Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thank you DeanK! Although i didn't find option for USB reset (neither in ini, nor in MM settings menu), MM now doesn't rearrange USB drives and works fine on Rebug

btw, 4.14.03 is out. Updated in MM.
    Last edited by sorg; 12-01-2012 at 08:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That latest 4.14.03 screws up 8.4 list. Instead of O exiting like it should it now changes all the game icons into settings and you cant get the games back unless you press L1 then R1. Even if you quit then reload MM its still that stupid menu.

Cam we get the O as EXIT again.

Another thing, its got a new empty box when highlighted says "Start game from disc (PSX/PS3)" but there is no disc in the drive. And the empty box next to that says "refresh" Do we need 2 more empty boxes? looks stupid especially when there is no disc in the drive. and if you press Triangle there is a refresh option there. Oh, I just found out the Triangle menu is also screwed, its now a side menu.
    If it wasn't for the new working features I would go back to a previous version of MM.

So Apple have screwed with itunes and now DeanK is screwing with MM. I cant get a break can I. Looks like everything is getting screwed except for me...

It would be a thumbs up if it worked properly. I copied a game from NTFS to internal. Ok, so it read the NTFS drive and copied the game over but the game refused to run, when it tried to install it came up with an error. I ended up deleting that version and copying it over via FTP and now it works fine. SO it will read NTFS but its corrupt when it copies from USB/NTFS to internal.

And another bug report. When you download the update of MM it wants to reboot the PS3. NOT GOOD when you update it via Remote Play as it does reboot and turn on the PS3 kicking it out of Remote Play mode.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 12-01-2012 at 10:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Apparently the 8x4 and list mode are fixed in the updated version 04.14.03 UPD CEX (20121202) added HERE now.

Another request for MM, can we get the updates to be updated like Showtime where they dont mess with the param.sfo as I have to keep editing it with every update and moving it back to where I have it. Showtime stopped that and it just updates and keeps the icon where it is.

And that 13 UPD didn't remove the disc icon when there is no disc in the drive, its still there. All the previous bugs I said about are still there. I guess I'll have to wait for the next version or downgrade. I'm going to downgrade now as its really annoying the way it is now.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 AM

Is it likely that MM/Showtime will ever be updated to allow for BD iso playback from harddrive, akin to the cobra USB functionality, or is that something which a cobra is physically required?

Cobra Team Enters the PS3 Optical Drive Emulator (ODE) Market

Today the infamous Max Louarn's Cobra Team has announced they are officially entering the PS3 Optical Drive Emulator (ODE) market similar to PS3 3K3y as they apparently feel this is the next way they can con unsuspecting PlayStation 3 scene users into blowing money on unnecessary devices so they can profit as they did with the DRM-infected TB dongle months ago.

Short of a few images from their sites (cobra-ode.com / cobra-team.com) and brief description, not much is available on the device yet:

The website for the most advanced PS3 Optical Drive Emulator will be launched soon! Come back soon for further updates, details of features and information.

From their marketing frontman Gary Wayne Bowser (aka GaryOPA): "We all heard of the upcoming '3k3y' device, but now the market for installing an ODE in the PS3 scene world is heating up as the world's famous Team Cobra behind the Cobra-USB dongle is now going to be producing an Cobra-ODE for playing all your backup PS3 Blu-Ray Game Disc Images directly from any HDD without the need to have your PS3 console on 'custom firmware', which they claim will be 'most advanced PS3 Optical Drive Emulator' ever.

No more information is available at the moment, except what is on their official websites, but stay tuned as we bring you more exclusive news!"

His latest spin doctor attempt: "To the three people and dozens more that will reply causing a 'flame war'. Answer me this, how can HARDWARE be free? An ODE is not a DRM dongle it is interface between the ps3 and blu-ray drive, making the PS3 think it is talking to the actual blu-ray drive, not HDD, allowing you to use ORIGINAL FIRMWARE.

Even if the 'scene' released the info for FREE on how to do this, like the Glitch'ing on the X360, you would still have to build a PCBoard, buy the parts and solder it together, and flash an asic with the code, it might be little cheaper but still would cost money.

There is already CFW for FREE, this device is just another option for those wishing to play backups using OFW. No one is forcing you to read this topic or buy this hardware. Again it is not dongle. -- As for updating the firmware for cobra-usb dongle, i heard it was in the works, not sure if any update, i will ask."

Needless to say, those who preach about additional hardware being required to play PS3 games (silly wabbits ) with the advent of PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware a few years ago have vested interests in profiting from it. The same sheep who bought into TB will be suckered into this device that will mysteriously disappear once they cash in on the new fad they are peddling and then release free PS3 scene game cracks under various pseudonyms. In a nutshell: don't fall for these con-artists, save your money and wait for free PS3 scene solutions instead.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

cobra-ode.jpg  

MultiMAN v04.14.03 Stealth (20121204) is Released

Today deank has released multiMAN version 04.14.03 Stealth (20121204) for those interested, with details below as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (APP_HOME - 18.55 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #3) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #4) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #5) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #6) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #7) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #8) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #9) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #10) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #11) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #12)

For 4.30CFW ROGERO version 2.03:

How to install:

Method #1:
    • Copy installPKG.pkg and report_data.txt to the root of a USB stick/drive
    • Install "installPKG", reboot, install from the bubble
    • Start [* Install Package Files] standalone from the icon in XMB (not from /app_home)
    • It should look as in the screenshot
    • Press [START] to "Update and Load Stealth multiMAN"

Method #2:
    • Rename report_data.txt to anyFileName.self and Copy to USB stick or PS3 HDD
    • Use multiMAN mmOS, locate the file and double-click on it
    • mM stealth will install and start

Once you booted stealth mM at least once you can safely delete the 'regular' mM from XMB if you wish. You can delete the standalone [* Install Package Files] application from XMB if you wish.

How to load the stealth multiMAN:

1) Restart your PS3
    2) Go go /app_home (which will change to the last game you loaded or to [* Install Package Files]) and press [X]
    3) If you hold [SELECT] pressed it will load stealth multiMAN directly.

The updated [* Install Package Files] supports the stealth multiMAN and you can launch it by pressing [SELECT].

The stealth multiMAN supports online update which doesn't require PKG file installation and is a seamless process.

Q: Why is it stealth?
    A:
    • It is not present in XMB (not present in /dev_hdd0/game/*) but spawned in /dev_hdd0/tmp/game_repo/ instead
    • Each time the /app_home (* Install Package Files) gets different TITLE ID and TITLE NAME
    • Every time you load a game it will change the TITLE of /app_home thus not looking suspicious
    • You can use mM while your XMB looks totally OFW (with no homebrew installed which may be detected)

I know that there are users on other than 4.30CFW firmwares that would also love to have the stealthMAN so I prepared an example PKG file.

It is for 03.40-04.30CFW and for those of you who LOVE to create non-working mM stealth versions with different title ids

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (BASIC - 22.03 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #3)

The package file contains:
    • EBOOT.BIN
    • data

If you wish to create your own stealth version, repack the pkg with your changes to the PARAM.SFO / CONTENT-ID. Do not modify "data" file! Any stealth version will be able to update online and is 100% compatible/feature-like the standard mM. Still, the best way to be really stealth is to be on 4.30CFW ROGERO ver 2.03 and use the stealth version above.

I try to support any reliable firmwares out there and these are 3.41/KMEAW/REBUG/ROGERO, no matter what the version/CFW is.

mM works on all - it is that some firmwares give some cool stuff and other firmwares give you some other. If you're a gamer - go for 4.30... If you're a 'tweaker' - use 4.21 REX. I'm on 4.21 REX but it doesn't mean anything, because I don't really have games or time to play.

Finally, from CaptainCPS-X: I have found something but I don't know if you could fix this issue, whenever I run stealth multiMAN from the new Install Package (not standalone) and I quit back to XMB I cannot access the "Install Package" option on the XMB again until I reboot the PS3.

Hope it can be fixed, thanks in advance! PS3 Model: CECH-E01 (BC / NAND) FW: Rogero CFW 4.30 (v2.03). Btw, the bug is not a permanent one, it happens when the following conditions are met:

1- After installing the new multiMAN Stealth and launching it at least once.
    2- Remove multiMAN from XBM as recommended in the readme.
    3- Remove the Standalone "Install Package" from XMB.
    4- Load the new updated "Install Packages" from "app_home"
    5- Load multiMAN by pressing "select"
    6- Quit multiMAN normally

Now, everytime you do step 4 to 6 you will end up in the XMB without being able to access the "Install Packages" from "app_home" anymore. Unless of course you reboot the PS3, when you do that the "Install Package" will be mounted back to "app_home".

From deank: It is not a bug and that's how it works because /app_home can be either used by a game or the build-in [* Install Package Files]. The only thing I can change is to 'remount' [* IPF] if you quit mM without loading a game.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (18.54 MB)

You can start stealthMAN while holding L2+R2 to go to debug mode and then update from within the app.
    • "Do you want to enable [* Install Package Files] in /app_home?" prompt will appear when you try to quit mM
    • When downloading game updates after download completes it will open the menu to select PKG files for queuing

NEWNEWNNEW.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can I put in a request to DeanK for MultiMan. Can you restore the 8x4 screen to the way it always was as the new way is crap. You can no longer press O then quit, its got extra icons that crash the system (disc icon with no disc in the drive) and a huge refresh icon, its not needed.

I've just downgraded to 4.13 as all 4.14 so far has problems. The USB refresh when you choose a game and the 8x4 screen problems was enough for me to downgrade and not want to update till they are fixed. 4.14 does have some bugs fixed that 4.13 has but these problems out way the little bugs.

And HOW can I get it to stop telling me there is an update? I'm not going to update so I don't want to see that message everytime I load it up.

MultiMAN v04.14.04 CEX and Stealth / StealthMAN (20121205) Released

Today deank has updated multiMAN to version v04.14.04 for both CEX and Stealth / stealthMAN (20121205) with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] (3 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (18.54 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (1.76 MB) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links] by winch03200

Changelog:
    • Added support for fixing 80010009 errors for games with updates (like FIFA 2013 v 1.04)
    • mM will check the game backup, the installed update (on internal HDD and in GAMEI on external USB HDD)
    • It will 'fix' all .self/.sprx files and EBOOT.BIN
    • This feature allows you to 'fix' game updates even if you play from the original BD game disc (install the update, load the game from the [disc] icon in mM and it will check if you have installed incompatible updates and will fix it)
    • This function works only for 4.21-4.30CFW
    • Added support for installing PKG files from NTFS drives in mmOS
    • Added support for installing game updates after download on 4.30CFW ROGERO 2.03
    • Improved display of game titles in all modes (no double refresh/redraw)
    • Fixed covers issue in 8x4 display mode

For the stealth version (stealthMAN) update online or:
    • Extract the RAR archive and copy report_data.txt to a USB stick/hdd
    • Update/Install from [* Install Package Files]

I'm compiling the latest Showtime which will be available for update online a bit later and it is also compatible with the stealthMAN (if regular mM is not installed).

I'll add a link for the BASE stealth version which will import all the settings from the regular multiMAN (if you didn't already delete it) - options.bin/ini/showtime settings and plugins. It will only work for first-time users of stealthMAN or if you delete stealthMAN via FTP while in [* Install Package Files] and use the new report_data.txt which will be available soon.

Showtime 4.1.272 for mM available for online update for all mM versions.

Showtime Standalone (CEX) Download: [Register or Login to view links] (6.31 MB)

Showtime Standalone (DEX) Download: [Register or Login to view links] (6.37 MB)

Here is something some of you may find useful: Some of you used "Network Servers" option in "Settings" to connect to a PC running ps3netsrv to copy files, play ROMs, play music or view pictures. Now it is possible to connect to ANOTHER PS3 (running mM 04.15.00) be it in your local LAN or anywhere in the world.
    • You can copy/share data with another PS3 if the 'server' PS3 is running mM 04.15.00 and the 'client' PS3 can be using mM 04.00.00 or later.
    • You can backup games directly from the BD Disc of the server PS3, view photos, play music, install PKG files, copy games, access all devices connected to the server PS3, if you're on cobra cfw you can even play PS1/PS3 games or Blu-ray/DVD movies stored on the server PS3.
    • You can transfer game backups, movies and data from one PS3 to another without a USB drive or PC.

All in all - you can transfer/share data between to PS3s on CFW via the /net_host feature of multiMAN.

Just a side note... While improving the /net_host features to connect to a PC or/and other PS3 systems, I made a step further and added 'remote control' which allows you to interact with another PS3 running mM via remote screen. Remote screen can be full-screen or 'minimized' like in the screenshot (the minimized window is updated in real time)

It means that you connect to a friend's PS3 and help him if you're more experienced with mM or just have fun controlling your other PS3s in the house. Both sides must run compatible multiMAN versions (04.15.00 or later).

p.s. All /net_host communications are enhanced and fast - it is now possible to browse a remote PC with over 2000 ROMs/pictures/videos from the game modes (or mmOS) in a flash. Loading retro ROM covers is now greatly improved and loading remote folders is done in one pass like in early mM versions so browsing is seamless over network (to a PS3 or a PC). So many things in 04.15.00 to follow...

rc1xm.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I recently updated from kmeaw 3.55 to rogero 4.30 v2.03 in order to install the multiman stealth update. Before this release, I read that ps ninja was still being used in order to achieve stealth while online. But now since multiman finally has this feature, is having this alone (meaning updating to latest multiman and incorporating the stealth update AND not installing it) enough to be pretty much safe online?

Please advise. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News