Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 68 of 447 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi Dean, what do you think of adding the ability to "mount" DVD iso file? is it possible?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

maybe i have a suggestion, i have over 70 Games on my External HDD. Ok no prob^^, but i takes a longer time to scroll down or up because everytime it takes some time to load the cover and/or background.

Can you change a thing that we can faster scroll down or up? Or/Also a Filter that i can choose A-Z. maybe i want Star Wars so i choose S^^

Can you make also a Mask where you can switch between Gamez, Moviez, Music etc? And if you have time, Also a Filter for Move Games? Also a Filter for Genre?

Those are just my suggestions^^ If you can make it, that would be really Great! btw your Manager is the best^^

A small answer if you think about it, would be also great^^ then i could wait happily... LOL.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can use LEFT and RIGHT d-pad buttons to scroll faster though your games. Covers if cached are read from internal HDD so speed cannot be improved.

I'm trying to implement network/share file transfer from the FILE MANAGER, so I performed few tests today using wireless and wired connections (through 100mbit router).

I created a small PC host application (just 40kb) to serve files to the PS3 via TCP/sockets. The tests so far are promising: ~1MB/sec for wireless and ~3MB/s for wired connection transfers. In other words a 700MB video file is transferred for 4 mins on a wired connection, which is quite good achievement. Still it is TWICE slower than the FTP over the same setup.

Here are the screenshots directly from multiMAN:

WIRED CONNECTION (100Mbit heavy used router/PC):

WIRELESS CONNECTION (54Mbit):

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

DSC00328_sm.JPG   DSC00326_sm.JPG   DSC00331_sm.JPG  
    Last edited by deank; 11-09-2010 at 07:58 AM

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    I'm trying to implement network/share file transfer from the FILE MANAGER, so I performed few tests today using wireless and wired connections (through 100mbit router).

I created a small PC host application (just 40kb) to serve files to the PS3 via TCP/sockets. The tests so far are promising: ~1MB/sec for wireless and ~3MB/s for wired connection transfers. In other words a 700MB video file is transferred for 4 mins on a wired connection, which is quite good achievement.
    very nice! so we can use this to update Multiman and download covers etc directly this way?

thanks for your answer btw deanrr.

No, it is to access your PC files directly from multiMAN's filemanager, to copy files and folders to your PC without the need of ftp or usb sticks, etc.

multiMAN already supports DOWNLOADING updates and covers automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    No, it is to access your PC files directly from multiMAN's filemanager, to copy files and folders to your PC without the need of ftp or usb sticks, etc.

multiMAN already supports DOWNLOADING updates and covers automatically.
    I have a n00b question about that. If I have never signed into or setup a PSN account, will the PS3 connect to the internet and download firmware updates on its own? I have a Slim 3.41. I would like to use the automatic features in MulitMan but I'm leery about letting it get online.

Great work on MultiMan, IMO the best OBM out there.

No, it won't do anything without you telling it too. You won't be able to update your firmware without signing into PSN so you'll be fine.

You internet connection can be connected without any problems.

Some nice progress about network copy function... It now is equal (and sometimes faster) than the FTP speed:

Transfer without copying data to internal HDD:

Fully operational copy:

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

DSC00332_sm.JPG   DSC00336_sm.JPG  

Nice feature. I would love to transfere Files without using the FTP Server. I have a Full BD Movie on the internal of my PS3.

Could it been possible to Mount the BD Movies als DEV_BDVIDEO like the PS2 Disks?

If you can mount any type of Disk may you could add DEV_DVDVideo support to Play TS Folders with an Menü and Extras without switching the .vob's or a support for PS 1 Games with DEV_PS1Disc or something. This would be great.

PS: Is there a source code out for your newest Versinon ?

Thanks for this excellent Manager.

Vodka

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News