Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 340 of 448 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 4473

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, I realize this is definitely going to be the biggest noob question of all time, but I just need some quick info as all my searching through this site so far has been fruitless (far as I can tell)

I have been following the PS3 hacking scene since the original JB dongles came out. I have a 3.41 PS3 with my own Teensy dongle to jailbreak it. However I have yet to move onto CFW, as I have had no need up till now to further hack my PS3. But I would definitely like to run unsigned code via my 3.41 PS3 without having to use the dongle every time.

Basically this is what I want to do. Run MutiMAN on 3.41 so I can backup and play my purchased games. I'm sure I could run it with my dongle JB PS3, but that is a major pain in the butt.

So all I need is some keywords, or link, for/to a CFW that will work with MutiMAN and allow me to backup games and play my backups. Or perhaps somebody can just tell me if I am on the right track.

I am looking at this http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-117272.html, will this do what I need? There seems to be a patched PUP so I probably don't need to worry about patching it myself? So if I install this CFW on my 3.41 PS3, can I run the latest version of MutiMAN, backup and play those games with no issues?

And sorry again for asking such moronic questions that I should know by now, but I have been ignoring everything related to backing up games since I did not care about it until now. And it's as if I am starting fresh on the PS3 hacking scene.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    make absolutely sure that you update to 3.55 OFW before installing any CFW (wainkoko, kmeaw, geohot (why?))

note that for older FAT ps3s wainkoko v1 will brick (the ones with 256 vs 16mb) so. steps = download OFW 3.55. Update normally. Put ps3 into service mode via holding power button, etc. install kmeaw 3.55. enjoy.

you might brick or semi-brick going from 3.41 directly to CFW.

all you need is a pen drive. if you don't have that you can even just plug a hard-drive ipod with disk mode enabled (most people have at least one), and use that.
    Last edited by guitarplayerone; 03-17-2011 at 09:10 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    leukotic: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ched-by-kmeaw/

Banned User
    Man quick replies, thanks to you both! +rep.

EDIT: Hmm, apparently I can only rep one person a day, well I'll get you tomorrow br4insick.

So basically you both suggest I do 3.55 CFW rather than 3.41 CFW? (just so I am clear )
    Last edited by leukotic; 03-17-2011 at 09:20 PM

yes, you will be leaving 3.41 behind. Anything you had for 3.41, kiss it goodbye. Its a fresh start for you, thats why you have to flash it with the 3.55 OFW (no going back to 3.41). Then the 3.55 CFW flashes over the 3.55 OFW.

From what i understand, what ever you had for 3.41 before will most likely not work on 3.55, so you would have to start getting stuff signed for 3.55.

Install MultiMan and i believe you will need the BDemu also. Not sure if you need lvl2.pkg (can someone confirm this). To be on the safe side, run a MD5 check on all firmware from your thumbdrive.

Deanrr, i have a question about MultiMan. If i was to burn multiple game folders onto a BD-R, would it run from the blu-ray drive? A blu-ray blank is 25 and 50GB, i believe i can fit a few games per disc.
    Last edited by br4insick; 03-17-2011 at 09:30 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User
    Wait, I thought the CFW I am downloading (the one you linked above) is good for running unsigned code? Cause the OP of this thread says MutiMAN is for unsigned code only?

From the OP of this thread: Current version: 01.16.09 (March 16th, 2011) (for PS3 systems with support for unsigned code execution)

Now I am getting confused, I was hoping I could simply goto OFW 3.55 on my 3.41 PS3, then install the 3.55 CFW you linked above and could run MutiMAN without doing any extra patching.

You can. What he is saying is anything you may have that had the eboot patched to work on 3.41 will likely have to be redone.

Banned User
    Oh ok, thanks. Yeah I have no prior game backups or any of that eboot stuff. I am essentially starting fresh.

Well, hope this works. I am going from 3.41 to OFW 3.55, then I am going to install kmeaw's patched PUP 3.55 (the real kmeaw one, not the patched Wutangrza one linked above) via service mode and then hopefully be able to use MutiMAN without any complications.

Thanks for all the help!

I bricked a ps3 going from 3.41 to ofw 3.55 to cfw 3.55 Kmeaw.

With my other PS3 i updated directly from 3.41 to cfw 3.55 Kmeaw and it worked.

I also believe that Deanrr did the exact same (from 3.41 to cfw 3.55 Kmeaw).

Quote Originally Posted by leukotic View Post
    Oh ok, thanks. Yeah I have no prior game backups or any of that eboot stuff. I am essentially starting fresh.

Well, hope this works. I am going from 3.41 to OFW 3.55, then I am going to install kmeaw's patched PUP 3.55 (the real kmeaw one, not the patched Wutangrza one linked above) via service mode and then hopefully be able to use MutiMAN without any complications.
    don't update through service mode... some say it will bricked the console.

Sponsored Links