Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cheap PS2 to PS3 Guitar Hero 3 Adapter Arrives

Sponsored Links
    I did this cheap PS2 to PS3 Guitar Hero 3 adapter a few months back, but only about a month after I bought my PS3.

So, I bought my ps3, with GH3+guitar. I made a custom PS2 guitar a while back so I thought it would be nice to use with the PS3. A cheapoo PS2-usb adapter worked with the controllers, but not with the guitar.

To not start from scratch, I found a PS2-USB adaper at [Register or Login to view links] but needed some "finetune" to work as a guitar.

First: mine only support one controller/adapter

Second: the HID descriptor had to be modified (copied what was possible - due to limitations of slow USB device class)

I've dumped the descriptor of my guitar so you can experiment with it, if you want. Download: USB HID_gh3_n2.rar

And at last: added a code to switch the controller to analog mode, so the whammy should work too. (you can connect before or after the adapter is powered, no special combo needed)

Source, binary and etc (avs include absolute path!) Download: Source.rar

Results: the adapter works great, fast, virtually no lag BUT i was unable to identify why the star-power is in constant active state :s

P.S.: it only works with PS2 GH controller (or analog controller with constanly pressed left D-Pad)

Cheap PS2 to PS3 Guitar Hero 3 Adapter Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Very nice job CodeKiller! I moved it to the Site News so more people can see it and +Rep to you as well!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nice job! I've seen a lot of deals where PS2 sets are going for much cheaper than their PS3 equivalents.

Now if only you could convert my Wii guitars to work on PS3...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If I'm not wrong there is an adapter to convert Wii guitar to PS3. you can find it if you search a bit on Google. It's called Cross Play and is designed by Datel. Don't know how well it works though...

Also there is an adapter to do this job (ps2-to-ps3) by pelican but if you are more of a DIY, or can't found the retail ones, you can give it a try.

Codekiller i wish i could give you a metal for this because thats awesome (i wonder if we could wire over ps2 controllers over the same way?) if i hadnt imported the adapter along with the memorycard reader when i first bought the ps3 i would probably be jumping all over this and trying it out myself.

Arrow

The Universal PS2 to PS3 Adapter from TAC works perfectly. The one from Pelican is garbage.

[Register or Login to view links]

this is pretty nice, i'm looking forward to getting some more use out of my ps2 guitars. does this also work for rock band/ guitar hero world tour drum kits?

Question

my wireless receiver is broken, will be possible make a wired guitar based on a dual shock controller? is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by caixaveloz View Post
    my wireless receiver is broken, will be possible make a wired guitar based on a dual shock controller? is this possible?
    well.. as far as the star power problem doesn't bother you...

Quote Originally Posted by maxman94 View Post
    this is pretty nice, i'm looking forward to getting some more use out of my ps2 guitars. does this also work for rock band/ guitar hero world tour drum kits?
    Sorry, but i don't have infos about any of these 'instruments'. If you can find/provide me the the HID descriptors and PS2 button-assignment of these, i can do a modified verison of the code.
    Last edited by CodeKiller; 04-27-2010 at 09:27 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News