Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Nah, no need for email. Just download the IRC client from [Register or Login to view links] and install it, then connect to any EFnet server in the list, join #ps3news and then /msg CJPC there and wait for a reply.

If you can't do that on your own, you don't belong in the Dev room sorry. That is as simple as it gets.

If you have connection issues you will need to use your own brain and read the MIRC Web site for help, use their support sections/FAQ, e-mail them, etc. That isn't something we should be spoonfeeding potential "Devs" here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any larger EFNET server will work, in MIRC you can set it to connect to a random EFNET server.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In order to write an image for BD Emulator the (c) utility is required. That utility is for the BD image creation but it can transfer an image to a BD Emulator HDD also.

Futhermore, it's strange that the BD Emulator setting returns to BD Drive after each boot (firmware 2.15) since I have been told the setting doesn't return to default value with firmware 2.00 (even when the USB storage device is diconnected).

Yeah, it is something with your unit, as with mine once the BD-EMU is enabled to USB, it stays on until I shut it off!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah, it is something with your unit, as with mine once the BD-EMU is enabled to USB, it stays on until I shut it off!
    It seems OOKAMIDJ has the same problem ... and I'm not sure we fully understand each other.

When I change that setting to BD Drive the XMB displays message that the setting will take effect after restart so I shutdown my console and then turn it on - at this moment the setting came back to BD Drive while other guy told me he has no such problem with 2.00 firmware (it looks like he doesn't use firmware 2.15).

It might be a bug, or something in the detection of the BD-EMU drive, as in if its not detected plugged in on first boot, then it might decide to revert (if it is not hooked up).

excuse me friends i donot understand.
    you say with this firmware i can play game iso ps3?
    or play image bd movie ?

or this firmware can just make bd emu drive?

sorry for my bad english
    thank you

Arrow

We only allow "bad english" in the PS3 Newbie Chat Forum takavach, but since I can follow you- to answer your question:

With a TEST/Debug PS3 you can run PS3 backup image files that are patched and extracted (not .iso format) to the HDD... and no, Blu-ray movies do not work on PS3 TEST/Debug consoles. There are several Site News articles detailing this, so I suggest you check the main page under "Recent PS3 Dev News" in the right margin.

Additionally, CJPC already explained that in order to use the BD-EMU with this Firmware you must also possess the required (c) Sony $DK files which we are NOT allowed to discuss here.

my friends ps3news, forgive me for my questions but i confused...

what is this patch ? is this key from the orginal disk or something else?

Well, its a bit complicated to follow, but what happens is:

The EBOOT.BIN on the disc is encrypted twice. There is the ELF, which is encrypted to the SELF, which is yet encrypted again to put on the disc. This second encryption is on every file in the PS3_GAME/USRDIR path.

The patch and method that is needed on the eboot.bin is as follows. First the original is backed up to a PC, followed by playing the original. While the game is running, we dump the game's memory.

Once the games memory is dumped, we have the fully decrypted EBOOT.BIN, then it needs to be manually reassembled- which is quite a pain. Once that is done, some offsets are patched.

Then it is resigned for a development unit, which is then burnt to a disc, or mastered to a USB HDD.

Any questions, just ask!

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News