Say THANKS and THANKS to squarepusher2 for his hard work on these four emulators, and not only to make them work with multiMAN, but to improve and bring them up to what they are!
* multiMAN ver 2.00.03 UPDATE (20110603_201000)
If you're on any previous version - I suggest that you update to the latest multiMAN.
* Added: Threaded processing in background for downloading covers (no more GUI interruptions)
* Added: XMMB mode will invoke download of missing covers, too
* Changed: Non-blockable scanning in XMMB when device is connected/disconnected
* Added: Support for Genesis+ GX retro emulator (port by squarepusher2)
* Added: Support for FCEUltra (NES/ULTRA) PS3 retro emulator (port by squarepusher2)
* Added: Support for VBA PS3 retro emulator (GameBoy/GameBoy Advanced)
* Improved: XMMB Photo column display and navigation (no more image buffers release when full - a lot seamless now)
* Added: Support for PNG covers for Retro column (408x408 max resolution) (408x180 for best results) * Added: L2+R2 will turn on screensaver mode
* Added: Caching of the whole XMMB mode
* Improved: Navigation in XMMB is completely rewritten - now smooth and faster than original PS3 XMB
* Added: Rotating "refresh" icons will now show while loading content in XMMB (picture/video/game/fave/retro columns) - like in the real PS3 XMB
If you think you liked XMMB mode you will be surprised. In this update, XMMB mode in multiMAN is faster than the real PS3 XMB. Scrolling left/right and up/down is by far better than any previous release. Names of column entries are now aligned in some columns.
Some test results:
* Loading 1024 roms from internal HDD in Retro column = 3 seconds
* Loading 1024 roms from external USB HDD in Retro column = ~30 seconds
Without any exaggeration: just check it - you'll love it.
// options.ini / options_default.ini changes for RETRO column/emulators:
Deank - any reason you're posting about updates specifically 2.00.03 when you already released that version number?
(Means i can't update to it using the built in fuctionality)
I would have thought you'd have increasd the number?!
Or are you simply re-listing the main release with the new emulators even though there are no changes between your previous 2.00.03 posts and this one? (i.e. do we just need to install the new EMU packages if we already have 2.00.03? in which case would't it be better to simply list the EMU pkg?)
A very confused PSPSwampy.
p.s. Thanks again (To all involved)
I think the new version differs as it has added support for additional emu (and sometimes also some unlisted minor fixes / amendments as well) ... And indeed even the version is the same, the "subversion" (date / time) changes. Can't comment on the built in update option though as I don't use it / do not have that PS3 onlin at all and it's not rally that much bother to slap the new updates(s) on USB stick and (re-)install.