Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the switch for games seems to be bugged. when i select "get bdemu titles" he loads around 1 minute, then he auto select the game in the first slot and shows that all other slots are empty"

i have a Samsung G2 portable with 640gb, 10slots created through open bd manager and 4 games in the first slots.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have to see it to believe it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I havent updated my MM for a while - the latest version I can find is mmCM v04.03.02 BASE (20120606)

I see a few pages back multiMAN 04.05.07 DEX Base (20120910)... is this one ONLY for DEX consoles or can I install on my 3.55 CFW.

I been a few pages back but everything seems to be DEX - is this what everyone is using now?

Thanks

The latest version for MM is 5.0 if you are using CEX. The latest version for DEX is 5.0.7, I think.

A lot of people are using DEX because it allows you to play games without patching but you lose a lot of homebrew apps.

MultiMAN v04.06.00 is Released, Adds Support for PS3 4.21 CFW

While everyone is awaiting further details on PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware 4.21 from the Red Power Team, today multiMAN was updated to version 04.06.00 followed by v04.06.01 adding PS3 4.21 CFW support among the changes outlined below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

What's new in multiMAN 04.06.00:
    • multiMAN celebrates 2 years. CONGRATULATIONS!
    • Added support for 4.21CFW (CEX) (syscall 6-10 required):
    • "Standard" BD-Emulator option (sc36) (Hermes not supported yet)
    • Direct Disc Access (LV1&LV2 patched for Storage Manager access)
    • Raw access to optical media (PS1 backups & Showtime access to BD/DVD/CDs)
    • BD-Movie Region Changer
    • BD-Mirror for INT/EXT games

! Not fully tested with Red Power's 4.21CFW (Hermes payload used and syscall 1021 required)

What's new in multiMAN 04.06.01:
    • Added support for 4.21CFW (DEX) (syscalls 6-7 required):
    • "Standard" BD-Emulator option (sc36)
    • BD-Mirror for external / USB games

Finally, below are some related comments on the multiMAN v04.06.00 update as follows:

From Lightyear: multiMAN has supported 4.21 for a LONG time. now it's just CEX 4.21 support... it's really not that different. and deank releasing mm that supports 4.21 does NOT mean a completely 3rd party scene group is working on a new 4.21 CFW! they are not even working with dean... they have their own backup manager, according to their posts. *facepalm*

FWIW, multiman automatically worked on 4.21... dean didn't change anything to make that happen. someone just tested it out and realized it worked. just like PSX support. that was just a native thing that someone just "discovered" was working one day.

From deank: I see no mentions of DEX in the "What's new"/change log, quite the contrary. And - no - the mM update server is not hacked.

I just woke up and read some posts about some chinese shtty dongle for 4.21... Just to make it clear - the mM update has nothing to do with it and doesn't need a dongle if used with 4.21cfw. It is a pure speculation I guess, because there are a lot of people around who won't allow another dongle to surface anyway. I don't believe that their dongle (which I doubt it exists at all) will see the light of any day!

Why do you ask me about their stuff? I don't know any of them nor do I know what they're going to do. Someone leaked a file from their 'promo system' (the eboot.bin they use to launch that old multiMAN version), I took a look at it, I saw what patches they use for 4.21 and implemented some of them in mM and added syscall36. As simple as that - that way nothing is hidden in 'their system/manager' and is available in the regular public mM version. I know for sure that their firmware uses hermes because I saw how the payload and stuff is loaded in that leaked eboot.bin, hence I mentioned it in mM's changelog.

I already posted what I think few pages back. In addition to that - I think it will be a huge mistake if they decide to sell dongles.

I added some additional checks to make mM recognize when it is running on peek/poke-enabled 4.21CFW. Then it adds syscall36 just like it does on 3.55, which means that games should work without patching.

When asked why update MM to a hypothetical 4.21 his reply was quite arrogantly: Because I can, no other reason.

Also from deank when asked why 4.21 CFW support was listed if not fully tested yet: Ah, just don't tell me what and where I should put.

Finally a few weeks later he partially comes clean, revealing what used to be open source code and making the following statement for those interested.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well... According to Lightyear: multiman has supported 4.21 for a LONG time. now it's just cex 4.21 support... it's really not that different. and deank releasing mm that supports 4.21 does NOT mean a completely 3rd party scene group is working on a new 4.21 cfw! they are not even working with dean... they have their own backup manager, according to their posts. *facepalm*

FWIW, multiman automatically worked on 4.21... dean didn't change anything to make that happen. someone just tested it out and realized it worked. just like PSX support. that was just a native thing that someone just "discovered" was working one day.

From deank: I see no mentions of DEX in the "What's new"/change log, quite the contrary. And - no - the mM update server is not hacked.

I just woke up and read some posts about some chinese shtty dongle for 4.21... Just to make it clear - the mM update has nothing to do with it and doesn't need a dongle if used with 4.21cfw. It is a pure speculation I guess, because there are a lot of people around who won't allow another dongle to surface anyway. I don't believe that their dongle (which I doubt it exists at all) will see the light of any day!

Because I can, no other reason.

Why do you ask me about their stuff? I don't know any of them nor do I know what they're going to do. Someone leaked a file from their 'promo system' (the eboot.bin they use to launch that old multiMAN version), I took a look at it, I saw what patches they use for 4.21 and implemented some of them in mM and added syscall36. As simple as that - that way nothing is hidden in 'their system/manager' and is available in the regular public mM version. I know for sure that their firmware uses hermes because I saw how the payload and stuff is loaded in that leaked eboot.bin, hence I mentioned it in mM's changelog.

I already posted what I think few pages back. In addition to that - I think it will be a huge mistake if they decide to sell dongles.

I added some additional checks to make mM recognize when it is running on peek/poke-enabled 4.21CFW. Then it adds syscall36 just like it does on 3.55, which means that games should work without patching.

Finally a few weeks later he partially comes clean, revealing what used to be open source code and stating: Well, just in case anything is withheld, here is what I added to multiMAN - original code-parts by flukes1 and netkas (3.55FW) and --- and --- and wtfc (whothefckcares), modified by me (dean) to suit the BETTER/FUTURE/BLABLABLA/FIRMWARES:

[Register or Login to view code]

and DEX 4.21...

[Register or Login to view code]

That's about it... Hopefully it won't take 6 months to prepare a STATEMENT or whatever...

D

p.s. WELL DONE KAMUI KOBAIASHI! GOOD JOB MATE!
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

35mm73q.jpg   fp1dmx.jpg   yQwJ9.jpg   68c8pc.jpg  

Today is I updated to the new version of MultiMAN. Surprisingly, I found the following ...

What's new in multiMAN 04.06 ?

Red Power 4.21 CFW support

OMG!! This is really true now! Nothing to say, just wait....

so is this like an unofficial official confirmation of red power's cfw? if he hasn't tried it, he shouldn't put that line in the update...

Ah, just don't tell me what and where I should put.

Sponsored Links

Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News