me, and not something from Team Cobra. Don't contact them for anything related with this release.

Second, no, no USB reqired, it can be used by anyone on any hackable ps3. That's why I called this mess of a release COBRA 7.00 and not Cobra USB 7.00.

Why this release?

Mainly because I can't stand things not done properly. The original source code of Cobra USB 5.X was released, and yes, all PS3 functionality is there, but also a lot of unnecessary things.

Had I been contacted before the release of the source code, I would have prepared something better.

And rather than seeing someone coming with a bad or incomplete release of a CFW or payload using the source, I prefer to lead the way with a first clean release. I don't think I will do any other.

Second, I wanted to have in a CFW both the functionality of Cobra and a regular CFW, and without that slow device delaying each lv2 boot by several seconds, which caused some side effects in version 6.00 (4.30) on pads, and that I had to fix with one of those ugly hacks/incomplete workarounds that I tend to hate.

Lastly, but no less, I was bored, lot of free time lately, that kills your brains...

WHAT IS COBRA 7.00

What is not? COBRA 7.00 is not a CFW "per se".

COBRA 7.00 is a set of 7 files: lv2_kernel.self, ps2_emu.self, ps2_gxemu.self, ps2_netemu.self, stage2.bin, ps2hwemu_stage2.bin and ps2gxemu_stage2.bin, from those 7, the first 4 are mix of 4.46 CEX OFW files and COBRA code, the others being new and not present in OFW.

Those 7 files are expected to be mixed with existing regular 4.46 CEX based (totally CEX) CFW, to make a CFW that would mainly mix the functionality of both, except for any thing that the regular CFW may do in lv2_kernel.

About "theoretical" compatibility, check the readme in BIN/CFW_BUILDS. Theoretical because only one has been tested. This is, Rogero 4.46 1.00.

A sample PUP of mix of COBRA 7.00 and Rogero 4.46 1.00 is there as well. Mainly included for convenience, for having something end-user friendly.

This CFW has been tested by me on three very different models, a CECHA, a CECHC, and a SLIM.

But because it has only been tested by a single person, caution is to be expected. You are the only responsable of what you install in your machine.

Additionally, there are other parts, like netiso.sprx or cobralib, that are not technically part of COBRA 7.00. They are things expected to be used by managers.

No real change was done to them, just removed something unnecessary in netiso.

There are also some PC tools, the only one relevant to users being ps3netsrv, which has been updated with a new feature (see CHANGELOG).

Although there is no manager that uses that feature atm of writing this.

The source code of components is in SRC folder. The main components of Cobra expect the toolchain found at BSC page, with gcc 4.1.1.

bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/cellsimulator/sdk3.0/CellSDK-Open-Fedora/ -> install all ppu* files for your architecture.

Extra things expect either Sony SDK or psl1ght.

PC tools expect gcc. Some of the tools may not compile under mingw32 or won't work in win32. Some tool could give compilation warnings in 32 bits systems, not compile or binary may not work, this wasn't tested. (watch out ps2netemu_gen446)

WHY 4.46 AND NOT 4.50

1. I had already most symbols from 4.46 from some time ago, lazyness.
    2. Because there was no good reason to update to 4.50. COBRA does the sfo version patch and sdk version patch on RAM, games for 4.50 are expected to work without changes.
    3. Because new versions of 4.46 CFW's are unlikely to appear, then current release would support almost all of them. Minimal modification on some files causes COBRA not to detect some modules, see the readme in BIN/CFW_BUILDS.
    4. An OFW bug causes pad synchronization problems when playing PS2 games in CECHA/CECHB in 4.50. I didn't want this one to be endorsed to me.

INSTRUCTIONS

Install a 4.46 CEX cfw mixed with the 7 files of COBRA 7.00.

A sample of a mix of Rogero 4.46 1.00 and Cobra is provided in BIN/CFW_BUILDS/
    Check the txt there for compatibility with other cfw.

Install mmCM_04.18.pkg, which has been included here for convenience (it has only been repackaged to avoid version error with multiman).

This won't delete your current version of multiman (if any), it will instead add mmCM to it.
    After installation of this package, multiman can run in two modes, "multiman" and "mmCM", by default it will run in "mmCM" mode under Cobra.

Check CHANGELOW below about how to force COBRA 7.00 to run multiman in "multiman mode", this only makes sense if you installed both, mutiman and mmCM.

(More info contained in the rar)

Remember to be careful when testing. Try it at your own risk!

And for those wondering, YES is answer to the question is Team Rebug working on this for updated REX/CEX/DEX firmwares!

Advantages of Cobra CFW over others:
    • Playing PS3 games from network (eg from PC hdd) - TOTALLY DISCLESS
    • Playing PS3 ISOS - TOTALLY DISCLESS
    • Playing PS2 ISOS (without encryption)
    • Playing PSP ISOS
    • Playing BD Movie ISOS

Update: From CaptainCPS-X: COBRA 7.00 - Test Result #1: I took time to transfer most of my PS3 game backups to my NTFS HDD and connected it to my PC. After this was done I started testing the new PS3NETSRV modified by deank with the latest multiMAN, and as expected everything been working flawlessly, even when I don't have a Blu-Ray Drive on my PS3 at this moment, it has been completely removed.

Games tested over LAN (WIRED / NO-BDDRIVE):

OK - BLUS31270-[Call of Duty Ghosts]
    OK - BCUS98298-[Beyond Two Souls]
    OK - BCUS98174-[The Last of Us]
    OK - BLUS30767-[Dragons Crown]
    OK - BLES01588-[WARRIORS OROCHI 3]

Load times are fast, only moment I experience loading slow downs are when the Networked HDD has any read/write activity on the PC (Ex. Copying files). My recommendation is to select a HDD on your Networked PC with little to no activity by that PC Operative System. In my case I have my NTFS HDD connected via USB 2.0 to my PC.

I will soon start testing PS1, PS2 and PS3 game backup in ISO format and will report back my results. These tests will be over Network again.

PS: I will work on a guide later on to explain how to setup the Network Share using Wired connection between the PS3 console and the PC. This without loosing access to the internet on both ends. SeeYa!
    Code:
    COBRA 7.00 by CaptainCPS-X

COBRA 7.00 (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00) CFW Patched SYSCON to 4.50, by CaptainCPS-X

Name 	Release 	Version 	MD5

COBRA 7.00 by CaptainCPS-X 	4th November 2013 	V1.00 	549EC14879306BD807029C2640713AD0

DESCRIPTION:

I patched PS3UPDAT.PUP (MD5: D6721344ED0CDC2E8A054A68B7EBC365) SYSCON to 4.50.

As a result this can be installed over 4.50 CFWs without downgrading.

TEST RESULTS:

I have personally tested on my own PS3 (Model: CECH-2501A, CFW: MLT 4.50 v3.3.1)

It was succesfully downgraded to COBRA 7.00 (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00)

No data was lost in the process and the process lasted around 3 mins approx.

PROCEDURE:

1- Boot the PS3 system

2- Run multiMAN and do a backup of NAND / NOR flash via Hex Editor to my USB storage device.

3- Return to XMB and remove any PS3 discs (only connect the USB with the CFW).

4- From XMB install my COBRA 7.00 CFW (w/Patched SYSCON to 4.50)

5- Merry Christmas! xD LOL

IMPORTANT NOTE:

THIS SHOULD WORK FINE ON ALL CFW, BUT HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON MY PS3. USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PS3 SYSTEM WHEN USING THIS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE OF ENSURING YOUR OWN DATA, NAND / NOR BACKUPS, FILES, ETC.
    COBRA 7.00 (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00) CFW [Patched SYSCON to 4.50, by CaptainCPS-X:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (193.69 MB)

Hi guys! here I bring a patched COBRA 7.00 CFW to allow its installation over 4.50 CFW(s) without needing to downgrade.

As easy as installing it over XMB, took me just 3 minutes to switch from MLT 3.3.1 [4.50] to COBRA 7.00 [4.46] (no data was lost in the process).

I been hinted that, the originally released COBRA 7.00 CFW already could be installed over 4.50 CFW, but I decided to leave this published, if many believe this is unnecessary I will immediately request its removal. Here is the "readme" with all detailed information:
    Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COBRA 7.00 (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00) CFW [Patched SYSCON to 4.50, by CaptainCPS-X]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MD5: 	549EC14879306BD807029C2640713AD0
    SHA-1: 	F1E70B9DD96E0BC00FFA4A779E98FF53FD623CEA

======================================================================================

- THANKS! TO "COBRA DEV" FOR RELEASING THE SOURCE AND THIS CFW, ALONG WITH SO MUCH
    DETAILED INFORMATION :).

- THANKS TO "DEANK" FOR QUICKLY UPDATING multiMAN TO SUPPORT THIS CFW AND RELEASING
    THE MODIFIED CODE FOR "PS3NETSRV". WOULD BE NICE IF YOU RELEASED mM SOURCE CODE
    TOO AT SOME POINT TOO :).

======================================================================================

DESCRIPTION:

I patched PS3UPDAT.PUP (MD5: D6721344ED0CDC2E8A054A68B7EBC365) SYSCON to 4.50.

As a result this can be installed over 4.50 CFWs without downgrading.

TEST RESULTS:

I have personally tested on my own PS3 (Model: CECH-2501A, CFW: MLT 4.50 v3.3.1)

It was successfully downgraded to COBRA 7.00 (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00)

No data was lost in the process and the process lasted around 3 mins approx.

PROCEDURE:

1- Boot the PS3 system
    2- Run multiMAN and do a backup of NAND / NOR flash via Hex Editor to my USB storage device.
    3- Return to XMB and remove any PS3 discs (only connect the USB with the CFW).
    4- From XMB install my COBRA 7.00 CFW (w/Patched SYSCON to 4.50)
    5- Merry Christmas! :D LOL

IMPORTANT NOTE: 

THIS SHOULD WORK FINE ON ALL CFW, BUT HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED ON MY PS3. USE THIS AT 
    YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PS3 SYSTEM WHEN 
    USING THIS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE OF ENSURING YOUR OWN DATA, NAND / NOR BACKUPS, 
    FILES, ETC.

Finally, from akela: greetings from Russia...

From haz367: akela to the rescue... so the diff was the 2 extra patched values > 44 60 > 34 00 thx for example..

looks a bit like sys_param values or whatever... wtf it makes the diff... fixed self.. just for the fun:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

From JonahUK: Please Note: This will only launch INTERNAL iso files until webMAN has NTFS support

Create a HTML page to look/feel however you want it: Link Format:
    Code:
    <a href="http://127.0.0.1/mount_ps3/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/NAME_OF_ISO_FILE.iso">
    Create the file for the XMB (fb1.xml) (goes into /dev_hdd0/xmlhost/game_plugin/):
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <XMBML version="1.0">

<View id="seg_fb">
    		<Attributes>
    			<Table key="isogames">
    				<Pair key="icon_rsc"><String>item_tex_ps3util</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="icon_notation"><String>WNT_XmbItemSavePS3</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="title"><String>ISO Games</String></Pair>
    			</Table>
    		</Attributes>

<Items>
    			<Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="isogames" attr="isogames" src="#seg_links"
    			/>
    		</Items>
    	</View>
    	<View id="seg_links">
    		<Attributes>
    			<Table key="eject">
    				<Pair key="icon"><String>/dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/icon/icon_home.png</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="title"><String>Eject Disc</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="module_name"><String>webbrowser_plugin</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="module_action"><String>http://127.0.0.1/mount_ps3/unmount</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="info"><String>Unmount Game</String></Pair>
    			</Table>

<Table key="ps3iso">
    				<Pair key="icon_rsc"><String>tex_onlinemanual</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="icon_notation"><String>WNT_XmbItemBrowser</String></Pair>			
    				<Pair key="title"><String>PS3 Games</String></Pair>
    				<Pair key="module_action"><String>http://localhost/dev_hdd0/index/index.html</String></Pair>
    			</Table>
    	</Attributes>
    		<Items>
    			<Item class="type:x-xmb/module-action" key="eject" attr="eject"/>
    			<Item class="type:x-xmb/xmlwebbrowser" key="ps3iso" attr="ps3iso"/>
    		</Items>
    	</View>

</XMBML>
    Create the link to the above file on the XMB in category_game.xml (/dev_flash/vsh/resource/explore/xmb):
    Code:
    			<Query
    				class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
    				key="xmb_app3" 
    				attr="xmb_app3" 
    				src="xmb://localhost/dev_hdd0/xmlhost/game_plugin/fb1.xml#seg_fb"
    				/>
    I originally used Dean's "category_game.xml" so I simply renamed "fb.xml" to "fb1.xml" and made the changes. Put your index.html into /dev_hdd0/index/ with all the jpg files and you should be good to go. Reboot the PS3 to make all the changes.

From Hells Guardian comes the following tutorial as well: Boot PSP ISOs with Cobra PSP Launcher in PSP Remaster Mode Guide

1. First install a cobra compatible CFW.
    2. Second Install PSP launcher
    3. Third install PSP game to internal OR external HDD in the PSPISO folder
    4. Fourth copy the attached Param.sfo (extract it from the rar) to dev:hdd0/game/PSPC66820/
    5. Finally boot any PSP game through the launcher and quit.

The next time you load a game through the PSP launcher it will load as a PSP remaster.

Here is an updater set of instructions from Mad Mike 96:

USE cobra launcher in PSP mini or PSP remaster mode.

1 Install a Cobra CFW
    2. Install PSP launcher
    3. Install attachched Param File to dev:hdd0/game/PSPC66820/
    4. change the folder name from PSPC66820 to PSPC66821
    5. Rebuild Data base through recovery menu
    6. Instsall PSP launcher again
    7. mount a PSP game with MMCM
    8. Load your game through either the minis launcher or the PSP remaster launcher depending which mode your game calls for. (Note that the PSP remaster launcher will not show the game icon but its mounted. just load it.)

Enjoy this folks. now you can choose what mode your PSP game loads in.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Install CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00+Play PS3/PS2/PSP ISO GAMES Tutorial

Sponsored Links
    Below is an Install CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00+Play PS3/PS2/PSP ISO GAMES Tutorial by Nicolas19 for use with Cobra CFW as follows:

Hi guys, here is another nOOb Tutorial that help users that how use all Features of Cobra 7.00 that Mixed in Rogero CFW 4.46 v1.0

Step 0: Important Notes
    • Always Check CFW with PS3 PUP Check [MD5 VERIFY]
    • Use a FAT32 flash memory that has the files needed to install CFW
    • Eject any disk you have in the drive because if there is a disc in the PS3,Your PS3 ]will be upgraded with Update File That is inside the game disc
    • This CFW is installed only on consoles With OFW 1.00--3.55 and All CFW/MFW 3.55 or CFW +3.55 (Even CFW 4.50) with spkg sig check patched
    • If you still using True Blue/JB-King dongle or any DRM Dongle, Unplug and Then Put it in Recycle Bin and start Tutorial From Step 1
    • If your console is Spoof to +3.55 Versions ,you do not need to disable it
    • CFW Users With Downgraded PS3,no need to dehash (Qa Flag) PS3 but if you like dehash your PS3,Use Toggle QA

Step 1: Download Rogero 4.46 v1.00 Mixed with COBRA 7.00

First to start, Download CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00

MD5: 549EC14879306BD807029C2640713AD0

Step 2: Installing CFW via XMB

After Download above Package,Extract it and Rename the Downloaded File to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and copy like below in a FAT32 Flash memory :

PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Go to XMB==>> System Setting ==> System Update and select Update via Storage Media.
    It's all done.

Step 3: Installing multiMAN Backup Manager

I Created a Package That is include Latest Version of multiMAN With Support CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00

After Download extract The Package and Then copy "multiMAN ver 04.50.04 BASE CEX (20131103)" into a FAT32 Flash memory and Go to Install Package in XMB and Install it

Extra award 1: How Making & Playing Blu-Ray backups

In "mmCM mode" users can be Backup original blu-ray movies but backups won’t work because of AACS copy protection. However, you can transfer these backups to your PC, decrypt them using some tool such as AnyDvd HD, DVDFab, etc, and transfer the decrypted iso back to the PS3

If you have a blu-ray reader on your computer, you may want to do the full process there instead.

Making Blu-Ray backups:

1. Start multiman from the XMB
    2. Go to HOME column and select "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN"
    3. Now Insert a blu-ray (BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE). It will appear in the video section.
    4. Select it, press triangle, and choose “Create ISO”.

Playing Blu-Ray backups:

3. Choose a backup in the video section and press X.
    4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit. You can play your movie backup using the XMB player.
    5. When you are done playing the backup, you can start mmCM again if you wish to unload the backup.

mmCM uses the following directories to load/write Blu-Ray backups in iso format:

· /dev_hdd0/BDISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/BDISO

Iso files can be split using the same naming convention used for game backups in iso format.
    Blu-Ray backups are not limited to movies; any kind of iso file having a file system recognized by the PS3 can be mounted as a Blu-Ray.

Extra award 2: How Making & Playing DVD backups

In "mmCM mode" users can be Backup original DVD movies but backups won’t work if they use CSS copy protection. In these cases, it is a better idea to do the backup in a computer using any program that removes CSS, and then transfer the unprotected backup to the PS3.

Making DVD backups:

3. Now Insert a DVD (DVD-ROM, DVD+/-R or DVD+/-RW). It will appear in the video section.

Playing DVD backups:

3. Choose a backup in the video section and press X.
    4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit. You can play your movie backup using the XMB player.
    5. When you are done playing the backup, you can start mmCM again if you wish to unload the backup.

mmCM uses the following directories to load/write DVD backups in iso format:

· /dev_hdd0/DVDISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/DVDISO

Iso files can be split using the same naming convention used for game backups in iso format.
    DVD backups are not limited to movies; any kind of iso file having a file system recognized by the PS3 can be mounted as a DVD.

Extra award 3:How Making & Playing PSX backups

In "mmCM mode" users can be Backup original PSX game or a backup in a CD-R disc.

Making PSX backups:

3. Now Insert a original PSX game or a backup in a CD-R disc.It will appear in the games section.
    4. Select it, press triangle, and choose “Create ISO”.Wait for the copy to complete. If the game only contains the data track, the backup will be in iso format;
    if it contains more tracks, cue/bin format will be used instead.

Playing PSX backups:

3. Choose the backup from the list in the “Retro” section and press X.
    4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit. You can start the psx game backup from the XMB.

mmCM uses the following directories to load/write PSX backups:

· /dev_hdd0/PSXISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/PSXISO

Allowed format are:

· Iso (mode 2/2352).
    · Cue+bin. Data track must be mode 2/2352.

Playing PSX backups in CD-R:

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows PSX backups in CD-R discs to be transparently started from XMB without the need ofmultiMAN (mmCM mode)

PSX region

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" bypasses psx region for original psx games and backups in both CD-R and iso/cue format

Extra award 4: How Making & Playing PS2 backups

In "mmCM mode" users can be Backup original PS2 game or a backup in a DVD+/-R or CD-R. Support for PS2 isos in non BC consoles using ps2_netemu. You can use it in the same way as before, just load an iso and launch from disc icon, No need for encrypted isos, isos patched with limg sectors, etc. Just your normal PS2 isos dumped from discs or taken from somewhere. Don't forget to set the memory cards in XMB, in the old memmory card utility for PS/PS2, as ps2_netemu won't let you assign them in game.

Making PS2 backups:

2. go to HOME column and select "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN"
    3. Now Insert a original PS2 game or a backup in a DVD+/-R or CD-R.It will appear in the games section.

Playing PS2 backups:

4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit.You can start the PS2 game backup from the XMB.
    Don’t forget that you must assign slots to virtual memory cards in the XMB if they aren’t alreadyassigned.

mmCM uses the following directories to load/write PS2 backups:

· /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/PS2ISO -> currently, only for transferring, not loading

Allowed format are:

· DVD backups: iso files with 2048 bytes per sector.
    · CD backups:

1. ISO files with 2048 or 2352 bytes per sector; CD backups with 2352 bytes per sector are more compatible.
    2. Cue+bin: Data track must be mode 2/2352.
    PS2 iso backups are automatically unmounted when returning to XMB from the game.
    Because of the special nature of the PS2 emulator,

Playing PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R:

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R discs to be transparently started from XMB without the need ofmultiMAN (mmCM mode) However, there is no support for optical discs in ps2_netemu (None BC console) but BC consoles will still use their respetive emulators (ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibilty and also support optical discs, original or backup but these backups must be burn from an iso with a mds file. Without an appropiated mds file describing layer break, dual layer backups won’t work.

PS2 region

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" bypasses all region checks for original, optical backups and backups in iso format.

Extra Award 5:How Playing PSP ISO Game in "mmCM mode" users can be Playing PSP games

Playing PSP iSOs:

First Download Cobra-USB_PSP-Launcher in Below:

Now install the “Cobra-USB_PSP-Launcher.pkg”

Do not run this package when you see the “NO GAME” icon or the PS3 will crash/reboot.

Once PSP-Launcher is installed:

4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit. Now PSP-Launcher has the icon of the PSP backup and you can start the game from there.

mmCM uses the following directories for PSP backups:

· /dev_hdd0/PSPISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/PSPISO

Allowed format are:

·ISO, the typical backup format used by the psp homebrew community. CSO format is not supported yet. EBOOT.BIN in the ISO can be either encrypted or decrypted.

Extra Award 6: How Making & Playing PS3 ISOs

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows Playing PS3 Games in ISO Format. The genps3iso tool may be used to generate .iso images from a directory structure of a game dumped using CFW. Split type files generated by the tool are also supported.

Making PS3 ISO Games in PC:

In order to generate a valid ISO, run genps3iso and specify the correct directory (The parent directory which contains the PS3_GAME directory) and the output .ISO file, as well as whether or not to split the ISO into 4GB files. Splitting the ISO into 4GB files is only useful if you want to use a FAT32 drive.

Making PS3 ISO Games in PS3 :

2. Go to Game column and press triangle, and choose “Create ISO”.

Playing PS3 ISOs:

3. Choose the ISO from the list in the “Game” section and press X.
    4. mmCM will mount the ISO and exit.You can start the PS3 game That Loaded from the XMB.

mmCM uses the following directories for PS3 ISOs:

· /dev_hdd0/PS3ISO
    · /dev_usbXXX/PS3ISO

Extra award 7: How to Play PS3 games (PS3ISO, BDISO, DVDISO) through pc network

ps3netserver, the pc server for netiso.sprx, has been updated in "CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00"with support of games in jailbreak directory format, so it is not longer restricted to isos.

Step 1 - Computer Setup

Windows 7

Go to "Control Panel" and under "Network and Internet" click "View network status and tasks" To open "Network and Sharing Center". On the left side panel click "Change adapter settings". Identify which device is the LAN port you will be using, right click on it and select "properties". Click on the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then click the button "Properties". Click "Use the following IP address:" and "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

Windows XP

Go to the start menu and hover over "Connect to". Select "Show all connections". Identify which device is the LAN port you will be using, right click on it and select "properties". Click on the item "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then click the button "Properties". Click "Use the following IP address:

Fill out the box so it appears as below:

IP Address: 192.168.1.101
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Leave the DNS settings and Default Gateway blank and press OK. Close all the other dialogues, you're done here for now.

Step 2 - PS3 Setup

Go to the settings tab on the XMB, then select "Network Settings" followed by "Internet Connection Settings". Push ok on the prompt and select "Custom", "Wired Connection", "Auto-Detect" then "Manual". Fill out the form as follows.

IP Address 192.168.1.100
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Defualt Router 192.168.0.1
    Primary DNS 192.168.0.1
    Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0

Select "Automatic", "Do Not Use" and "Disable". Push X to save the settings. Test connection to verify you can acquire an IP Address. Internet Connection should fail.

Step 3 - PS3netsrv Setup

First Download PS3netsrv that Released By deank :

After Download,Extract Package inside Folder jailbreak directory format Games (or Any Other Like PS3ISO,DVDISO,BDISO) that you want Load From network like Below:

Now in Folder GAMES, Hold "Shift button" and Press Right Click and select "open command window"

Type in the following into the cmd prompt window:
    Code:
    ps3netsrv.exe 38008 192.168.1.100
    Now hit enter ,The cmd window will now say: Waiting for client...

Now goto your PS3 and under the XMMB settings coloumn (second column on the far left) scroll to Network Servers and click on it.
    In the side menu that pops open select /nethost0 - Enable and then follow the onscreen prompts entering your IP/PORT/Friendly Name
    now you must enter your PC's IP: 192.168.1.101

Now you should see the cmd window say something like: "Connection from 192.168.1.100" If all is working as it should you can now goto the the File Manager and you should see net_host0 listed there (or what ever friendly name you gave it) ,click on that and all your ISO (if in the folder) should show up for you.

P.S: I've ordered English User Guide from Cobra Team and remove unnecessary instances and Added More Explain. Now it looks more beautiful and more understandable.

Thanks Cobra Team for Release Source Code of Cobra USB Dongle
    Thanks deank For Awesome Backup manager
    Thanks CaptainCPS-X for Patched SYSCON Rogero 4.46 v1.00 Mixed with COBRA 7.00 to 4.50
    Thanks Mahmoud For Download Links
    Thanks peyman47 For Help me in Extra award 7

MultiMAN v4.50.04 CEX and DEX is Released

MultiMAN v4.50.04 CEX and DEX is now released with details below, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (80.84 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (42 MB)

To quote: Following the release of the unofficial Cobra 7.00, deank has also released a new version of the amazing multiMAN featuring support for it (and more!)

DeanK has just updated multiMAN. The new version 04.50.04 adds support for 4.50 DEX CFW, and also for the 4.46 Cobra/Rogero CFW.

Here's the official info:
    • multiMAN ver 04.50.04 BASE CEX (20131103).pkg
    • multiMAN ver 04.50.04 BASE DEX (20131103).pkg
    • ps3netsrv.zip

Update is now also available online within mM. To use network servers you must add them in mM/mmCM in Settings ("Network Servers") and have ps3netsrv running on your PC to share the drive/folder with your games/iso/videos/etc.

Changelog:
    • Added support for 4.50 DEX CFW
    • Added support for 4.46 Cobra/Rogero CFW
    • Added "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN" option in HOME column
    • Added support for loading network games in JB/FOLDER format using ps3netsrv
    • In Cobra/mmCM mode all functions are operational (tested)

multiman_04.50.02_base_cex_mod.pkg (linked above): A few weeks ago I had a look at what Hijam implemented in his 04.30.00 mod. It seems it was mostly just folder changes to avoid getting banned by HDD scans. So I then had a go on 04.50.02 and the result is the pkg above. I was gonna make a few changes as size bloats a bit (not a problem) but idk why I don't find time. A bit disappointing that mM is closed source, so any editing/modding is limited.

Changes are as follows: BLES80608 changed to NPEA00187 and # Main search folders:

hdd_home=/dev_hdd0/KUTA
    usb_home=/KUTA

So on your internal & external, change GAMES to KUTA

NOTE: NPEA00187 = BUZZ Quiz Player (PSN game) - don't install that game

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (1.35 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]
    • Added support for Cobra7-Rogero firmware
    • Added support for 4.50DEX CFW

Package contains:
    • lastGAME9.pkg
    • lastGAME9_SS.pkg (SingStar Replacement)
    • lastGAME9_[COBRA].pkg
    • lastGAME9_SS_[COBRA].pkg (SingStar Replacement)

The COBRA version of lastGAME also supports "last-games" from network location, PS1, PS3, DVD, BLU-RAY ISOs, as well as games in JB/FOLDER format. The update is also available within multiMAN in the WEB column.

Simple NTFS ISO Mounter for Cobra 7.00 by CaptainCPS-X

Below is a Simple NTFS ISO Mounter for Cobra 7.00 by CaptainCPS-X with details as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (4.75 MB)

To quote: Simple NTFS ISO Mounter v1.01 (UPD)

A small update to properly support PSXISO, DVDISO and BDISO. As testing purpose I backed up my original FINAL FANTASY VII (PSX) as BIN/CUE with ImgBurn on Windows 8 x64, and as expected the game was mounted properly.

I backed up an Original DVD Movie (Karate Kid) as ISO, using once again ImgBurn for it, the results where great, the movie was available on the XMB -> Video section and I was able to watch it. Only test left is BDISO, but I guess it should be working fine

Enjoy!

CHANGELOG: - v1.01 (November 4, 2013)
    • Fixed support for PSXISO, BDISO and DVDISO, now it should mount them correctly.

NOTE: You MUST Install BASE first v1.00 then UPD v1.01.

SeeYa!

Simple NTFS ISO Mounter (for Cobra 7.0 / 4.46 CFW) (by CaptainCPS-X)

Simple NTFS ISO Mounter (by CaptainCPS-X, 2013)

This application will look for ISOs in your USB NTFS HDD and allow you to mount them on your PS3!

Directories scanned are:

/*NTFS_HDD*/PS3IS0/
    /*NTFS_HDD*/PSXISO/
    /*NTFS_HDD*/BDISO/
    /*NTFS_HDD*/DVDISO/

Controls are:

[CROSS] - Select ISO / Game to Mount
    [TRIANGLE] - Rescan NTFS drive

Enjoy! Merry Christmas! xD

NOTES:

This application will ONLY work on "Cobra 7.00 CFW (Mixed w/Rogero 4.46 v1.00)".

Do not connect more than one NTFS drive, it will only use one, plus I don't see the need of having many drives connected when you just want to mount one game.

Keep reading for more notes...

THANKS TO:

Thanks to "Eswald" for porting the NTFS library and "Cobra Dev" for improving it and releasing the Cobra 7.00 CFW along with source code.

CHANGELOG:

v1.00
    • Support for PS3IS0, PSXISO, BDISO and DVDISO directories scanning and listing.
    • Initial release.

NOTES:

This release is initial, so expect it to be very simple but functional. More improvements will eventually come, so stay tuned.

Running Iris Manager is causing issues with the mounting of ISOs, avoid running Iris Manager before booting Simple NTFS ISO Mounter. If you ran Iris Manager by accident, just restart your PS3.

PS2ISO is not supported, you must use the internal PS3 HDD and put your ISO(s) in "/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/".

NOTE: You MUST Install BASE first v1.00 then UPD v1.01.

PS: SOURCE CODE WILL BE RELEASED LATER ON, AS I DO WITH ALL MY PROJECTS, I NEED TO ORGANIZE IT AND MAKE A REP AT GITHUB. SeeYa!

Simple NTFS ISO Mounter v1.02 - Progress Report #2

Spent the day organizing the code and preparing it for my GitHub. And finally the first commit has been done and pushed: github.com/CaptainCPS/Simple_NTFS_ISO_Mounter

PS: I have been working on some other things not yet integrated to the main core, but later on I will do so and commit / push it.

Stay tuned for more updates! This isn't over yet LMAO. More technical information will be added to the Git Repo later on so devs know exactly how my application works. Offtopic: Time to sleep finally!!! just look at that screenshot time LMAO and whole night didn't sleep

Simple NTFS ISO Mounter v1.02 - Progress Report #3

Good news!, Just finished coding some new modules that will add the following features very soon to Simple NTFS ISO Mounter:
    • Parsing of PlayStation 1, 2 and 3 ISOs
    • Checks for validity of proper ISO9660 formats (MODE1/2048) (MODE2/2352)
    • [PS1 / PS2 / PS3] Root Directory record checking for main system files.
    • [PS1 / PS2] Locate SYSTEM.CNF data extent and parse it.
    • [PS3] Locate PS3_DISC.SFB data extent and parse it.
    • Title ID parsing from system files (Ex. BLUS-XXXXX / SLUS_XXX.XX)
    • Acquire Game titles for all PS1, PS2 and PS3 ISOs.
    • Patch PS3 ISOs created with different applications than GenPS3iso so they are valid and detectable by the PS3 console (They MUST be in ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048 + Joliet format).

Note: New PlayStation 1 game ID / Title database was created by me (includes all US / EU / JP Titles / IDs). PS2 and PS3 databases where acquired from aldostools ps3tools directory.

Here you can see a log of my application doing some debug output, before I port it to PS3:
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Supported PS3 ISO: ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048
    Root Directory Record Offset: 0x0000B800
    PS3_DISC.SFB file record found at pos: 0x065
    PS3_DISC.SFB Extent / data Offset: 0x00023800
    PS3_DISC.SFB Data Length: 0x00000600
    Getting title for: BCUS98174
    TITLE ID: ( BCUS-98174 )
    TITLE: ( The Last of Us )
    Supported PS1 ISO: ISO9660 / MODE2 / FORM1 / 2352
    Root Directory Record Offset: 0x0000CA20
    SYSTEM.CNF file record found at pos: 0x4C5
    SYSTEM.CNF Extent / data Offset: 0x0000D350
    SYSTEM.CNF Data Length: 0x00000044
    Getting title for: SCUS-94165
    TITLE ID: ( SCUS_941.65 )
    TITLE: ( Final Fantasy VII [Disc3of3] )
    Supported PS2 ISO: ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048
    Root Directory Record Offset: 0x00082800
    SYSTEM.CNF file record found at pos: 0x125
    SYSTEM.CNF Extent / data Offset: 0x0053D000
    SYSTEM.CNF Data Length: 0x00000038
    Getting title for: SLUS20246
    TITLE ID: ( SLUS_202.46 )
    TITLE: ( Capcom vs. SNK 2 - Mark of the Millennium 2001 )
    More info and progress soon! SeeYa!

Finally from JonahUK: Simple bat file to scan and convert your games folder:
    Code:
    dir /A:D /B /O:N > list.txt
    set addtext=;
    for /f "delims=" %%l in (list.txt) do (echo %%l%addtext% >> file_list.txt)
    del /q list.txt
    for /f "usebackq delims=;" %%I in (file_list.txt) do "genps3iso.exe" "%%I" "%%I.iso"
    Easy to use, just put the bat file and genps3iso.exe in your "GAMES" folder and it will take each game and output an iso (iso name will be the same as the folder name).

If you want to save the iso somewhere other than the GAMES folder, edit the last "%%I.iso" to include a path such as "C:\ISO\%%I.iso"
    This is handy if you are converting from a USB drive formatted to FAT32 for example.

XMB Manager+ 0.22.004 (Mod) for COBRA 7.0 4.46 CFW by Aldostools

Below is an XMB Manager+ 0.22.004 (Mod) for COBRA 7.0 4.46 CFW from aldostools with details as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (XMB Manager+ 0.22.011 Mod for COBRA 7.0 - Latest Version) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

This is my modified version of the XMB Manager+ originally released by Team XMBM+. It has some new or different features and a different order of the icons. This version XMBM+ (mod) includes the files & instructions to have webMAN 1.07 and XMBM+ running on 4.46 COBRA 7.0.

This is a fork of the official XMBM+ that I originally developed for personal use on 3.55 Kmeaw. Now I adapted the category_games.xml to work with webMAN + XMB Manager Plus on 4.46 COBRA 7.0

How to install:

1.) Install Cobra 7.0 implemented into 4.46 Rogero v1.00: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post465576
    2.) Copy webftp_server.sprx (version 1.07) to the root of /dev_hdd0/ (Latest version is always here: deanbg.com/webftp_server.sprx)
    3.) Copy the included boot_plugins.txt to the root of /dev_hdd0/
    4.) Copy the included category_game.xml to /dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/
    5.) Install the included xmbmanplus_hdd.pkg
    6.) Enjoy XMBM+ on COBRA 7.0!

Thanks to:
    • DeanK for the awesome webftp_server.sprx
    • COBRA's lead developer for the release of the unofficial Cobra 7.0
    • user for PRX LOADER
    • Team XMBM+: andreus (coding), bitsbubba (coding, themes), DeViL303 (coding, POC/WIP) ps3Hen (coding, 4.00 port), aldostools (coding), CloneD (themes), Berion (logos)
    • dreamcat4 for the suggested .xml method and exofreak for his POC release of launch games through XMB using webMAN.

UPDATE #1 (Nov. 7th - v0.22.005)

Changes in 0.22.005:
    • Added a new section with quick links to webMAN functions:
    • Refresh My Games
    • Games, Files,
    • Eject Disc,
    • Insert Disc.

UPDATE #2 (Nov. 7th - v0.22.006)

Changes in 0.22.006:
    • Added the PS VITA application utility and Online storage icons to Game Data Manager;
    • Added "Retail" (webMAN list) to Game Manager > By type > Games.
    • Also updated category_game.xml: moved XMBM+ icon between "Install Package Files" and "My Games".

UPDATE #3 (Nov. 2013 - v0.0.22.008)
    • Mod by aldostools

UPDATE #4 (Nov. 24th - v0.22.009)
    • Added a quick link to monitor PS3 temperature of CPU and RSX and to restart PS3 (requires webMAN 1.18).

Download: xmbextras_v0.22.009.rar‎ / xmbm_mod_for_COBRA7_v0.22.009.rar‎

UPDATE #5 (Dec. 9th - v0.22.011)

This is my modified version of the XMB Manager+ originally released by Team XMBM+. It has some new or different features and a different order of the icons. This version of XMBM+ (mod) includes the files & instructions to have webMAN 1.24 and XMBM+ running on 4.46 COBRA 7.0.
    • Added "All Devices" to Install Package Files option in REBUG's Package Manager, so it will search all package locations instead of individual locations (HDD, packages, standard location);
    • Updated category_game.xml (Replaced the standard Install Package Files with REBUG's Package Manager);
    • Include webMAN 1.24 and webMAN 1.24 for CCAPI.

Download: xmbextras_v0.22.011.rar / xmbm_mod_for_COBRA7_v0.22.011.rar‎ / xmbm v011_mod_for_COBRA7-ITA.pkg / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

I had promised him, and although a bit late here is the translation of the homebrew Aldo Vargas, who as we all know is arrived at version 0.22.011, adding the entry “All Devices” option to install Package Files in the Package Manager Team Rebug and changing some items on filecategory_game.xml.

Changelog
    • Added “All Devices” in the Rebug Package Manager, now you can search all paths instead of one at a time.
    • Updated file category_game.xml (It was replaced the classic Install Package Files with Rebug Package Manager).
    • Added WebMan 1:24 and Webman 1.24 per CCAPI. *

Autoboot Control Fan Utility for Cobra 7.00 Tutorial by atreyu187

Install this software, I am sure you can source this part without me. Cobra 4.46 7.00 Rogero Hybrid CFW, Mulitman 4.50.04 & Last Game [Cobra] to start.

Then you need to install XMB Manager+ 0.22.006 (mod) for COBRA 7.0 and here is the supplied install guide for this application slightly modified.

1.) Copy webftp_server.sprx (version 1.11) to the root of /dev_hdd0/ Latest version is always here: deanbg.com/webftp_server.sprx (I ran into troubles with the settings not working for me on this version so I have uploaded the first build of v1.1 here for you all if the latest doesn't work for you ([Register or Login to view links])

P.S. Settings are saved as /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmconfig.bin if you need to "start fresh" in case of errors. Just delete with XMBM+, Comgenie's Filemanager or mM.

2.) Copy the included boot_plugins.txt to the root of /dev_hdd0/

3.) Copy the included category_game.xml to /dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/ (Or you can install this one to remove app_home & IPF: [Register or Login to view links])

4.) Install the included xmbmanplus_hdd.pkg

5.) Install update XMB Manager+ (mod) for COBRA 7.0 (v 0.22.006): aldostools.org/xmbextras.pkg

6.) Reboot your PS3 after install is all done to start fresh with your new FTP/Webserver working upon boot up

7.) Now open your PS3 browser set in Tools -> Confirmation on Browser Close -> “OFF” or when choosing a game in WebMan (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...now-available/) it will make you close browser each time.

8.)Turn of "Disc Auto Start" under System Settings. Disc Auto Start ([Register or Login to view links]) on Settings > System Settings.

9.) FTP Control Fan Utility v2.00 AUTOBOOT.ISO to /dev_hdd0/PS3ISO My build has a nice new logo instead of the tired looking "official" logo I think suits the system better. Or if you don't like that aldos made one as well that can be found here (ps3tools.aldostools.org/faniso.rar) as well with the old logo.

10.) Install PSNinja v4 and open the app and press X on "Make Files Read Only" this way "Last Game" will stay as Control Fan Utility AUTOBOOT.ISO upon every boot. Or you can do this manually by FTP and going to /dev_hdd0/last_game.txt and right clicking on the file and go to properties. Then choose "Read Only" attribute with FTP client. This can also be done if you FTP txt file to HDD and right click, again go to properties and check "Read-Only" and then press "Apply" and FTP the file back over.

11.) This I am going to borrow from aldos as well as he is the one that helped me get mine setup and running.

1. Turn ON the Disc Auto Start on Settings > System Settings.

2. Go to My Games > webMAN Setup and select the devices to scan, mark all the settings in the 2nd section and at least 5 and three seconds in the 3rd and 4th sections. (I choose 0 for both as I don't use a USB drive, boot times increase dramatically so the lower the better for your "Auto Boot Times" which DeanK might give us in future updates to his fine app. It has seen more action this month then just about mM's existence and we thank him for that. It was two simple plugins that got combined)

3. Press Save on the browser and restart the PS3.

Every time that you start the PS3, the AUTOBOOT.ISO will be launched. All you have to do is press Triangle to exit.

Note about my AUTOBOOT.ISO file. Once you exit the app in "Payload" mode the LED will turn yellow allowing you to know the payload is in effect. If you choose any of the other "Modes" the LED will return to normal. I did this so one would know if in fact the settings in fact took place after exit as it is hard to tell sound wise.

Again if you do not like this option aldos made a Control Fan Utility AUTOBOOT.ISO as well that does not have the yellow LED indicator at all but in order for "Mode 2" settings to stay upon exit one must press "Start" button to set that mode to work upon exit.

And that is it folks you can boot your PS3, set your fan speed right away and have fun gaming knowing your precious PS3.5 is nice and cool to go along with all the neat new features Cobra has unleashed upon the CFW world.

From CaptainCPS-X: Try this one (psiso_tool_test_1.rar) and let me know if you still have the hanging problem:

GenPS3ISO GUI 1.3 by aldostools

Download: genPS3ISO_GUI.rar‎ (Mirror: ps3tools.aldostools.org/genPS3ISO_GUI.rar)

Another quick GUI for the command line tool genPS3ISO by Cobra-USB. This tool let you create a proper ISO image from a PS3 game's folder.

Features:
    • Allows drag & drop
    • Run as Administrator to auto-register as a shell-extension for Explorer.
    • Right-click on any folder to make an ISO.

Example of ISO created: AUTOBOOT.ISO of Fan Control Utility 2.0 (ps3tools.aldostools.org/faniso.rar)

PSISO Tool GUI by aldostools

Download: psiso_tool_GUI.rar‎ (Mirror: ps3tools.aldostools.org/psiso_tool_GUI.rar)

I have created this quick GUI for the command line tool made by CaptainCPS-X that allows us to patch the PS3 ISO images that were not created with genPS3ISO or multiMAN, and make them to work on COBRA 7.0 CFW. Thanks to CaptainCPS-X for this useful tool.

Fan Control Utility (ISO/No GUI) 2.01a by aldostools

Download: Fan Control Utility (ISO/No GUI) 2.01a (Mirror: ps3tools.aldostools.org/faniso.rar)

This is an unofficial version of Fan Control Utility by Estwald that auto-quits immediately to XMB after set the fan policy. Hold X for 10 seconds to enable the GUI. The settings will be saved in the internal HDD, if the included PKG is installed and dev_hdd0/game/CTRLFAN00/fan_speed.dat exists.

Note: The AUTOBOOT.ISO for COBRA 7 auto-quits. There are 2 PKG files: one has no GUI, the other always shows the GUI.

Credits: Thanks to Estwald for the PS3L1GHT environment and the open source project. Thanks to HABIB for the payloads for 4.46/4.50. This is my first compilation of an application for PS

Fan Control Utility 2.01a- Changelog

Released under GNU General Public License - Read COPYING

Version 2.01a Modified by Aldo Vargas (aka aldostools) / aldostools.org / pstools.aldostools.org

Changelog for 2.01a:

1. Fix: Saved setting now should be loaded properly
    2. Added L1/R1 to switch modes and CIRCLE to exit to XMB
    3. Hold L2/R2 to start the GUI with the current fan speed values
    4. Added text blinking when setting is saved (Saved mode to a new file to keep compatibility with earlier versions)

Changelog for 2.01:

1. Added auto-quit ("nogui") (GUI is displayed holding X for 10 seconds while the program starts)
    2. Changed code to always read settings from /dev_hdd0/game/CTRLFAN00/fan_speed.dat (if the file exists)
    3. Changed background color to dark blue
    4. Converted to ISO

Version 2.00 Modified by HABIB (aka smhabib) at tortuga-cove

Changelog:

1. added 4.46 cex
    2. added 4.50 cex
    3. added 4.41 dex (not tested now cause no dex here)
    4. added dex 4.46 (not tested cause no dex here.dex 4.46=rebug rex 4.46 dex mode)

Official Version 1.7 by by Estwald (aka Hermes) at elotrolado

XMB Manager+ 0.23.000 (mod) for COBRA 7 -- Install PKG Files Stored on a Remote PC from XMB

XMB Manager + Version 0.23.000 - Changes in 0.23.000: Added new "Network Folders" menu to webMAN tools.

This new option let you mount a shared folder on the PC as a local folder (/dev_bdvd). You must have running PS3 NET Server on the PC and server address configured on webMAN.

With this option you can play (supported) remote videos, music, pictures, and install PKG files stored on a remote PC (virtually in any place of the globe) directly from XMB. You can also play shared rom files, browse remote folders and more.

Download in link above or update directly on the PS3 from the About option in XMBM+ menu.

Credits: All this is possible thanks to Cobra7's integrated network features and to deank for the marvelous webMAN.

NOTE: WiFi networks can be too slow for certain operations. A wired network is highly recommended.

MCLowMod - Rogero 4.46 Cobra 7.00 Edition

i just created a whole mod pack... everything you need is inside! with easy to install zip files and a easy guide!!!

download contains these files... CFW, multiman, webman, system manager with fan utility, custom game tab with multiman, xmbm+ and my games, flag files for faster usb booting tools for pc (fan utility, retroxmb for ps2 psp and rom pkg, netsrv for nethosting) and a how to install txt file!

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (321.36 MB)

Also below is PS3WebTemp 1.0 (aldostools.org/temp/PS3WebTemp.rar) by aldostools, who states:

This is a small semi-transparent web window that stays always on top. It can connect to your PS3 console to monitor the CPU and RSX information. Requires webMAN 1.16 running on a 4.46 COBRA 7.0 compatible CFW. The plugin and instructions are included in the XMB Manager+ (mod).

Thanks a lot.. also an update from the Cobra Team:

Current status is that IRD support for genps3iso is finished and has been sent to webmaster and should be online in the next couple of days. This will go online with the fixed genps3extra for the more than 100 games in video category, and firmware 1.7 which increases stealth for IRD generated iso.

We are now currently handling ps1 disc support, but there is no ETA for the moment for that feature. The disc dumping bug is also being worked on in parallel. It will require an update to the FPGA images as the bug is in the FPGA so it is being handled by other members of the team. I do not have an estimate on when the fix will be available but I know it is currently being worked on.

Well it seems that server REQUIRES to have javascript enabled other wise will not work , good DL but would be nice if there would more info on files included.

BTW you tube link is dead account closed.

Cobra ODE 1.7 Update / Cobra ODE 1.7 Update

11 - 11 - 2013 Cobra ODE News - Update

We are pleased to present the 1.7 release which adds IRD support for generating ISO's which have improved stealth.

GenPS3iso:
    • Add IRD support

GenPS3extra:
    • Fix adding more than 100 games in the video category.

We have also updated the user manual to reflect change concerning creation of ISO's.

The installation manual will be also updated soon to reflect change concerning newer PCB revision 4.20 or higher.

Enjoy

Download:

16 - 11 - 2013 Cobra ODE News - Update

The waiting is finally over and we are pleased to present the 1.8 release which fix issue from the last release.

MCU 1.8:
    • Increase version number and recompiled 1.7 to avoid a compiler bug which caused MCU to crash

GenPS3iso v2.3:
    • Fix crash when application finishes
    • Less strict IRD verification that caused valid IRD files to appear as invalid
    • Added support for IRD file format version 8
    • Added support for files bigger than 4GB in IRD generated iso

We have also updated the user manual to 1.8 to reflect the MCU version and change concerning creation of ISO's. Enjoy

Download:

Sponsored Links

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News