Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 56 of 448 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    quick question, has anyone had dtshd-ma and true hd avchd stuctures working from external hard drives connected to their ps3?

The bandwidth limitation from USB just got me thinking, i have avatar running through multiavchd at the moment....regards

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It all depends on your AV receiver and cable connections. Using toslink/coaxial/optical may not work for HD audio. There are receivers which support DTSMA/HRA/TrueHD via HDMI connection.

Sadly my Pioneer receiver supports DTS and Dolby - no HD audio, so I can't test HD audio.

If you get SD core from TrueHD or DTS from DTS-HD then it means your PS3 does its best to comply with your receiver's capabilities.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    I'm good to go then with my 16mb SD Card. I knew I'd find some use for this thing some day. It's not even been used before.
    Just make sure the card is FAT16 or FAT32 formatted and you're really good to go
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 04:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Good news!

I got AVCHD working from the INTERNAL HDD! Total success!

It requires an ACTUAL USB drive/flash-stick connected to 1st usb port (/dev_usb000) with empty (or actual) AVCHD folder, containing only (at least) these 2 folders and 2 files

X:\AVCHD
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV\INDEX.BDM
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV\MOVIEOBJ.BDM
    What are those 2 files? how do I create them? sorry for the n00b question, lets say I DL an AVCHD clip and first I should ftp it into the internal, then create those 2 folders and those 2 files on the USB drive/stick to be able to play the clip on the internal?

can you add an option to create the required files on the usb/flash stick if they are not found when selecting an AVCHD from internal?

It may save a lot of questions from people who have forgotten to create the structure.

#zoned: It checks for these files and creates the AVCHD folder structure/INDEX/MOVIEOBJ.BDM ONLY if needed.

I wish those with so many questions GIVE it a try first instead of asking "will it", "what if", "should I"... It's all taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post
    What are those 2 files? how do I create them? sorry for the n00b question, lets say I DL an AVCHD clip and first I should ftp it into the internal, then create those 2 folders and those 2 files on the USB drive/stick to be able to play the clip on the internal?
    AVCHD is an AUTHORING format (structure) not a FILE format.
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 05:06 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm going to try it... downloading isn't completed that's why I was wondering while waiting

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    can you add an option to create the required files on the usb/flash stick if they are not found when selecting an AVCHD from internal?

It may save a lot of questions from people who have forgotten to create the structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    #zoned: It checks for these files and creates the AVCHD folder structure/INDEX/MOVIEOBJ.BDM ONLY if needed.

I wish those with so many questions GIVE it a try first instead of asking "will it", "what if", "should I"... It's all taken care of.
    Here is what multiMAN does when AVCHD HDD title is activated (one with [HDD Video] prefix, colored in YELLOW):

1) Check for SDHC card presence: /dev_sd
    2) If SDHD is present, check if PRIVATE folder is present and creates it if not present
    3) If SDHC is not present, check for MemoryStick (/dev_ms)
    4) If MemoryStick is not present, check for 4 USB ports (/dev_usb00X)
    5) If suitable external storage is found (SDHC, MemoryStick, USB) check for AVCHD folder presence (or /PRIVATE/AVCHD for SDHC). If not present, create it
    6) Check for /AVCHD/BDMV folder presence (or /PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV for SDHC) - if not - create it
    7) Check for INDEX.BDM inside BDMV - if not - create it
    8) Check for MOVIEOBJ.BDM inside BDMV - if not - create it
    9) Mount AVCHD HDD folder to storage device and exit to XMB

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 06:54 PM

Perfect! that's what I was wondering about! thanks so much for taking the times to list them!!!

Okay I tried it, and the manager lists the video on the list but when I hit X, it says do I want to activate the AVCHD folder and I can play it on XMB under video tab... so I say Yes, but when I go to Video tab on XMB, I don't see it... I see the USB storage under the video tab but when I go in, I see nothing... what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Last edited by vnguyen972; 11-05-2010 at 06:32 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It works for AVCHD compliant folders, and not for Blu-ray ones.

It should list the title in YELLOW (not in orange/red) if it is AVCHD. Also make sure you're using 01.09.01 version.

When AVCHD HDD folder is activated you have to go to VIDEO tab, click [X] on you USB/SDHC/MS and click [X] when AVCHD icon appears.

And something VERY IMPORTANT: Your jailbreak method/device MUST support syscall8 (hermes 3/4/4b).
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 06:45 PM

Ah... mine was listed in RED so I guess it's not compatible.

Sponsored Links