Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

BGRMods Announces IntensaFire Controller Modification for PS3

Sponsored Links
    Today BGRMods.com (linked above) has announced their new IntensaFire controller modification for use with DS3 wireless controllers on Sony's PS3 entertainment system.

For FPS addicts who don't consider it cheating, the IntensaFire controller modifies PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 (Model #CECHZC2U) wireless controllers, allowing them to transform to a rapid-fire controller.

Benefits include: Rapid-fire R1, R2, L1 and the "X" button, along with dual-rapid fire, 8-mode sleeper, works in all PS3 controllers, easy installation, 3-customizable user programmer-mode, does not require a more powerful battery, and easy to program for all future games.

Finally, they have [Register or Login to view links] available online in PDF format, and below is the official press release.

Press Release: PS3 INTENSAFIRE

From the minds of gamers. We saw a need in the gaming market. Console and accessory customization is a large part of the gaming world. The problem was that gamers buy mod kits for their controllers only to find out they were too complex to assemble themselves. So we partnered with an engineering team to get a product to the gamers that eliminates the technical curve, and offers more than the standard mod kit does.

What does it do?

The PS3 INTENSAFIRE enhances the newer PS3 Dual Shock 3 controllers allowing them to transform to rapid fire controllers. The 8-mode sleeper settings, include rapid fire to the R1, R2 and "X" buttons. There are 8 total modes with 5 preset modes and 3 user customizable programmable modes.

It uses the D-Pad to toggle modes, and on and off. Usable in all PS3 Games, including gamer favorites: KillZone 2, The Call of Duty series, BattleField Bad Company 2, and other current and future first person shooter and fighting games. The IntensaFIRE promises to bring your gaming to the next level.

How is it better?

Rapid-fire mod kits exist. The PS3 INTENSAFIRE however, is a complete user programmable rapid fire kit that you can install yourself... EASILY. There are controllers on the market, prefabricated, that do what the PS3 INTENSAFIRE offers, each controller going for well over $150.

We offer a kit that is extremely simple to install, taking no more than 2 minutes with no tools for less than half the cost of the prefabricated units.

Other mod kits require drilling, wiring, gluing, and deconstruction of your controllers. The PS3 INTENSAFIRE is a snap on clip that needs none of the above tools. Connect the PS3 INTENSAFIRE flex board to the controller and you're ready to go!

Bonus: You get two free LED's to customize your controller that go in with just a clip. You have the option to change these LED's in the middle of a match; its that easy to do!

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    verry cool, from the usermanual it makes it look like its plug and play no soldering required...

still kinda fuzzy on exactly how it works after installed though...
    Last edited by laggmaster; 05-14-2010 at 02:07 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i hope that all future fps games come with code that limits firing rates to make mods like this useless. kind of like what iw did with mw2, they limited the fire rate of the fal to prevent cheaters from using rapid fire controllers. anyone thinking about buying one of these needs to stick to gaming on the 360. glitching and cheating is expected on the 360, not the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by inginear View Post
    i hope that all future fps games come with code that limits firing rates to make mods like this useless. kind of like what iw did with mw2, they limited the fire rate of the fal to prevent cheaters from using rapid fire controllers. anyone thinking about buying one of these needs to stick to gaming on the 360. glitching and cheating is expected on the 360, not the ps3.
    and with the release of a modchip like this that is a very probable future... this chip does not only be used for rapid fire on fps games, i could see people programing in combos on games like superstreetfighter4 ( its a game i mostly see people button mash in anyways)... you never know it could help find an exploit to hack the ps3 (through the controller that would keep sony from messing with our code for about a second).

Thumbs Up

If any Member or Senior Member here would like to review the PS3 IntensaFire Controller Modification for our site, let me know in the next few days and I will pass along your shipping info to the company to send one out. We only need (1) reviewer so it will be first come, first serve basically but only to Member or Senior Member class users.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    If any Member or Senior Member here would like to review the PS3 IntensaFire Controller Modification for our site, let me know in the next few days and I will pass along your shipping info to the company to send one out. We only need (1) reviewer so it will be first come, first serve basically but only to Member or Senior Member class users.
    actually I need a controller for the 60GB ps3 I have. I got it broken, fixed it and have been using a keyboard since.

I could do this

oops wait it's only the mod, however still this does sound interesting, since I will have my own controller saturday.
    Last edited by ionbladez; 05-26-2010 at 03:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    however still this does sound interesting, since I will have my own controller saturday.
    OK, if you end up getting the controller this weekend to install this in let me know and we'll go from there ionbladez.

ok, I got my controller a bit early, ;] just got back from work. have myself a dualshock 3 in pretty much pristine condition.

let me know what I need to do.

Actually, I have 4 Sixaxis and Dual-Shock controllers, two of each, from both 2007 (launch) and 2009-2010 production models, to give you a broader test scope if interested. I'd be happy to swap back and forth among them to test it out.

I will definitely keep you in mind tripellex... but in the meantime, if you can mail me a shipping addy ionbladez then I will forward it to our IntensaFire contact to send the sample out to ya for review.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News