Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Ben Heck's Ruggedized PlayStation 3 Suitcase Mod is Unveiled

Sponsored Links
    Today Engadget.com (linked above) reposts that video game console modder [Register or Login to view links] has unveiled his latest ruggedized, self-contained PlayStation 3 suitcase modification in [Register or Login to view links].

The military-grade PlayStation 3 is intended for use in Afghanistan, and features a 22? LCD screen, built-in speakers, TV tuner, network switch and storage compartment.

Some pictures of it are below, and to quote: "The military-grade portable gaming system was designed and built for a couple working with the military overseas, and it's Pelican's iM2600 Store Case there on the outside keeping things safe and secure from flying shrapnel.

As Ben always does, he managed to carefully place an entire PS3 console deep within the confines of the enclosure, and he even threw in an integrated LCD into the lid to prevent any additional external hookups. Generator equals gametime, as they say."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks good, great mod, but I think it will overheat when used, good luck Ben Heck!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Vert nice!

It seems to be a little heavy, but it's good!

That mod would be a nice thing to have in some colder climates. In a case like that I can't imagine the heat it would give off. PS3/Warming Station. LOL

Nice work tho.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing concerning heat issues! Also you will need to remove the ps3 from the case each time to swap discs! It's a good means of transporting your PS3 and the mod looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by crud26 View Post
    Also you will need to remove the ps3 from the case each time to swap discs!
    did you miss the sliding door on the top? if you watch the video where he builds it, you will see how easy it is to insert and eject discs.

That looks pretty cool. I've seen similar mods done on the 360, but I think this is the first time I've seen it done on the PS3. You can take it anywhere, open it up and just plug it in and you're ready to go.

did you see ben's previous ps3 laptops? he's made two that i can remember, one with the original form factor ps3, and one with the new form factor ps3. (fat and slim in layman's terms)

i think it's ugly, that laptop was waay nicer.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News