Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 54 of 447 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    I don't understand your question... if there is any.

I just say that I have no problems... for browsing the internet, downloading game updates, etc, etc... I have PSN auto-login disabled and don't care about it.
    He meant (I think) that if you leave everything connected up, and you're not the only one using your PS3, then someone else could inadvertently go online and update the Firmware - but obviously disabling the PSN login would avert this.

That would be great if you could get AVCHD working off the internal drive, save having to transfer to USB HDD all the time.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm, ok, ill re-test, could be tsmuxer not doing something right, ill run through multiavchd and create a new avchd structure, media info and mpc-hc report the split streams as dtshd-ma...but when playing back off my external hard drive, it only output dts...whats really weird is my ps3 was set only to output to stereo, when it was, the info bar displayed dtshd-ma from playing off the external hard drive, after re running the sound settings to enable dtshd-ma output into my 7.1 amp, i only got dts.... weird..ill try again

regards

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
    He meant (I think) that if you leave everything connected up, and you're not the only one using your PS3, then someone else could inadvertently go online and update the Firmware - but obviously disabling the PSN login would avert this.

That would be great if you could get AVCHD working off the internal drive, save having to transfer to USB HDD all the time.
    Good news!

I got AVCHD working from the INTERNAL HDD! Total success!

It requires an ACTUAL USB drive/flash-stick connected to 1st usb port (/dev_usb000) with empty (or actual) AVCHD folder, containing only (at least) these 2 folders and 2 files

X:\AVCHD
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV\INDEX.BDM
    X:\AVCHD\BDMV\MOVIEOBJ.BDM

I added support for launching AVCHD from internal HDD (you can use multiMAN to backup AVCHD to the internal hdd's game folder).

AVCHD saved on internal HDD is marked as [HDD Video] in the list:

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

DSC00309_sm.JPG  
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 11:31 AM

I also added an OVERSCAN option in the .ini + support for a bit longer GAME TITLE names and some other things and fix for the 99% progress stall. The update will be available later (01.08.08).
    Thanks so very much for looking into this. I did not expect anything so fast. I will be the first to test as soon as you update. If i can remember tonight I'll get a pic posted so you have a better idea on about how much compensation is needed.

The ini parameter allows you to set any value (in percents) like

overscan=0
    overscan=5
    overscan=15

It will affect the device list and the legend (+legend font size and x offset).

I'll post the update later.

I don't understand your question... if there is any.

I just say that I have no problems... for browsing the internet, downloading game updates, etc, etc... I have PSN auto-login disabled and don't care about it.
    My question is about people that share PS3 with other users... maybe they don't know that PSN updates are bad. So best option there is to enable proxy and disable firmware updates via PS3 Proxy replacement of files.

My real question is if it is possible to use Proxy with multimanager updates and cover downloads? I could not make it work with proxy connection. But I can use game updates without problems. So maybe multimanager makes no use of proxy settings?

Yes, it doesn't use the proxy settings.

Wow, now that IS good news, excellent work deanrr!

Do you think that necessity to have a USB device connected may change as I've only got two slots, and one has the USB board in (which I could obviously take out, but it's a bit of a hassle adding in new USB sticks etc all the time) and PS3Eye in the other.

Great stuff though, really impressed with the progression of this app and the dedication you have to it (although I'm not surprised considering how good multiAVCHD is )

Do I have to Edit .INI file to install your BM with Rogero's already installed on my external? Sorry bout the noob question but I am just getting my stuff going here..installing Rogero's now and I dont see any INI file packed with that one...and I see one with yours...so I am just wondering if I have to make any changes for it see games installed...also after I install the package I have to manually put the INI file somewhere or can I throw it on my external HDD and it will update? I thought I read something bout that in this thread?

I really didnt see a lot of step by step on how to install and get everything running...

Thanks for any help, installed both but I see no directory to put my games thru windows on my USB HDD even after enabling showing system files and unhiding options...
    Last edited by element51; 11-05-2010 at 01:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by randomusername View Post
    Wow, now that IS good news, excellent work deanrr!

Do you think that necessity to have a USB device connected may change as I've only got two slots, and one has the USB board in (which I could obviously take out, but it's a bit of a hassle adding in new USB sticks etc all the time) and PS3Eye in the other.

Great stuff though, really impressed with the progression of this app and the dedication you have to it (although I'm not surprised considering how good multiAVCHD is )
    There is no way to avoid inserting a USB stick for AVCHD HDD playback - if you don't connect one there will be no way to initiate playback from XMB Video tab.

First post updated with links to version 01.09.00:

[Register or Login to view code]

Important note: When backing up AVCHD folders to internal HDD make sure that folder name is unique and there is no such folder on your internal HDD. You can always use the FILE MANAGER to rename the folder before copying to internal HDD.

With the option to play AVCHD from internal HDD it means that you can now have files larger than 4GB - not that it makes any sense, but still.

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 01:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links