PlayStation 3 developer deank has released a stand-alone BROWSER.SELF Web browser that can be used in both multiMAN and other applications by PS3 homebrew developers.
Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]
This is a standalone browser, which can be used by any other application (not just multiMAN).
- Supports downloading of files
- FTP server running in the background
- Allocates ~150MB for the browser, so no more 'insuff. memory' errors
- If URL is parsed, it will open it. If not -> Official PS3 page is opened
- On exit it will return to the caller application (if RELOAD.SELF is present in the same folder)
- Downloaded files are saved under the current folder + ./DOWNLOADS
If present in multiMAN's USRDIR folder - it will be used instead of the build-in mM browser. (if you update to the latest online version, which includes it)
Other devs are free to use it in their apps. The proper way would be to create your own EBOOT.BIN, which will call the BROWSER.SELF with any parameter/URL you wish.
void launch_self(char *_self, char *_param)
sprintf(self, "%s", _self);
memset(launchargv, 0, sizeof(launchargv));
launchargv = (char*)malloc(strlen(_param) + 1); strcpy(launchargv, _param);
launchargv = NULL;
exitspawn((const char*)self, (char* const*)launchargv, NULL, NULL, 0, 64, SYS_PROCESS_PRIMARY_STACK_SIZE_512K);
Here is an EBOOT.BIN with content_id: WWWFTP-BROW00001_00-WWWBROWSERFTP001
Using the EBOOT.BIN is not very useful, because you'll always get the official PS3 Web page (I set it to the UK one).
Below are some more multiMAN PS3 updates for those interested: