Below are some Cobra updates for those with the dongle:
Download: http://www.cobra-usb.com/downloads/Cobra-USB_Firmware_v4.4.rar / http://www.cobra-usb.com/downloads/Cobra-USB_PSP-Launcher_v2.0.rar / mmCM v03.01.02 Full (20120103)
To quote from their page: 03 - 01 - 2012
Update of Cobra USB firmware, Cobra PSP Launcher and mmCM focused on improving the compatibility of the psp emulator.
Changelog of Cobra USB 4.4 and Cobra PSP Launcher 2.0:
- Added specific support for the following 15 psp games that either crashed or had critical gameplay issues:
BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT II
DJMAX PORTABLE 3
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean The Video Game
LUNAR: SILVER STAR HARMONY
SMT: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
STAR OCEAN: First Departure
TEKKEN 6 (fixed random crashes)
The 3rd Birthday ((if you see a black screen at beginning, press buttons, it will work after that)
White Knight Chronicles: Origins
Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman
- Added support to load prometheus patched psp isos.
- Added an option for psp emulation. You can set it per game in multiman using "Game settings".
You can choose between auto, mode 1 and mode 2. By default, all games are set to auto, what causes mmCM to choose the apropiated setting from a database, but you can set the option manually.
Mode 1 and Mode 2 have different compatibility, some games that work in one of them won't work in the other one. Mode 2 is usually more compatible.
Changelog of mmCM 03.01.02:
- Added support for three different modes to load PSP ISO files (Auto, Mode 1, Mode 2): "Game Settings" in XMMB/XBDM SIDE menu
- Added support for lastGAME application - it will load the last game you played, without entering mmCM
- lastGAME: Application which loads the last played PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP game (folder and ISO format) (separate application)
- bdRESET : Application which resets all redirections and unmounts loaded ISO images (separate application)
- Note: When you use "Last Played Game" application you will have to launch the PS1/PS2/PS3 game from the disc icon and the PSP game from the "PSP Launcher" icon
Related news from the Cobra Team: 05 - 01 - 2012
About the problems some users are having in 4.4... Some users have notified us that after update to cobra 4.4, their system freezes when starting the system with cobra inserted. In cobra 4.4, some internal changes were made, and cobra 4.4 is not longer compatible with some modified system files.
Users that have this issue likely flashed some unsupported modules in the system, either by themselves or done automatically by some program. In addition to cobra CFW 3.55 modules, Cobra firmware 4.4 officially give supports to the following commonly used modifications:
- the modifications done by bitsbubba in bitsbubba NFW v3
- replacement of vsh.self by reactpsn 2.0 one (only the one in the 3.55k folder)
Any other alteration to system modules may cause a hang since cobra 4.4. To fix this problem, access recovery menu in the ps3, without cobra inserted, and reflash Cobra USB CFW or the modificied CFW by bitsbubba NFW v3.
If you wish that we give support to some more modified modules, send us a message about it and we'll give support to them in next version.