Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Registered User RadioactiveSoup's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

Belzar PS3 Modchip BETA Testing Rumored to Be Completed

Sponsored Links
    Update: It's now confirmed as a fake, see HERE for details.

According to their Web site (linked above), Beta testing on the alleged Belzar PS3 Modchip is now complete, they have a fully working PS3 modchip and are ready to manufacture.

Of course, Hacktronics (same company) have also stated the Infectus Team is confirming the Belzar PS3 Modchip, however, the Infectus Admin Arakon [Register or Login to view links] to their claim as follows:

"I'm quite sure it's fake. For years, noone got ANYTHING working on the ps3, and all of a sudden a company noone really knows supposedly has a chip ready that does EVERYTHING? No small steps, noone finding anything at all, just a chip out of nowhere that has every possible function? Highly unlikely."

From the Belzar update, to quote: "Belzar has finished beta testing, we have now sent the info and working chip to our manufacturers, and should be receiving a sample of the final retail product tomorrow, at which time we will take pictures, and place them on our site.

The retail product will come in 2 different versions, the Belzar Modchip, and the Belzar modchip lite, the only difference is that the lite version does not come with the USB interface to upgrade the firmware in the future, although it will come fully functional straight out of the box. Pricing and pictures to be released soon, Belzar.com"

Belzar PS3 Modchip BETA Testing Rumored to Be Completed

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I approved this even though it's basically a rehash of what is posted in THIS thread, only because not everyone checks the Forums here.

That being said, I believe what the Infectus Admin Arakon stated myself... and from looking at both the Belzar and Hacktronics Web sites to me it appears like they are just trying to get link juice/ranking for certain keywords (PS3 Modchip, etc) through the spread of these BS news updates on sites like ours, QJ and so on... probably to flip for a profit to some company.

Of course I could be wrong, which is why we'll still cover the updates... but if they don't produce more proof than a stolen "installation video" (that doesn't even mention the Belzar Modchip) soon then it's safe to say their scheme is bound to backfire in the near future.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just take your time and if indeed a scam they will probably have a preorder list of several weeks to scam people. When its here it will be here for everybody.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "I'm quite sure it's fake. For years, noone got ANYTHING working on the ps3, and all of a sudden a company noone really knows supposedly has a chip ready that does EVERYTHING? No small steps, noone finding anything at all, just a chip out of nowhere that has every possible function? Highly unlikely."
    Another lame argument. What does the person who said that expect to happen when everyone is so secretive about what they are doing to try to hack the ps3? Odds are high that a hack will come from nowhere with no obvious baby steps, because I am sure not many ppl are aware of others (outside of ps3news) hacking the ps3 and do not get regular updates on how it is going.

I am, again, not saying its true but not being able to understand how its possible or not being willing to accept anything short of a fully documented daily updated hacking process does not make it fake.... even if it most likely is Also arguing the lack of a hack for so long as a reason just means you dont ever expect a hack to come from anyone other than sony
    Last edited by semitope; 08-26-2009 at 06:11 PM

Doesn't anyone else find it very unlikely that they send off the "chip" to be set for manufacuring and they will have a retail version the next day?!? These processes take WAY longer than 24 hours.

@DrMaxim, I find the whole thing highly unlikely.
    Iīm lol at this whole Belzar thing. The Belzar and Belzar lite is a nice twist.

So Infectus is supposed to confirm it but the Adm. has never heard of it, lol. nice.
    unfortunately until itīs proven 100% fake it will still get peoples curiosity and maintain insterest. I guess thatīs why these jokers come up with these things.

hmmm

This modchip thing reminds me of Monday spoilers for one piece...

they usually have something, a decent number of people want, with enough realism for people to be able to take stock in them, without going so far to seem like a fan fest... like this week there was a picture of 1 character FINALLY attacking, and implied death... both of which are unlike normal story flow...

40% or so of the people, automatically call it fake, because its monday... or it isnt normal "there cant be a ps3 modchip" "it cant do all of that" "ive never heard of these people, its AUTOMATICALLY a hoax you idiots" etc...

40% of the people, believe in this, for whatever reason "someone has to hack it sooner or later..." "does this mean custom firmware is on the way?!", etc

10% of the people, talk about how they will wait for a trusted source... "ps3 boss didnt get into it... must be fake" "infectious will confirm or confirm it fake... WAIT FOR THEM!"

and finally 10% of the people just ignore everything, and wait for the solid facts or wait for the system to become useless in area like trophy =\

personally... there is tons of reasons to not take stock in this...

1) the site looked ugly, had poor spelling "blueray"..., and terms were quite vague I seriously doubt they can get ps2 on EVERY ps3, if sony cant themself (though we might see emulation thats different...)

2) It doesnt give any solid proof it exists, besides words... now ive talked to people whom have theories, but these people dont give anything past a list of what people want *i was waiting for cross game chatting or something to also be added =P*

3) I didnt see any instructions for use of the chip... since people will need backups, and a way to boot them properly... even lesser chips mention everything required to do it =\

4) of these "50" people whom got in... ive seen ZERO info from any of them... which even if it was hush hush, now that its "in production" someone was bound to talk =\

etc =\

long story short, it might happen soon, it might not... but it will happen sooner or later =\

I see...

Did IDONE get any respond from belzar? they have to post a very good video showing the modchip working cause i think pictures wont cut it, it could be photoshopped. If this doen end up being real, sony will send an update to patch it for sure..

hmmm also says works on all models of the ps3.. does that include the ps3 slim? I bet not!

Thumbs Up

If its True all ps3 owners will be happy, if its Fake/scam/BS That will make Us too angry, sad and hopeless.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News