Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 439 of 448 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 4473

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tophead420 View Post
    Can someone tell me what format Paxil backups need to be in to work and what programs to use to burn a backup to a disk. And will DVDs work? I tried but I just get a black screen. I really wanna play ff9
    You can just backup your games to your PS3s Internal HDD or an External HDD connected to the PS3 which is formatted to FAT32.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm a little confused, sorry. You are saying psx backups can run from hdd (int or ext) without the need of a disc..?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It says this in the change log:

You will see a "STAR" icon in XMMB Game column, which you can use to launch your PSX backups.
    So I'm assuming you can backup your PSX games and play them (unless by backup it meant disks), I haven't got the chance to try it yet though.

I did notice that too but I assumed it meant you can start the game from XMMB but it will run the game from disc. Anyone else tried this already without disc? Otherwise I'll just give it a try when I have some time. Kid's playing Toy Story now so it will take a while

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420 View Post
    Can someone tell me what format Paxil backups need to be in to work and what programs to use to burn a backup to a disk. And will DVDs work? I tried but I just get a black screen. I really wanna play ff9
    Ain't got a clue what "paxil" format is but FF9 is one of the protected ps1 game so if you make a dump (one way or the other) of that it will most likely need a patch.

Dvd movies is usually encrypted (and region locked) and you need something like Dvdfab to decrypt it. Dvdfab can probably do all you need but personally i like to mess around with Dvdshrink and use ImgBurn to burn.
    Last edited by TheDevil; 10-08-2011 at 09:36 AM

tried to backup my original FFVIII disc (US version) but multiman gave me an error... said something about i don't have permission and i can't create an iso. wtf?

Well I put some iso backup files in the game folder on my external hdd and thought I'd see what happens when launching from file manager but it just won't work (yet).

Think we have to be a little more patient as I read something about Dean working on a new kind of eboot fix which will create a PKG that will run straight from XMB without need of MM.

Or perhaps I totally misunderstand what he is saying. Lets just see what the future brings.

Hi, regarding version 2.09.00 I have question about "Direct Disc Access" mode. I am confused. It seems to me that the bulletin have conflicting items... from my understanding, when DDA is turn on, you can rip BD movie, launch ISO PS3 backup (*3). But you cannot backup PS3 Game Disc even with it turn on (*3). But (*1) says you cannot create ISO backup ... UNLESS DDA is turn on. That means that when it is turn on, you should be able to backup? Then again, (*0) says that you can back up PS3 game.

So can you create PS3 ISO in any case? Can someone clarify for me?

Also in (*2) what does it mean by "same functionality"? Is it referring to (*3) (rip BD movie discs, launch games,...) or there are any extra functionality that I missed out?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wwywong; 10-11-2011 at 05:54 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Confused Multiman Direct Boot Problem?!

I upgraded from multi man 1.16 to 2.09.

I used to be able to choose to run games directly from multi man, or be brought back to the xmb to run it there. some games only worked this way. now that i updated to 2.09, those games aren't working.. is there a setting I'm missing? can i direct boot from multi man to run these games? an example of one was GTA 4 would be greatly appreciated.

To run a game without exiting to the XMB go to "game settings" on the game you're on and select "Direct boot".

Sponsored Links