Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 53 of 448 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hate to even ask this, I know it comes up from time to time on most of the backup manager threads, but here goes.

Any chance for a "overscan friendly" version? This is the only manager I ever want to use, simply because it is by far the best, but my TV (rear projection HDTV) has a couple inches of overscan that cuts off the hard drive stats and part of the legend when I display it. Would it take very much to move everything in off the edges just a but for those of us with this issue? My choice in managers is somewhat dictated by what displays well with my setup and I know i'm not the only one.

Others with the same problem, please speak up.
    Last edited by sparhawk110; 11-05-2010 at 01:53 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post

About all those people around wondering about full INTERNET CONNECTION of their PS3 consoles: I have 2 PS3s connected to internet without any restrictions for the last two months and all is okay.
    Are you the only one using the PS3 or do you let others use it? Because I can just imagine what will happen if they decide to connect to PSN and update firmware?

Sponsored Links

secondary search folders

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by FMAranda View Post
    Have you tried this? If not, write /_skip_ on secondary search folders.
    Thanks!!! Solved my problem too

Dean,

Might be being silly here but, i used tsmuxer to mux a blu ray structure created by bdrebuilder into an avchd structure. It was die hard 4.

Your manager recognised the folder, i clicked launch, got the required message about it being playable form the video tab... but when i go to the video tab, nothing is there, just my external hard drive, I can see the structure, but, it only allows me to play individual streams, not the structure as a whole form the external hard hard drive

any ideas?

cheers

At the moment AVCHD is supported only, not Blu-ray, but still you can try:

1) Insert original Blu-ray disc (movie)
    2) Select and activate the blu-ray folder from within multiMAN
    3) Go to Video and activate the Blu-ray disc...

It won't work but worths a shot...

You need to create AVCHD with multiAVCHD or use AVCHD Manager to rename your blu-ray structure to AVCHD compliant filenames.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinos View Post
    Are you the only one using the PS3 or do you let others use it? Because I can just imagine what will happen if they decide to connect to PSN and update firmware?
    I don't understand your question... if there is any.

I just say that I have no problems... for browsing the internet, downloading game updates, etc, etc... I have PSN auto-login disabled and don't care about it.
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 08:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm aware of the FTP hang problem, but if you wait for like 30seconds - 1min it will quit. I'll take a look at it later. Also I think - exitting with the [PS] button doesn't cause such hang.
    Exiting with the [PS] button doesn't hang the PS3. But force the PS3 to shutdown and restart.

Quote Originally Posted by sparhawk110 View Post
    I hate to even ask this, I know it comes up from time to time on most of the backup manager threads, but here goes.

Any chance for a "overscan friendly" version? This is the only manager I ever want to use, simply because it is by far the best, but my TV (rear projection HDTV) has a couple inches of overscan that cuts off the hard drive stats and part of the legend when I display it. Would it take very much to move everything in off the edges just a but for those of us with this issue? My choice in managers is somewhat dictated by what displays well with my setup and I know i'm not the only one.

Others with the same problem, please speak up.
    I'll add an overscan option in the .ini file. Can you post a screenshot of the image you see? If only the legend needs to be moved - it is easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by salty666 View Post
    Exiting with the [PS] button doesn't hang the PS3. But force the PS3 to shutdown and restart.
    That is because of your payload. And I fixed the locking after FTP usage in the last release.
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 08:36 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Deans right, I've had my PS3 hooked to the internet since day one. Game updates, play-on plugins, full browsing, etc. I only have auto-login turned off, and removed my password to login. I haven't had a problem, But even if I do, no big deal, as I cant play online anyway withou getting banned.

People having games listed twice, follow the instructions to add _skip_ to the extra paths in the options.ini file.

Cheers again Dean!

At the moment AVCHD is supported only, not Blu-ray, but still you can try:

1) Insert original Blu-ray disc (movie)
    2) Select and activate the blu-ray folder from within multiMAN
    3) Go to Video and activate the Blu-ray disc...

It won't work but worths a shot...

You need to create AVCHD with multiAVCHD or use AVCHD Manager to rename your blu-ray structure to AVCHD compliant filenames.
    Thanks Dean, AVCHD manager worked a treat, all ok, apart from the PS3 doesn't support DTSHD-MA from ACVHD folders, so i got regular DTS. I remembered this being a PS3 limitation..... how long / hard would itbe to implement BD folder structure support?

Im guessing we would trick the PS3 into thinking there is a Blu ray disc inserted somehow, as we do with games...

Thanks for the manager, great work! Let me know your thoughts on Blu Ray structure support from an external drive etc..... ill test the BD disc option later and report back.... little brothers is busy playing on it atm :-D

regards

There is no problem with TrueHD, DTS-Master and DTS-HR in AVCHD when played by the PS3.

Someone asked about playing AVCHD from the INTERNAL HDD and I think it is possible if syscall8 is used for remapping /dev_usb000 for example to /dev_hdd0/blabla/AVCHD_1234/ But I'll have to test it first.

Dean

//

I also added an OVERSCAN option in the .ini + support for a bit longer GAME TITLE names and some other things and fix for the 99% progress stall. The update will be available later (01.08.08).
    Last edited by deank; 11-05-2010 at 10:58 AM

Sponsored Links