Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by wwywong View Post
    Hi Dean, can you please explain a bit more on the new options:
    Logs cleared:

/dev_hdd0/home/000000XX/etc/boot_history.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/patch.dat
    /dev_hdd0/vsh/pushlist/game.dat

About "load_custom_payload". Don't forget that not EVERYONE is on CFW 3.55 or even on 3.55.

Using a regular 3.00-3.41FW + JB USB and all is working just fine. I added the option to disable the built-in LV2 payload injection. You can still do it with external program.

LV1 = HYEPRVISOR
    LV2 = GAMEOS (resident memory / RAM)

LV1 PEEK/POKE allows you to read/modify LV2 (GameOS) via LV1 (Hypervisor).
    LV2 PEEK/POKE allows you to modify LV2 memory *GameOS" directly.

Since FW 3.55 has memory protection (LV2 memory protected) - one needs to disable the protection, so LV1 is changed to disable the protection and then payload (or other modifications to GameOS) can be performed.

lv2.pkg is a program which removes LV2 protection (via LV1 hypervisor) and then changes the GameOS memory (LV2).

The problem is that it is a dirty hack and causes a lot of freezes.

multiMAN can run in regular retail mode without JB or CFW. In this mode you can do EVERYTHING except mounting game backups to /dev_bdvd or /app_home.

A regular JB (payload) allows you to 'remap' folders and install PKG files (signed or unsigned).

I added some kind of "save last state" for multiMAN. It will save the last display mode you used, the font, overscan, content mode and "show paths" options. By doing this - it will save time editing the ini because upon next multiMAN launch you'll have everything as the last time you left it.

Dean

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK, I have multiMAN ver 1.12.05 BASE [20110113_170000] already installed. I have read that a few new updates kinda went a bit weird, but i believe Dean has fixed this now with 1.13.03?

Also that the Lvl.2 patch has now been integrated (if that's what i've read correctly)?

If so my question(s) are, how to I get to 1.13.03 from 1.12.05? and what do would I need to do instead of running the lvl2 before mounting a game from the EXT Hard Drive?

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well at the time of purchase there were no Customer firmware around. But back to the original question...

I have just downgraded my PS3 from 3.50 to 3.41 with the P3go and find the generic file manager very boring to look at.

Will I be able to use this multiman with my P3go?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    I added some kind of "save last state" for multiMAN. It will save the last display mode you used, the font, overscan, content mode and "show paths" options. By doing this - it will save time editing the ini because upon next multiMAN launch you'll have everything as the last time you left it.
    All kinds of awesome Dean thanks.

I've hit the same problem, could you tell me how you changed the .ini?

Having quite a few problems with 01.13.04, still the same error "multiMAN cannot detect any resident payload. Functionality may be restricted!" - had to edit the options.ini fail again "load_custom_payload" so it would read the Ext HDD, Patching hangs too

Reverted to the old Lvl2 patcher, no error message on loading Mutiman after that, all the game started working again.

Cheers

Hi Dean,

Quick question, if theres an update to the payload.bin do you think it would be possible to just upload the patch.txt and payload.bin to the payload directory in MultiMAN via the file manager and were set?

Cheers

Yes You'll be all set.

multiMAN cannot detect any resident payload. Functionality may be restricted!"

how do i change the options.ini as others have?

Thanks for your awesome work dude! I tried it last night with lvl2 v2 and it worked. Didn't know there were new versions out, gonna try them out.

I just ran the Lvl2 patcher before Multiman, no error up on load after that.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News