Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 55 of 447 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no way to avoid inserting a USB stick for AVCHD HDD playback - if you don't connect one there will be no way to initiate playback from XMB Video tab.
    So, we can use internal HDD to play Blu-Ray movie files but need to have an external/USB drive with playload support to play them from?

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of support for internal HDD? I think I've confused myself here. Could you enlighten me farther please Dean! My mind isn't working clearly I guess.

Just saw this:

01.09.00 - Support for AVCHD playback from INTERNAL HDD (payload with syscall8 support required) - connected USB stick/HDD required
    I'm still confused a bit though. Is this saying you only need the USB stick with the payload running from it to play from internal?
    Last edited by tonybologna; 11-05-2010 at 01:53 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1) You're confusing the terms: payload, usb, etc...

2) To have AVCHD HDD playback you need a jailbreak device with syscall8 support (i.e. hermes 3/4/4b). Older payloads with syscall36 support only or PL3 with syscall35 only will not work.

3) To initiate AVCHD playback you need ANY FAT32 formatted USB stick/USB HDD connected to your PS3 - it is needed, because you need to initiate plaback from XMB VIDEO tab and there you MUST have USB/SDHC/MemoryStick connected to have the option.

The USB you connect will be used as a mount point for AVCHD HDD structure. multiMAN will create AVCHD/BDMV with required files if not present.

4) No it doesn't defeat the purpose of all that, because you can have a 512MB USB stick connected and play 20 different AVCHD HDD folders, 15GB each.

5) Using internal HDD for playback may dramatically improve playback performance for movies with high bitrate and HD audio, since external USB sticks have low transfer rates, compared to internal HDD.

In the next release I'll add SDHC and MemoryStick as AVCHD HDD mounting points (that is for 1st gen consoles like mine with 4USB+SDHC+MS+CF slots).

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 02:12 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK, cool, I can see why you need the USB stick in there... do you think, maybe with XML editing to reveal some options or something, that that necessity may go in the future ? Obviously that's a very "maybe/what if" question!

One other thing, when you say "backup of AVCHD folders" - you mean AVCHD folders that you have connected via a USB HDD can now be backed up and copied to the Internal HDD ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
    One other thing, when you say "backup of AVCHD folders" - you mean AVCHD folders that you have connected via a USB HDD can now be backed up and copied to the Internal HDD ?
    Yes, select a [Video] (AVCHD) folder and press [CIRCLE]

//

First post updated with link to 01.09.01 UPDATE:

Code:
    01.09.01 - Support for AVCHD HDD playback with USB/SDHC/MemoryStick mount points
    It means that you can load AVCHD HDD folders if you have SDHC card, MemoryStick Card or USB storage device connected to your PS3.

Dean

First post updated.

ps. Yes, you can backup to internal hdd by pressing the circle.

Thanks for clearing things up Dean!
    3) To initiate AVCHD playback you need ANY FAT32 formatted USB stick/USB HDD connected to your PS3 - it is needed, because you need to initiate plaback from XMB VIDEO tab and there you MUST have USB/SDHC/MemoryStick connected to have the option.
    Well, I guess I'll have to use the USB HDD that I have for the Wii now. I can format the left over space to FAT32 and just swap back and forth from the Wii to PS3.

The latest update 01.09.01 supports memorystick and sdhc cards, too.

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    The latest update 01.09.01 supports memorystick and sdhc cards, too.
    Is there a minimum size external for mounting? I have a 16mb SD Card that I got with a camera last year. This way I wouldn't need to swap the bigger USB HDD that I use with the Wii right now.
    Last edited by tonybologna; 11-05-2010 at 02:53 PM

The AVCHD HDD playback requires USB, MemoryStick card or SDHC card, FAT32 formatted with at least 24KB free - that's what it takes - just 24 kilobytes for 2 small files.

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    The AVCHD HDD playback requires USB, MemoryStick card or SDHC card, FAT32 formatted with at least 24KB free - that's what it takes - just 24 kilobytes for 2 small files.

Dean
    I'm good to go then with my 16mb SD Card. I knew I'd find some use for this thing some day. It's not even been used before.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News