Identification Question 5: Sony Compliance Question
You are testing a title on a PlayStation 3 system, while watching the introduction video you eject the titles disc, and notice a system message that says: “Game Quit: No Request Event”
After 10 seconds the system returns to the XMB normally.
[R076] The title handles the game termination request event notified by the system and carries out termination processing in the correct method.
Explanation: When the user carries out one of the following operations, the game termination request event (CELL_SYSUTIL_REQUEST_EXITGAME) will be notified to the application.
• The user presses the PS button of the controller and selects "Quit Game" or "Turn Off the System"
• The user presses the power button of the PlayStation®3 console to turn the power off
• The user ejects the disc (disc boot games only)
• The user selects game termination in an error dialog displayed by a system utility
• The user selects OK in the System Software update dialog when a new patch is released
• The user receives a game boot message from another application and boot that game
In addition to the above, the game termination request event will also be generated when the application starts store browsing using an NP IN-GAME commerce 2 utility API, or when the application calls the full browser using a web browser utility API. When the application receives this game termination request event, carry out termination processing immediately, even if data is being loaded or a movie is being played back. If writing to a file (such as when updating save data), it is permitted to delay the termination processing until the file operations complete. Even in such cases, however, termination processing must be executed within approximately 10 seconds.
Based on the system message and the actual TRC, how would you describe this issue in your report? Please consider carefully all the information provided before writing your answer.