multiMAN ver 2.00.03 UPDATE WITH SNES GENESIS FCEU VBA (20110603_234900).rar (31.1 MB) --> [Register or Login to view links]
Latest from squarepusher2 repo, compiled by me:
* 20110603-233800-VBA [VBAM90000] [multiMAN].pkg (GameBoy/Advanced)
* 20110602-161300-SNES9X [SNES90000] [multiMAN].pkg
* 20110602-161200-GENESIS-PLUS [GENP00001] [multiMAN].pkg
* 20110602-161700-FCEU [FCEU90000] [multiMAN].pkg
Say THANKS and THANKS to squarepusher2 for his hard work on these four emulators, and not only to make them work with multiMAN, but to improve and bring them up to what they are!
* multiMAN ver 2.00.03 UPDATE (20110603_201000)
If you're on any previous version - I suggest that you update to the latest multiMAN.
* Added: Threaded processing in background for downloading covers (no more GUI interruptions)
* Added: XMMB mode will invoke download of missing covers, too
* Changed: Non-blockable scanning in XMMB when device is connected/disconnected
* Added: Support for Genesis+ GX retro emulator (port by squarepusher2)
* Added: Support for FCEUltra (NES/ULTRA) PS3 retro emulator (port by squarepusher2)
* Added: Support for VBA PS3 retro emulator (GameBoy/GameBoy Advanced)
* Improved: XMMB Photo column display and navigation (no more image buffers release when full - a lot seamless now)
* Added: Support for PNG covers for Retro column (408x408 max resolution) (408x180 for best results)
* Added: L2+R2 will turn on screensaver mode
* Added: Caching of the whole XMMB mode
* Improved: Navigation in XMMB is completely rewritten - now smooth and faster than original PS3 XMB
* Added: Rotating "refresh" icons will now show while loading content in XMMB (picture/video/game/fave/retro columns) - like in the real PS3 XMB
If you think you liked XMMB mode you will be surprised. In this update, XMMB mode in multiMAN is faster than the real PS3 XMB. Scrolling left/right and up/down is by far better than any previous release. Names of column entries are now aligned in some columns.
Some test results:
* Loading 1024 roms from internal HDD in Retro column = 3 seconds
* Loading 1024 roms from external USB HDD in Retro column = ~30 seconds
Without any exaggeration: just check it - you'll love it.
// options.ini / options_default.ini changes for RETRO column/emulators:
# Retro EMULATORS
# RETRO COLUMN COVERS INFORMATION
# Covers for Retro column games (ROMS) are stored and first looked for in:
# SNES -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/covers_retro/snes
# FCEU -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/covers_retro/fceu
# GEN+ -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/covers_retro/gen
# VBA -> /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/covers_retro/vba
# Covers must be named *EXACTLY* as the game ROM (without the extension) + .jpg or .png
# Example: GAME_ROM_NAME.EXT
# COVERS : GAME_ROM_NAME.jpg or GAME_ROM_NAME.png
# Covers must be in PNG format (max 408x408 pixels),
# or in JPG format, having width dividable by 2 but not larger than 3264x3264 pixels.
# Use covers with resolution of 408x180 for best visual results.
# multiMAN will also look for covers in the same folder where ROMs are found.
# For best results use internal hdd (/dev_hdd0/ROMS/****) to store your roms and covers.
# EMULATOR EXECUTABLES AND PATHS
# SNES9x for PS3 (Super Nintendo ES Emulator)
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_usb00*/ROMS/snes for game roms and covers
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_hdd0/ROMS/snes for game roms and covers
# ROM extensions: SMC/smc, FIG/fig, SFC/sfc, GD3/gd3, GD7/gd7, DX2/dx2, BSX/bsx, SWC/swc, JMA/jma, ZIP/zip
# GenesisPlus GX for PS3 (SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive emulator)
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_usb00*/ROMS/gen for game roms and covers
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_hdd0/ROMS/gen for game roms and covers
# ROM extensions: BIN/bin, SMD/smd, GEN/gen, SMS/sms, md/MD, zip/ZIP
# FCEU for PS3 (NES / FCE Ultra emulator)
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_usb00*/ROMS/fceu for game roms and covers
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_hdd0/ROMS/fceu for game roms and covers
# ROM extensions: UNIF/unif, NES/nes, FDS/fds, ZIP/zip
# VBA for PS3 (Gameboy / Advanced emulator)
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_usb00*/ROMS/vba for game roms and covers
# multiMAN will also scan /dev_hdd0/ROMS/vba for game roms and covers
# ROM extensions: gba/GBA, gbc/GBC, gb/GB