Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

MultiMAN PS3 Backup Manager v04.46.02 and v04.46.03 Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous updates, today deank has updated the multiMAN PS3 Backup Manager to v04.46.02 followed by v04.46.03 with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (40.74 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (38.54 MB)
    • Added support for 4.46DEX (REX)

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (126.97 MB)
    • Added proper support for 4.46 REX/DEX (bd-mirror for internal/external games)

Includes:
    • multiMAN ver 04.46.02 BASE CEX (20130907).pkg
    • multiMAN ver 04.46.02 BASE DEX (20130907).pkg
    • multiMAN ver 04.46.02 STEALTH (20130907).zip
    • Showtime 04.03.479 [CEX].pkg
    • Showtime 04.03.479 [DEX].pkg

Just a small update:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (40.81 MB)
    • Added Croatian (Hrvatski) language - translation by Robi666
    • Added Slovak (Slovencina) language - translation by lubek76
    • Updated Czech (Cestina) language - translation by varinek and Mutagen
    • Fixed some issues with downloading covers/updates

Now multiMAN supports 34 languages.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (38.56 MB)

Just to let you all know - multiMAN users now use about 25MBit/s of my home internet connection (currently serving with ~500KB per client) - almost 10GB in just an hour.
    Code:
    Server uptime:  59 minutes 45 seconds
    Total accesses: 21031 - Total Traffic: 10.3 GB
    5.87 requests/sec - 3.1 MB/second - 0.5 MB/request
    Finally, from Robi666: I translated mm to croatian lang and if you have time here is txt file: [Register or Login to view links]

Update: There is a minor update online (04.46.04) - it requires prior BASE installed (preferably 04.46.02 or later).

I tried to improve a bit the download speeds for updates, covers and other things. Managed to move my web server to another PC (laptop actually ) and it now serves http requests 4 times faster to 4 times more clients with 4MB/s bandwidth (basically about 13GB/hour).

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Here are some more videos for those interested... including a Cobra ODE Installation Tutorial 3XXX and 25XX Series:

Some German videos as well:

Sponsored Links

multiMAN v04.46.04 (20130914) is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today deank has updated multiMAN v04.46.04 (20130914).

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (4.64 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

Changelog 04.46.04 (20130914):
    • multiMAN BASE 04.46.02 or later must be already installed
    • Minor update to improve a bit the download speeds for updates, covers and other things.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Features Coming for PS3 Cobra ODE Including No Restart

Today the PlayStation 3 scene profiteers behind the Sony protection circumvention device Max Louarn and Gary Wayne Bowser (GaryOPA) have announced (via biteyourconsole.net/scena-ps3-novita-in-arrivo-per-il-cobra-ode/) that some new features are coming for their PS3 Cobra ODE including no restart.

Below are the details, as follows: The Cobra team is preparing to release a new update for the Cobra Ode, necessary upgrade that allows you to validate the selection of the game without having to restart the console.

The team seems to want to follow in the footsteps of the infamous E3 Ode Pro, even if the new firmware still requires removal and reinsertion into the drive, a process that would lead to ruin the player if used diligently.

We want to emphasize some of the problems that have been reported to us in the Official support forum, and the desire to let you know that we are working to release a fix as soon as possible.

The team is currently working to fix various bugs found in some hard drives that are not recognized by Cobra Ode when the data is formatted in NTFS, at the time just waiting for the fix to format the disk in FAT32.

For several backup if there is installed an update that stops working, the team said they had identified the problem and will soon release a new version for the instrument GenIso, the operation involves the use of the famous file IRD recently viewed on 3k3y Ode.

When you try to update the firmware of the PlayStation 3 in order to avoid problems it is recommended to switch from EMU mode PT and disconnecting any USB connection from Cobra Ode, will soon release a patch to fix this problem.

15 - 09 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Update and known issues

We are releasing update version 1.1 of the COBRA ODE firmware. This update will allow you to validate the game selection without rebooting the console. Once the game selection is done through the manager, the game will be loaded after ejecting and reinserting the disc in the drive. Selecting the game by rebooting the console will also work as before.

Follow the update instructions from our updated user manual. We also want to point out some of the issues that have been reported to us in the official support forum, and want to let you know that we are working on releasing a fix for them as soon as possible.
    • There seems to be an issue with some specific hard drives that aren't recognized by the COBRA ODE when they are formatted with NTFS. While this only affects a small number of hard drive, it is a high priority bug that we will fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you are experiencing this issue, you can format the drive in FAT32 and it will work.
    • For some games, if the game update has been installed, the game will refuse to launch. We have identified the issue as being caused by the ISO file being badly generated, and an update to the Geniso tool will be released shortly that fixes it. The updated Geniso tool will give you the choice of using an IRD file to rebuild the ISO. It is however optional, and you can still generate ISO files without the IRD file, for those titles which do not have an IRD file, or for homebrew applications.
    • If installing a PS3 firmware update, the update will sometimes fail when the COBRA ODE is installed and in EMU mode. We recommend you switch to PT mode and disconnect USB device from Cobra ODE while doing a PS3 firmware update Online or from PS3 front USB , until this issue is resolved.

Soon after this update was release, I noticed a few people have problems, the most common mistake is plugging the FAT32 USB stick with the update in the front PS3 ports, this is not a PS3 update, it is Cobra update so it goes into the back USB port that the Cobra ODE device adds to your PS3, and second magento which has been very helpful pointed out the following, that made everyone have success in installing this update:

From magneto: Make sure you remove the power cable from the PS3 entirely, then plug it back in, the update only happens when the PS3 gets powered on, not when it's turned on.

The update takes a few milliseconds to finish, so it will seem instantaneous to you. The LED should flash very briefly, maybe unnoticeable, then becomes solid red to indicate there is no manager or database on the usb stick, or green if the fat32 drive you're using also contains the manager and cobra.db

17 - 09 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Update

Minor correction for the user manual to clarify update process.

Cobra ODE User Manual v1.1b (English) is attached below.

19 - 09 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Cobra ODE 1.2 update

We are releasing another update today to the COBRA ODE firmware as well as an updated manager and 3rd party integration library.

The problem reported earlier about the ODE not recognizing some NTFS drives was actually caused by drives using the non default cluster size. We have updated the user manual to specify that we recommend 4096 allocation unit size. Also, with this update, the ODE will now support drives with a cluster size of 2048, 4096 and anything above that.

We have also added another new feature. Now our manager reports the ODE MCU firmware version. The COBRA manager will now print the version of the COBRA ODE firmware. An update to the third party integration library will allow third party managers to display this information.

Downloads attached below:
    • Cobra ODE Manager v1.1
    • Cobra MCU update v1.2
    • Cobra ODE Library v1.2
    • Cobra ODE User Manual (English) v1.2

GenPS3iso v2.1 released for Cobra ODE users

Download: GenPS3iso_v2.1.rar

This release fixes up errors people were having in converting their CFW backups into proper ISO format. Team Cobra announced the new version of this PS3 iso tool for all of you that have your PlayStation 3's hacked.

We have been informed about a new update of the GenPS3iso, version 2.1 released today by the Team Cobra. Check it out:

20 - 09 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Update GenPS3iso v2.1

Hello! We are pleased to announce that V2.1 of the Genps3iso tool is now available to download. The new version solves the error relating to game updates (8001003e) which some users had encountered. ISO's can now be regenerated with the Genps3iso V2.1 tool to solve this issue.

We are now also working on IRD support to be included in an upcoming Genps3iso tool release, which will be released soon.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Cobra_ODE_User_Manual_(English)_v1.1b.pdf   Cobra_ODE_Installation_Manual_(English)_v1.1.pdf   Cobra_ODE_User_Manual_v1.1_(English).pdf   Cobra_ODE_User_Manual_(English)_v1.2.pdf   ul2g.jpg  

Eleganz Port to Cobra ODE by Kakaroto is Now Available

Today PlayStation 3 scene developer Kakaroto has ported his PS3 homebrew manager Eleganz to the Cobra ODE with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Hi everyone, A while ago I've promised I'd port Eleganz to Cobra ODE if it ever gets released. I finally got time to take care of that, and I think it would be great if it worked as I think Eleganz has a lot of potential but noone is using it apparently.

So anyways, I've ported it to work with COBRA using that manager library they released, but since I don't have an ODE and don't plan to, I have to depend on you guys to test it for me.. and I suppose there are people here who have the ODE and are willing to test it.

You can download the eleganz.iso from this URL ([Register or Login to view links]) and replace your manager with it.

Could you please test it and let me know if it works or if it has any bugs (like not showing the list of games or not selecting them properly). I've tested this a bit on my DEX system so I think it should at least run without problems but I don't know about the integration with cobra.

I've also included in the iso comgenie's file manager and showtime and it should be able to run them without problems, but I'm not sure if it will work from dev_bdvd. As they are bundled with Eleganz, they shouldn't require a reboot or anything. You can extract the iso and add any other homebrew you'd like in the /dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/HOMEBREW/ then recreate the iso and it will appear in Eleganz and should be able to run it.

Oh, something else I'd like you to test. While testing Eleganz, I've noticed that I had a bug when you quit the application, and it caused the PS3 to reboot, I thought that it might be used to cause the ode to load your game selection without having to do the reboot manually, so after I fixed the crash, I've added a bug on purpose to make the application crash, forcing the PS3 to pseudo-reboot.

If you chose the "Quit" option from Eleganz's menu, it will quit normally, but if you choose the "Quit game" option from the in-game XMB, it will crash and reboot. Assuming that the cobra integration works, can you please also test doing that. Select a game then select the quit game option from the in-game XMB and see if it does load the game or if it still shows Eleganz in the XMB.

Let me know about your results and if you found any bugs so I can get them fixed before official release.

Thanks.
    KaKaRoTo

From hyappon: It works and loads game without any problem. Comgenie's file manager also works but after that you can't switch to manager again I guess or I couldn't find the way. Sorry didn't try that before. But tried it now. It works. It's good in a way. It's automatic. Just quit game and after a while it loads.

But well, if I say how much time it takes to load it, I would say it's between eject disc and shut down the system option. I'm close to my ps3 so ejecting disc is faster and better option for me. But it's a cool option nevertheless. If you could remove the bug and add it as an option after you choose the game, it would be a great deal.

And I don't know much about the use of homebrews in CFW but navigation between menus seems a little bit "slow". I mean its nowhere close to the speed of navigation in XMB. Like I said I don't know much about it, but just saying it because of feedback. It's still much faster than ODE version of multiman.

From KaKaRoTo: Cool, thanks for the feedback! There is no way of going back to eleganz once you start a homebrew other than quit and reopen it. It's kind of the same as with the god of war collection, once you chose god of war I, you need to quit and reopen it in order to access the main menu again.

So it lists the games and loads them without problem ? and launching homebrew works! It's great news ! How about that "quit game" from xmb, does it work in loading the game you selected or does it still show Eleganz when it returns to the XMB?

Cool! Great news! I was hoping it would do it, but I wasn't sure the ode would detect that as a reboot or not. It's a bit slow yes because the ps3 needs something like 10 seconds to detect that the app is 'frozen' and then it's a reboot. I think it's faster than an actual reboot, but it's mostly convenient that you don't have to do it manually. I was wondering if I'd make that an option or not, but I don't think it's necessary.. if you don't want the reboot, you can just choose the Quit option from eleganz's menu instead of the in-game xmb.

If you think it's worth adding it as an option I'll try to find a way to do that. As for the speed, yes it's slow because I'm using the software renderer. I used the RSXGL one (hardware accelerated) initially, but igor from tortuga-cove IRC reported that it didn't work in SD.. it was rendering 1080p and showing only the top-left part of it on his 480p TV. So I switched to the software rendered which does the auto-scale automatically. I will fix that by rendering in the right resolution of your screen and switch back to RSXGL which should improve performance.

Thanks a lot for testing and giving me the feedback! Let me know if you find anything else that needs fixing before I release.

Update: Cool, thanks I've updated it with a new icon and added some more homebrews to it. I used the latest version of their library so I already knew about the ode version and I put it there already. It shows up at the top of the list of games as "Cobra ODE v1.0" or whatever your version is. I thought about showing the iso filename but I don't really see how to do that without making the UI ugly. I don't think it's really important anyways.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (53 MB)

Thanks! The crash to reboot was actually accidental, I wanted to use the syscall to reboot but it didn't work probably because a normal app doesn't have the necessary permissions to use it. I had a bug that only happened when you quit and that's when I noticed that fake reboot and thought it might work! Feel free to use the same technique in your app.

Cobra ODE Review by racer0018:

For starters I would like to thank cobra (aka Max Louarn and Gary Wayne Bowser) for allowing me to test their new product. I will have to say that they have been in contact with me for awhile after I sent a request to test the product. I received it in a bubble wrap envelope and it was damaged during shipping, so it took me some time to find out what is wrong with it and fix it. It all came down to the main board was bent a little and damaged a trace in the board. After I had fixed it I was ready to start testing.

The first ps3 that I did try it on was a model # cech2501a that could be downgraded to 3.40. The install wasn’t hard to do, just remove four resistors and then use the board supplied.

Then I had to connect the ribbon cable that came with the unit and finished by putting the ps3 back together. I went against what the install guide said on where to put the ribbon at when putting the ps3 back together. I figured this way worked better for me. I then finished putting the ps3 back together into it ended up looking this.

I was ready to start testing. I formatted the external hard drive to fat32 and converted a game to iso with the GenPS3ISO program that can be download from their website. I also had to create folders on the External hard drive one called: COBRA and inside of that the cobra.db and the manager.iso files went into. Also another folder called PS3_GAMES and inside of that is where your iso converted games went into.

The cobra worked great on that ps3 and really didn’t want to stop there. I went ahead and installed it in a cech2001a, cech4000 model, cech3001 model and a launch model cech01a. The same above it all worked out great. However there was something that I did run into and that is on the cech2001a I used the stock ribbon cable that came with the ps3 and used it for the cable that went from the drive to the cobra and the ps3 wouldn’t get power at all.

So I took that stock one out and used a cable that they sent with the unit and it worked great. I also have had problems with updating some games and then that don’t work on the cobra, on a side note about that cobra has released an update and has fixed this. I have been playing on line and no ban as of yet.

Some of the pros:
    • Easy install
    • Some models no soldering, other models little soldering is needed.
    • Stay on ofw.
    • Easy way to convert files from old folder format to iso with the program they supply.

Some of the cons:
    • Have to take apart the ps3 on some models to solder.
    • Do have to take the time to convert all your games to iso
    • The restarting when switching from emu mode to normal mode, also when loading a backup. Some of this is fixed in a new update that they released

Overall this is a great unit, the unit does cost a lot but worth it in the end. I will do some more testing with it and then post up more as I find out the new updates work with this unit.

Finally, from Bassflower comes a Step by Step Tutorial for Cobra ODE - 2,5k , 3k & Superslim video:

After Hours of Work I finally got the Cobra ODE working in my Superslim. Watch the video even when I speak german... I think pictures do say more than words

Update 2: From kakaroto: I've updated Eleganz to use the latest version of the library that was just released. The download link is still the same:

I've also bundled with it ESKISS and SGT Puzzles. Can you guys do a quick test of it, and if all is good, tomorrow I'll release it officially.

Thanks!

IMG_1151.JPG   IMG_1159.jpg   IMG_1160.jpg   IMG_1162.jpg   IMG_1164.JPG  

Cobra ODE News - Update 1.3 is Now Available

26 - 09 - 2013: Cobra ODE News - Update 1.3

We are releasing today a new update for the COBRA ODE. The bootloader is being updated to v1.1 which should fix everyone's problems with USB thumb sticks not being recognized. Please refer to the user manual for instructions on updating the bootloader.

Also, the MCU update is now at version 1.3 which also fixes the USB thumb stick access, as well as a few other small fixes. Please refer to the Changelog.txt for more information.

The COBRA manager has also been updated and is now at version 1.2. You can now load games without rebooting your console or ejecting the disc. Simply quit the manager after selecting your game and the manager will make the PS3 restart automatically. If you wish to quit the manager without rebooting, simply press X to discard the yellow dialog before quitting the game and it will not restart the XMB.

The third-party library is also being updated with many changes which break the previous API, and to better parse the new files available from the ODE. ODE Manager developers should read the documentation and review the new API when integrating. Also, please refer to the user manual to understand the changes to the file structure.

Note that initial orders may not recognize all the USB drives, so if the LED does not flash purple, the update may not have been performed. Use a thumb drive or hard drive which works with the ODE to install the initial bootloader update which will then fix support for all other drives.

We are working hard everyday on improving the COBRA ODE, most critical day one bugs are now fixed. We have just discovered a data corruption in the DISC.ISO file when dumping the original disc which we will fix as soon as possible. In the next releases, you can expect the following features:

geniso: IRD support
    manager: Disc dumping support
    MCU: PSX and PS2 iso support.

Downloads (attached below):
    • Cobra ODE BootLoader v1.1
    • Cobra ODE MCU v1.3
    • Cobra ODE Manage v1.2
    • Cobra ODE Library v1.3
    • Cobra ODE User Manual (English) v1.3

Finally, from Cobra developer deank comes multiMAN 4.46.04 BASE (for BD-R and ODE).iso

• Supports ODDE v1.0 to v1.3
    • Game names, parental level, version, etc are now displayed from the .SFO and not using the ISO names
    • MCU version is displayed in "System Information" menu
    • Support for display and download of game covers (test)
    • It will reset the PS3 after you use "Quit game" after you select a game

Let me know if you can test it and if it works (I don't have ODDE to test with).

One simple final attempt - this one includes all the covers I have - hopefully mM will show them without downloading:

multiMAN 4.46.04 FULL (for BD-R and ODE).iso (154MB) - contains ~ 6800 covers (some are generic "No cover available).

Let me know if you see covers with it.

Make sure to DELETE "multiMAN" game data from the XMB -> Game Data utility before you load the iso.

Dean

p.s. I may try something else tomorrow morning, related to access permissions to mM's folder.

Cobra_ODE_User_Manual_(English)_v1.3.pdf   20130928-200714-SCREENSHOTX.JPG   20r05e0.jpg  

Multiman Covers Pack

For a long time my Multiman 04.46.01 dosnt download any covers which is quite annoying, so when I saw a covers pack I thought this was a great idea to fill in the blanks and see some nice art work on the covers. The thing is i've downloaded the covers pack but have no idea how to use it, would anybody please point me in the right direction on how I can transfer the images to the games so they display in multiman.

Thank you

MM will only display covers for games that it finds in your specified game directories. If you do not have the game then it will not display a cover. If you download the covers pack while in multi man it should auto install.

thank you for the information

No problem

Sponsored Links
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News