Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Transient View Post
    From what I understand, when you install an update, it actually restarts and boots the update version of the firmware in the same way that USB loader lets us boot firmware off a USB drive.
    Yes, but it boots the update data from hdd0, and updates the flashes as needed, but if the flash is redirected to usb its updating the firmware currently on the usb and never touching the flash.

As soon as the ps3 restarts in update mode you can flip the power switch, when you turn the console back on after that it will reattempt the update. That gives us a chance to boot with a payload that allows the flash->usb redirection.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    But.. you can't have another usb connected at the same time that the jailbreak device.. (mapping to a folder on the hdd?)

P.D.: Sorry for my english

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm confused. Can someone decrypt the first post in layman terms? What does this exactly do?

Essentially it makes your PS3 think that the stuff on a USB stick, is actually on its flash, which lets you help play w/ objects in its flash without fear of breaking something!

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    mkv support would rule.
    Is mkv support that necessary with PS3 media center avalible? it works really well...

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilsdj View Post
    Is mkv support that necessary with PS3 media center avalible? it works really well...
    It would be nice to have the application running on the PS3 with it's own custom interface. I use PS3MS myself and it is pretty good, however there are drawbacks. Namely scanning for new files on share drives is a little wonky. It's sometimes quicker to reboot PS3 MS in order to see new files. Also there is the lag that is takes to transcode and the occasional hiccup in 1080p playback.

A local ap could have a local buffer and use that to enable good 1080p over wireless. Also I would love to have the XBMC interface. scrolling with R/L being able to easily FF through intros, etc.

transcoding is the worst thing you can do for hd content, it destroys the quality.

Wink

This thread is about the CFW Loader not a cfw itself. So talking about transcoding or supported extensions for the cfw are totally OFF TOPIC.

nice, if it works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfwprophet View Post
    This thread is about the CFW Loader not a cfw itself. So talking about transcoding or supported extensions for the cfw are totally OFF TOPIC.
    sir can we load any firmware in ps3.. like ps3hen dump 4.00 and 4.11 .. or 3.55

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News