I think a column per system would be an awesome alternative with the column itself only appearing if you have a rom for that system and a central favourites list for all emulated games, if its possible.
Another day another superb update - i'm not complaining, but don't you have anything better to do with your time? (i.e. earn $$$ !?) lol
The update problem i had from 2.00.00 to 2.00.01 has re-occurred. Here is the problem, AND a workaround/solution which will hopefully point you in the right direction if a fix can be made:-
1. Using XMMB - Check for updates.
2. Update found - prompts with the details and asks would i like to download.
3. Say YES to download now (Why on earth wouldn't I!)
4. "Old" low res downloader starts, then flips over to the progress bar version
5. Download completes, asks me if i want to exit to XMB to install (I say YES - of course!)
6. Go to *Install Packages and nothing is listed (Well correction - the packages on my USB are listed)
7. Retry 1-6 as many times as i like and no joy.
(Also does this if using the "Update" option at the top of the Filemanager screen
Ok, so to the "solution" (perhaps "work-around" is better!)
1. Do the above once
2. If package isn't listed via *Install packages shut down PS3
3. Start up PS3 again
4. Go to *Install Packages and hey presto the update appears (Note: More than one copy shows up if i've downloaded it a number of times!!)
Anyway hopefully this above may help either Deank find a solution (looks like the package list is cached by the PS3 somehow?) or alternatively help anyone else experiencing this problem resolve it without the need of a PC
Oh and here are a couple of feature requests:-
1. I'd love it if you could include an option within MultiMAN to download the additional multiman compatible apps (e.g. Download latest Showtime/SNES/GEN/Next new feature etc)
2. In the retro column, could you have Items for SNES / GENESIS etc, that then expand down with the list of Roms (AS well as the ability to then order/group the roms) I feel this would be more pleasing to use than to have multiple columns (for each emulator) while still bringing managablility to your rom set.
3. It would be even better if multiman could update without the need to return to XMB and manually apply the update package. (e.g. Could you simply download the changed files into the USRDIR folder directly and kick off restart of multiman? (would save a few clicks - or in my case a PS3 restart + few clicks)
Finally - just want to repeat myself - GREAT job dude, loving your dedication to this! (Can't believe how it's changed since the first version!)