Hi, if someone can slap me about the head and tell me where I'm going wrong I would be grateful. I have placeholder installed and latest MM but when I select a PS2 game and then try to load using placeholder I just keep getting "The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)".
Which RAP did you use to encrypt the iso? Make sure you use 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333 and try again. Use a hex editor on it and look for this in the first 16 bytes- if you see instead something like JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000 then you used the wrong one.
Where iso_path1 is the source iso, iso_path2 is the destination encrypted iso.bin.enc and klc_path is the path to the klicense.
I just tested it (launching a regular ISO in mM, it spawns the ps2classics.self and creates the encrypted ISO + a folder structure) - everything seems ok. It needs a nice progress bar, improved I/O by using async read/write and you're good to go. It doesn't support 4GB+ files, but properly adds missing info for CD ISO files.
Basically with mM you can dump your PS2 game disc, load it in the RETRO column, it will convert it to ps2classic in a minute or two and you can load it with ps2-classics-placeholder. I'll release a test mM later.
Showtime 04.03.128 by Andreas Oman is now available (for mM and as standalone in the WEB column).
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is also updated to this build.
Changes in ps2classic:
Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
Changes in multiMAN:
Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usbxxx/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (the one provided in the ps2classics.rar above)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)
4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
p.s. I was FINALLY able to test all this PS2-Classics stuff:
1) Download and install ReactPSN 2.24 and PS2ClassicsPlaceholder from mM's WEB column
- Create "aa" account and login with it (make sure AUTO-LOGIN is disabled so you can chose "ReactPSN Xrif Xedat" account)
- Copy /exdata folder (included in ReactPSN zip) with 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap file in it on USB stick
- Start reactPSN and login with your regular account after reboot
2) Start multiMAN and put KILLZONE PS2 original disc
3) From game column select "Copy" while Killzone disc is displayed
4) Backup to /dev_hdd0 (PS2ISO)
5) After copy completes go to RETRO column and activate "KILLZONE" ISO
6) It prompts for encryption (4,4GB)
7) Back to mM and RETRO column - activate "Killzone [PS2 Classic]"
8) Quit to XMB and start "PS2 Classics Placeholder"
TOTAL = 24mins to RIP a full 4,4GB DVD, convert to PS2 Classic and start it. ALL THAT ON THE PS3.
Some users have reported problems with some PAL ps1 games on NTSC systems and viceversa.
It is a bug that only affects a portion of users. This package solves those problems.
Instructions: after selecting a ps1 game of different TV system wtith mmCM, launch the included application instead of starting the ps1 game with the disc icon. If the game is of your TV system or if you don't have this problem at all, we recommend to play the game using the disc icon, as always, as it is expected to have bigger compatibility.